Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 08:27 PM   #16
Warney
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 569
The 250S has 1.4 more horsepower and weighs 20lb less. I don't think this link works but just looked on cycletrader, there are a couple near you.
http://www.cycletrader.com/Kymco-Mot...ord=people250s
Warney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:12 PM   #17
rocketmannn
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Laugh Kymco S 250

Had P 250 for 56K miles with no problems. Change oil every 1200 miles when the service warning comes on. Use 15w-40 diesel oil as the factory requires, not 10w-40 crap, and this scooter will run for ever! Only takes 1 quart. We do one 30 day trip every summer from Ohio. If you get a shot at the S 250 (I have one now), it is faster, handles better and has better front brakes.

Never use a Gates CVT belts, replace the stock tires with Michelin tires, use balance beads, always replace the roller weights with Dr. Pully 23 gram weights and remember: when it says you are going 86 mph you are only going 80!!
rocketmannn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #18
brianwheelies OP
Iron toocus

Oddometer: 2,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketmannn View Post
Had P 250 for 56K miles with no problems. Change oil every 1200 miles when the service warning comes on. Use 15w-40 diesel oil as the factory requires, not 10w-40 crap, and this scooter will run for ever! Only takes 1 quart. We do one 30 day trip every summer from Ohio. If you get a shot at the S 250 (I have one now), it is faster, handles better and has better front brakes.

Never use a Gates CVT belts, replace the stock tires with Michelin tires, use balance beads, always replace the roller weights with Dr. Pully 23 gram weights and remember: when it says you are going 86 mph you are only going 80!!
I just emailed a guy about an S model as it seems to pack the goods as far as weight and brakes.

Are the DR Sliders delivering better acceleration, top end, and mpg?

Also, what speeds can be cruised without it vibrating the header pipe into two?

I am very easy on machines nowadays so they usually last a long time at my hand.

Any other pointers about the bike? Issues with fuel pump or filters? Difficulty adjusting valves?
brianwheelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:52 PM   #19
rocketmannn
n00b

Oddometer: 7
S 250

1. The Dr. Pulley sliders reduce rpm, increase mpg and top speed by 3 mph with little effect on acceleration.

2. The S 250 does not have a problem with the exhaust pipe separating from the muffler as was common with the 250.
This scooter can be ridden wide open throttle all day long, until you get the big invitation the courthouse!

3. There are no issues with fuel pump, filters or valve adjustment.

The Kymco People S 250 is superior in acceleration, mpg and handling to the Honda Reflex 250 and the Piaggio Beverly 250.
rocketmannn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:18 PM   #20
brianwheelies OP
Iron toocus

Thanks for the info Rocketmannn.

Luckily these don't sell fast while I make up my mind. There is a standard 250 and the S model that are about the same price.

I kind of like the looks of the standard 250 better.

Are the engines physically different?

Can an exhaust from the S model be installed on the standard model?

I wouldn't mind doing a custom exhaust using a high quality aluminum or titanium stock take off of a larger bike grafted onto one of these bikes.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:08 PM   #21
brianwheelies OP
Iron toocus

I made an offer on the People 250 tonight. It is out of state and he sent some pics. Has a few scratches and needs some armorall on the black plastics. Probably new tires and rollers or sliders(7500 miles) and a valve adjustment. We will see how it goes.