Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 39 votes, 4.90 average. Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 01:07 AM   #1
Bshelton OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 390
Soccer Thread V1: Klinsmann for Gold?

Hi guys, just seeing if anyone on here enjoys some soccer banter at all. I'll start out, I support Liverpool and its been a rough year so far. Hoping this transfer window see's us get some much needed quality up front. Ah also some talking points:

Man Utd are scum
Can Harry Redknapp pull off another miracle with QPR
And in spite of the first point Gary Neville is the greatest pundit/analyst on the air right now.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:47 PM   #2
Bshelton OP
Gnarly Adventurer

No one? No one on these forums like soccer?
Old 01-05-2013, 03:37 AM   #3
mancunian
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
You mean football

Hello brother from across the pond, Harry seems to be doing ok but Benitez is the big surprise !
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:30 PM   #4
mikem9
Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,195
I'm a convert.

At first I was very disappointed that LIverpool didn't land Clint Dempsey. But, looks like the Spurs are doing well now and he's starting to show better there. I think he would have been a good fit at Liverpool though.
mikem9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:39 AM   #5
Icewalker
Conundrum

Oddometer: 40,461
6th place ..... no trophies for a good few years now. And everyone keeps jumping ship. On the bright side I don't think Arsenal is in any debt unlike quite a few of the teams in the premier league
Old 01-08-2013, 06:01 PM   #6
Bshelton OP
Gnarly Adventurer

This is true! IDK how all the FFP rules are going to affect big spending teams. They may just get around them like City's big "sponsorship".

Also agree with the surprise Rafa. But with money Rafa could be deadly, he's a top manager.

In transfers I'm glad Liverpool picked up Sturridge, I think if his attitude can be controlled he will be a great signing, plus he's versatile.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:15 AM   #7
mancunian
Gnarly Adventurer

big game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bshelton View Post
Hi guys, just seeing if anyone on here enjoys some soccer banter at all. I'll start out, I support Liverpool and its been a rough year so far. Hoping this transfer window see's us get some much needed quality up front. Ah also some talking points:

Man Utd are scum
Can Harry Redknapp pull off another miracle with QPR
And in spite of the first point Gary Neville is the greatest pundit/analyst on the air right now.
Man utd Liverpool tomorrow brother
Old 01-12-2013, 11:29 AM   #8
JNRobert
Breaking Wind

Oddometer: 9,505
The original Thread football/soccer has been a dead subject here, unfortunately (except for the big tournaments like the Euros and World Cup).
Old 01-14-2013, 09:07 AM   #9
mancunian
Gnarly Adventurer

thanks

been reading through interesting
Old 01-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #10
Bshelton OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Welp, Man Utd beat Liverpool very deservedly. Liverpool were terrible in the first half, but the second was much much better. I think Daniel Sturridge is going to be a great signing for us. The game completely opened up when we had three forwards instead of 2 wingers and Suarez in the middle. But credit to Utd, they got the goals and thats all that really matters. Also credit to Howard Webb as I think he did a fantastic job officiating this game.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:26 PM   #11
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 72,924
Quote:
Welp, Man Utd beat Liverpool very deservedly. Liverpool were terrible in the first half, but the second was much much better. I think Daniel Sturridge is going to be a great signing for us. The game completely opened up when we had three forwards instead of 2 wingers and Suarez in the middle. But credit to Utd, they got the goals and thats all that really matters. Also credit to Howard Webb as I think he did a fantastic job officiating this game.
You saw all there was to see in Sturridge yesterday. Blazing speed, gets in good positions, shoots from terrible angles, profligate, selfish, doesn't pass to an open Suarez, doesn't smile when he scores. He's never happy, it seems. Not sure he'll ever change, but you never know.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:35 PM   #12
JNRobert
Breaking Wind

Oddometer: 9,505
Guardiola goes to Bayern. Not surprising he turned down the fruitcake who own Chelsea (although I thnk Benitez is doing a good job there and should stay). The EPL is heading to trouble with its unsustainable mega-owners and Sep might just build a club that can rival Barcelona with the much more sane German league model.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:59 PM   #13
Bshelton OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I have high hopes for Sturridge. I'd rather he took shots from crazy angles than not take them at all like all our other players. Hes a nice burst of speed and lets Suarez move away from defenders. I also have high hopes for Fabio Borini. I think he can become a very good player and has great off the ball movement, which is something we DESPERATELY need.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:25 AM   #14
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNRobert View Post
Guardiola goes to Bayern. Not surprising he turned down the fruitcake who own Chelsea (although I thnk Benitez is doing a good job there and should stay). The EPL is heading to trouble with its unsustainable mega-owners and Sep might just build a club that can rival Barcelona with the much more sane German league model.
+1

Well, apart from the Benitez bit...

Talking of Chelski, why the heck in the world would you allow Lampard to leave the club ? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:29 AM   #15
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,749
Quote:
I have high hopes for Sturridge. I'd rather he took shots from crazy angles than not take them at all like all our other players. Hes a nice burst of speed and lets Suarez move away from defenders. I also have high hopes for Fabio Borini. I think he can become a very good player and has great off the ball movement, which is something we DESPERATELY need.
I hope he turns out to be a good buy - Liverpool have wasted way too much money on mediocre players in the past.

Did you see the reports about Suarez admitting he dived in the game against Stoke ? I've supported Liverpool for a very very long time and I have to say, I'd sooner Suarez left tomorrow. He really is an odious little shit and I'd sooner we lose without him than win by him cheating. He's destroying the great legacy of Liverpool and I wish we'd never signed him.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: