ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Sports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #2206
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Oddometer: 1,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseanhyzer View Post
I thought you were a Texas Longhorns fan. ????? Maybe my memory is poor. If so, why are you tooting the A&M horn so much?
Sure I am, but that doesn't mean I'll pass up a chance to state the obvious. Beside for all intents and purposes, A&M is still a Big 12 team.
Bubwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:06 PM   #2207
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL
 
ScottDill's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Ontario
Oddometer: 4,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubwheat View Post
Sure I am, but that doesn't mean I'll pass up a chance to state the obvious. Beside for all intents and purposes, A&M is still a Big 12 team.
Care to explain those "intents and purposes" ?


Cheering for fellow Texas teams is a lot like cheering for fellow conference mates I suppose. I don't see a problem with it..........................but Jurgen will
ScottDill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:14 PM   #2208
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL
 
ScottDill's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Ontario
Oddometer: 4,096
This is funny, I was going to put it in the Notre Dame doesn't belong thread..but this is home.

No offense to our pick 'em overlord

ScottDill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:16 AM   #2209
Jurgen
Trolljegeren
 
Jurgen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Sandoval, Nuevo Mexico
Oddometer: 39,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmile View Post
My friend sent me that picture today. They have not played one game in the SEC and they are already talking shit.

(RE:TAMU--Jurgen)

Mizzou is already talking shit too, saying how they are going to win the East and how if they play their game no one can hang with them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeSon View Post
I'm starting to get nervous about the UF-TAMU game. It just occurred to me that emotions are going to be riding high in college station. First game of the season for them, first game in the SEC, first game under a new coach. The crowd is going to be lit up. I think the Aggies have had this game circled since the schedule came out, and have been watching tape of Muschamps Texas D and Pease's Boise Offense for months now. If Aggie fans are anything like the other fans in the SEC, right now they feel like they're going to explode with exuberance and joy because it's the beginning of the next era in College Station. Ever since watching a lame duck Ron Zook being carried off Bobby Bowden Field after beating FSU I've learned that talent and preparation can sometimes be no match for pure emotion and adrenaline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDill View Post
Care to explain those "intents and purposes" ?


Cheering for fellow Texas teams is a lot like cheering for fellow conference mates I suppose. I don't see a problem with it..........................but Jurgen will

PS Texas is a bunch of douchebags.
__________________
They're nihilists, Donny, nothing to be afraid of.


Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:28 AM   #2210
k7
Ancien cyclist
 
k7's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2002
Location: SOP - south of Phoenix, hotter n hell
Oddometer: 18,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDill View Post
This is funny, I was going to put it in the Notre Dame doesn't belong thread..but this is home.

No offense to our pick 'em overlord
No offense taken - Auburn's defense was horrible but.... as always, better days are ahead.
__________________
Cheers,
Gerry
PHX AZ
k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:06 AM   #2211
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Oddometer: 1,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDill View Post
Care to explain those "intents and purposes" ?


Cheering for fellow Texas teams is a lot like cheering for fellow conference mates I suppose. I don't see a problem with it..........................but Jurgen will
Players 95% Texans, run Big 12 offense, have Big 12 quarterback, you know, little things like that.
Bubwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:11 AM   #2212
Bubwheat
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Oddometer: 1,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
In true Texas fan fashion, you jump on whichever bandwagon is shinier. Right now, the LameWhorns are the suck.
Truth be told, I really can't stand A&M. Any school that had Rick Perry as a cheerleader, I'd feel the same about. Also, I got a worthless ass brother-in-law who is an Aggie, and I can't stand that bum. My bi-polar sister married him and had 2 kids and they both went to A&M, and I can't stand them either.

The only reason I toot A&M's horn here is to point out to you SEC sycophants that the SEC is not all that, which A&M proved in it's first year in the league.
Bubwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:12 AM   #2213
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL
 
ScottDill's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Ontario
Oddometer: 4,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubwheat View Post
The only reason I toot A&M's horn here is to point out to you SEC sycophants that the SEC is not all that, which A&M proved in it's first year in the league.
....as did Missouri.
ScottDill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:02 AM   #2214
Jurgen
Trolljegeren
 
Jurgen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Sandoval, Nuevo Mexico
Oddometer: 39,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDill View Post
....as did Missouri.
Missouri finished ahead of Auburn, Tennessee, Kentucky and Arkansas.

I believe those Universities are all in the SEC.

Or is SEC only LSU, Alabama, Georgia and Florida?
__________________
They're nihilists, Donny, nothing to be afraid of.


Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:10 AM   #2215
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL
 
ScottDill's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Ontario
Oddometer: 4,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
Missouri finished ahead of Auburn, Tennessee, Kentucky and Arkansas.

I believe those Universities are all in the SEC.

Or is SEC only LSU, Alabama, Georgia and Florida?
You're right. aTm finished 5th and Missouri finished 10th in the SEC this year. Not a bad start for new members from the second strongest conference in America.
ScottDill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #2216
docwells7
Beastly Adventurer
 
docwells7's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: GO GATORS!!!
Oddometer: 6,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDill View Post
Care to explain those "intents and purposes" ?


Cheering for fellow Texas teams is a lot like cheering for fellow conference mates I suppose. I don't see a problem with it..........................but Jurgen will
Are you kidding? Would you pull for FSU or UM under any circumstances?
__________________
Quote:
'1984 was a warning, not an instruction manual.' - Unknown
IBA#25276
Airhead#9654
docwells7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #2217
k7
Ancien cyclist
 
k7's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2002
Location: SOP - south of Phoenix, hotter n hell
Oddometer: 18,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDill View Post
You're right. aTm finished 5th and Missouri finished 10th in the SEC this year. Not a bad start for new members from the second strongest conference in America.
They did much better than I expected.

I suspect unless you're an A&M fanboy, you were no more aware of Johnny Footballs pending entry onto the national stage than outsiders were aware of Cam Newton prior to his first few games at Auburn.
__________________
Cheers,
Gerry
PHX AZ
k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #2218
k7
Ancien cyclist
 
k7's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2002
Location: SOP - south of Phoenix, hotter n hell
Oddometer: 18,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by docwells7 View Post
Are you kidding? Would you pull for FSU or UM under any circumstances?
As much as I hate to admit it, I've pulled for Alabama in the past. Again, it's their fans that are insufferable. (See "Ken")

By the way,





Cue up some Lynyrd Skynyrd.

__________________
Cheers,
Gerry
PHX AZ
k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #2219
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL
 
ScottDill's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Ontario
Oddometer: 4,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by docwells7 View Post
Are you kidding? Would you pull for FSU or UM under any circumstances?
Nope. I have personal disgust for both.

Other people root for Florida team sin general though.

I just said, I get it. His tribalism is state focused. He misses the SWC.
ScottDill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #2220
docwells7
Beastly Adventurer
 
docwells7's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: GO GATORS!!!
Oddometer: 6,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by k7 View Post
They did much better than I expected.

I suspect unless you're an A&M fanboy, you were no more aware of Johnny Footballs pending entry onto the national stage than outsiders were aware of Cam Newton prior to his first few games at Auburn.
True about Cam. I watched him spell Tebow a number of times as an underclassman, and I really thought he had no feel for the game. His passes were atrocious and he locked on to his primary target 100% of the time. The coach of the year for 2010 should have been his JUCO coach that taught him how to actually play QB...
__________________
Quote:
'1984 was a warning, not an instruction manual.' - Unknown
IBA#25276
Airhead#9654
docwells7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014