Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #2146
thebigman
bout a dollar 3.98

Oddometer: 3,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmbeedee View Post
I got the two Hero 2/WiFi/Remote kits I ordered on the Boxing Day sales today. Sold one kit immediately, and now I need to figure out how to control multiple cameras from the remote or iPhone...
How much did they sell for ?

08 xr650l ,99 xr650l, 10 HDXR1200X ,84atc200s 85atc200s, 80ct110 ,99xr70, 04xr650l ,

Dumb ass people do dumb ass things
thebigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #2147
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Oddometer: 9,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealbigman View Post
How much did they sell for ?
$219 + tax, free shipping. I posted the deal here at the time. I sold my second kit for exactly what I paid, $248. I already had a Hero 2 and WiFi kit I bought in the Fall.
Emmbeedee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:08 PM   #2148
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,429
Anyone know how trustworthy the bar mount is? If I tighten it enough so it won't move on the handlebars, it looks like it might break. I was considering a ram mount. I may still go that route.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:55 AM   #2149
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Quote:
Originally Posted by burmbuster View Post
Anyone know how trustworthy the bar mount is? If I tighten it enough so it won't move on the handlebars, it looks like it might break. I was considering a ram mount. I may still go that route.
A RAM base with the GoPro tripod mount is much better. Makes it much easier to line up the camera and the RAM balls seem to dampen the vibrations a little as well. My wife uses the bar clamp, but it does look flimsy and breakable, as you say.

There is a larger "Roll Bar Clamp" available but it's getting a little bulky for handlebar use.

I use RAM balls on the handlebars, and this when I want to place the camera in other locations:

Old 01-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #2150
g容g
Canadian living in exile

Oddometer: 6,300

Try to see the world beyond your front door.
g容g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:49 PM   #2151
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by g容g View Post

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:22 PM   #2152
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,429
[QUOTE=Emmbeedee;20384147]A RAM base with the GoPro tripod mount is much better. Makes it much easier to line up the camera and the RAM balls seem to dampen the vibrations a little as well. My wife uses the bar clamp, but it does look flimsy and breakable, as you say.

There is a larger "Roll Bar Clamp" available but it's getting a little bulky for handlebar use.

I use RAM balls on the handlebars, and this when I want to place the camera in other locations:

Thanks, Emm. I just placed the order for the tripod mount and a ram ball. Already had a ram mount for the bars and a 3" arm.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #2153
Lil' Steve
PussyWagon Chauffer

Oddometer: 3,904
Got a GoPro Hero 2 for the holidays, been playing with it as a dash cam. I ordered a skeleton housing in order to power the camera instead of using the battery, and just received a free shipping code from GoPro.

Passing it along, hopefully someone can use it.

Simply apply the code in the shopping cart when checking out to receive your discount. This offer is good for 14 days from the date of this email.
Take advantage of FREE 2 Day Shipping* on your next order over $39.99 from GoPro.com.
Note: Coupon good for one time use only. Offer good for 14 days, for shipments to addresses within the United States only. Cannot be combined with any other offers. Valid only at http://www.gopro.com.

FREE SHIPPING CODE: 2DAY743

Lil' Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:24 PM   #2154
duffs
It's been useful

Oddometer: 1,200
Hero3 Black Edition

Bought myself a Hero3 Black Edition as a belated Christmas gift to myself... if anyone is curious about the nighttime performance, it's pretty impressive - I recorded part of my commute in the morning and evening... but judge it for yourself:

Videos are raw footage without any colour correction/filters and composited in Final Cut Pro...
4:38—idiot driver in Audi comes within a whisker of knocking mirrors with an oncoming car...

A second video using the GoPro Chesty mount - I like the POV (compared to nausea-inducing head swivels in city traffic when using the helmet mount) but it's annoying that the GPS mount blocks the instruments... again, no colour correction, but I hit almost every red light along the way so I've edited out the waits.

Blog: Gel鄚de Stra絽tastic! Facebook Tumblr
Ride reports, photos, tips, experiences, general twaddle

duffs screwed with this post 01-08-2013 at 05:38 PM
duffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:36 PM   #2155
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

I see the Remote Accessories Kit is now available, including the handlebar mount for the remote control:

Unfortunately it does look like you don't have the ability to charge the remote while it's in the holder.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:31 AM   #2156
Jon_PDX
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffs View Post
Bought myself a Hero3 Black Edition as a belated Christmas gift to myself... if anyone is curious about the nighttime performance, it's pretty impressive - I recorded part of my commute in the morning and evening... but judge it for yourself:..........
WOW......the night video looks just as I imagine it would look in real life. Is that how it looked to you in person or is the video lighter or darker than real life?

Either way I think it looks great!

Jon...
Old 01-09-2013, 08:03 AM   #2157
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,348
Quote:
Bought myself a Hero3 Black Edition as a belated Christmas gift to myself... if anyone is curious about the nighttime performance, it's pretty impressive - I recorded part of my commute in the morning and evening... but judge it for yourself:

Videos are raw footage without any colour correction/filters and composited in Final Cut Pro...
4:38idiot driver in Audi comes within a whisker of knocking mirrors with an oncoming car...

A second video using the GoPro Chesty mount - I like the POV (compared to nausea-inducing head swivels in city traffic when using the helmet mount) but it's annoying that the GPS mount blocks the instruments... again, no colour correction, but I hit almost every red light along the way so I've edited out the waits.

What resolution settings were you using?
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #2158
duffs
It's been useful

Oddometer: 1,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_PDX View Post
WOW......the night video looks just as I imagine it would look in real life. Is that how it looked to you in person or is the video lighter or darker than real life?

Either way I think it looks great!

Jon...
I would say the camera has brightened everything up about 10% - the corridor from the top of the car park to the main road is really dark in person, as is the bridge and the side road just after the bridge... at 100% there is some grain/iso noise but it is remarkably restrained for what is an inexpensive camera in the grand scheme of things...

One thing that is impressive with the black edition's internal filtering/processing is that it retains the colour of bright objects such as car tail lamps and traffic lights... most cameras seem to blow them out to white with a coloured halo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
What resolution settings were you using?
The daylight video was 1440p48 and nighttime 1080p25 - not optimal for compositing which is why the daylight video judders a bit... but it was just a play-around to see what it could do. With a little forethought I would have done them at the same rate or multiples of each other...

Blog: Gel鄚de Stra絽tastic! Facebook Tumblr
Ride reports, photos, tips, experiences, general twaddle
duffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #2159
going south
hero & Zero...

Oddometer: 1,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSSIEADV View Post
The 3M tape used can be released by applying heat by a hair dryer etc.
And then get a piece of dental floss under the hard plastic and saw back and forth on the 3m tape...
works great...

Never Lost! Just Don't know where I am!

"Don't worry about your money, let your money worry about you" Jorge Gonz嫮ez
going south is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:08 AM   #2160
Jon_PDX
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,114
Quote:
I would say the camera has brightened everything up about 10% - the corridor from the top of the car park to the main road is really dark in person, as is the bridge and the side road just after the bridge... at 100% there is some grain/iso noise but it is remarkably restrained for what is an inexpensive camera in the grand scheme of things...

One thing that is impressive with the black edition's internal filtering/processing is that it retains the colour of bright objects such as car tail lamps and traffic lights... most cameras seem to blow them out to white with a coloured halo...
Good info to know......thanks for the followup.

Jon...