ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 09:28 AM   #1081
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Prescott AZ
Oddometer: 3,774
I was not smart enough to see what to click on for the ride waiting list so I put my name on the Sat. Long Ride. My only real concern here is that we will be able to stop & pee The distance sounds like fun.
AZ TOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:54 AM   #1082
headstaller
Gnarly Adventurer
 
headstaller's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Norco, CA
Oddometer: 342
Same route Saturday

Mr. G, you mind giving the same route another go around on Sat. ??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. G View Post
Ratchdaddy, I am the ride leader on the Thursday ride. I removed 2 of your 3 entries so you are good to go now
headstaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:02 AM   #1083
GalacticGS
1200 GS Rider
 
GalacticGS's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Camas, WA
Oddometer: 2,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ TOM View Post
I was not smart enough to see what to click on for the ride waiting list so I put my name on the Sat. Long Ride. My only real concern here is that we will be able to stop & pee The distance sounds like fun.
Tom - The Long Ride will be fast paced, with minimal stops (but you got to do what you got to do - including peeing). The whole loop will be around 320 miles though, so got to keep a pace and keep moving to try and get back before dark (and dinner). Confirmed stops will be the Hot Springs for gas, and then Furnace Creek for gas and snacks. We'll try to minimize additional stops but there's bound to be a few...
__________________
Larry
2006 R1200GS; 2009 Husaberg Rally 570; 2011 Husaberg FE570
www.galacticgs.com
"Speak to me of summer, long winters longer than time can remember;
Setting up of other roads, travel on in old accustomed ways."
GalacticGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #1084
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Prescott AZ
Oddometer: 3,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalacticGS View Post
Tom - The Long Ride will be fast paced, with minimal stops (but you got to do what you got to do - including peeing). The whole loop will be around 320 miles though, so got to keep a pace and keep moving to try and get back before dark (and dinner). Confirmed stops will be the Hot Springs for gas, and then Furnace Creek for gas and snacks. We'll try to minimize additional stops but there's bound to be a few...
Sounds good Larry. Been doing some Prescott to GC & back rides last fall solo, pushing 400. Definately want to be back for dinner
AZ TOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:02 AM   #1085
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 16,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by slidewayes View Post
can you give some sort of confirmation of payment received maybe * buy name or change of color to?
i agree dan...sorry for the slowness. i could hardly keep up with this thread, and limited internet access. will surely do soon.

folks who still have to pay, please indicate your # on the list, easier for us to track your name down. also include the codes.

thanks.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:17 PM   #1086
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 16,239


Baja Designs Inc....is donating SIX coupons @ 20% off all their products.


and just a reminder, all adv member get 10% discount; same deal you'll find on the bd vendor thread




good stuff....i have the baja kit on my exc525 and xr400...

they have new products for adventure bikes, check out their website, especially if you plan to miss dinner.

me, i like this upgrade; been seeing a lot of this.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #1087
Mr. G
Normal Dude
 
Mr. G's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Ventura Co, So Cal
Oddometer: 1,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by headstaller View Post
Mr. G, you mind giving the same route another go around on Sat. ??
I'm planning to go out to the Racetrack at zero dark 30 Sat. morning to do some photography (weather permitting). Not as an organized ride but just myself and maybe my bud Ron. It's going to be dark and cold when I head out there.

If you want to lead a Ballarat, Wildrose, Aguerbery Pt. ride on Sat., I will mark it out on a map for you. It is a very easy route to find and follow. Well marked with signs, etc.
__________________
LATER...........Gregg

Then, while at WFO on my way up a dune, I understood. It was like the heavens opened up and I heard the voices of Angels.
Shortly afterward, I heard the voice of God. He said, and I quote, "Dumbass."
Mr. G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:51 PM   #1088
fishwhisperer
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Oddometer: 24
Sorry rally waitlist vultures...

....you can't have spot #136, cuz it's paid up, woohoo, bring on the DV-ADV !!!
fishwhisperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #1089
FYYFF
Forever young...
 
FYYFF's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: SoCal
Oddometer: 1,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishwhisperer View Post
....you can't have spot #136, cuz it's paid up, woohoo, bring on the DV-ADV !!!
That's the spirit...
__________________
- 2010 KTM 990 Adv. -

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:14 PM   #1090
1224R
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Oddometer: 1,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalacticGS View Post
Tom - The Long Ride will be fast paced, with minimal stops (but you got to do what you got to do - including peeing). The whole loop will be around 320 miles though, so got to keep a pace and keep moving to try and get back before dark (and dinner). Confirmed stops will be the Hot Springs for gas, and then Furnace Creek for gas and snacks. We'll try to minimize additional stops but there's bound to be a few...
Larry this sounds like a fun day... Who needs breaks???!?!!!
__________________
I thought YOU had the map......
1224R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:14 PM   #1091
Hotmamaandme
Wishing I was riding RTW
 
Hotmamaandme's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Gardnerville NV
Oddometer: 2,697
Payment Sent

So excited. Just sent payment for us. Please update our information on the front page.

70. Trailering - Cory (hotmamaandme) R + BT3 + D0 - DR350
71. Carpooling - Marcia (hotmama) w/hotmamaandme + R + CP3 + D0 - DR350 or URAL GearUP (not sure which one yet)

I forgot to mention which site we would prefer, if possible. Could we reserve site 58 (first choice) or 59 (second choice)?

Joel, I'm also available to help out. Just let me know what you need.

Marcia
__________________
My screen name is kind of long. I am the "ME" part, my name is Cory.

Jimmy Lewis quote: "Those KLRs are full of potential. Just takes a rider..."
Hotmamaandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:57 PM   #1092
FYYFF
Forever young...
 
FYYFF's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: SoCal
Oddometer: 1,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotmamaandme View Post
So excited. Just sent payment for us. Please update our information on the front page.

70. Trailering - Cory (hotmamaandme) R + BT3 + D0 - DR350
71. Carpooling - Marcia (hotmama) w/hotmamaandme + R + CP3 + D0 - DR350 or URAL GearUP (not sure which one yet)

I forgot to mention which site we would prefer, if possible. Could we reserve site 58 (first choice) or 59 (second choice)?

Joel, I'm also available to help out. Just let me know what you need.

Marcia
#58 it is.
__________________
- 2010 KTM 990 Adv. -

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:24 AM   #1093
slugdad
Gnarly Adventurer
 
slugdad's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: better you don't know
Oddometer: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by FYYFF View Post
#58 it is.


ersine, we need to reserve spots as well?
thought it was first come
maybe it's just my advanced years
i'm so confused
slugdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:17 AM   #1094
sopascat
aka "DevilCat"
 
sopascat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: So Cal
Oddometer: 3,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by slugdad View Post
ersine, we need to reserve spots as well?
thought it was first come
maybe it's just my advanced years
i'm so confused

From what I understand, spots will be assigned, if you have a particular request you can make it.

Do I have that right?
__________________
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by ignorance.
sopascat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:01 AM   #1095
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown
 
YetiGS's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: San Diego
Oddometer: 7,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopascat View Post
From what I understand, spots will be assigned, if you have a particular request you can make it.

Do I have that right?
Didn't realize that. In that case, I have a request. NOWHERE near SQ Beemer.



















I get envious when I see my old bike.
__________________
-Scott-
Semper Fi
'04 BMW R1150GSA, '04 KTM 625 SXC
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014