Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #5446
CaveDave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtoe View Post
Hi I have been lurking for a while so best I make myself known.

I have Blue 09 and love the bike. Seat sucks ( found out the hard way ) on long trips. Did 3500 kilometres in just over a week last summer and have almost recovered now.

Been looking into the seat concepts but not sure what to order ( foam etc. ),

I am 5' 11" and about 200 pounds.

What do you in my height and weight range recommend. Thanks in advance for any constructive advice.
I'm 5'10" and 200lbs and I'm figuring on going with the standard foam, unless someone chimes in with more info. Their website says their standard foam is good for riders up to 240lbs.

Has anyone tried a softer or firmer foam?
CaveDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:20 PM   #5447
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer: 2,693
I an 6'1" 205 lbs with a 34" inseam.

I have about 100 miles on the seat so far. Way more comfortable than the stock seat.

It raises you up a bit and puts you a little farther back but I don't I don't feel the need for any risers.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661436
cbolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:54 AM   #5448
smolt
Pike-dodging emigree

Oddometer: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by sieg View Post
Planning to put crash bars and a skid plate on my Versys, although in 32000 miles I aint needed either yet. So Im wondering what brand people are using. Anyone have a particular one that they like or dislike?
I recently bought crash bars and "skid plate" for my Versys. After some looking and reading I got the SW Motech parts. I didn't find an alternative to the Motech skid plate.
smolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #5449
Offcamber
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,578
I posted this in the Versys Forum but figured I try here in case someone is interested.

I'm trading my V in on a Super Tenere this Saturday. I have a Motowerk lowering kit on it with a flatfoot.

I will sell the lowering kit for $50 and trade you my shortened side stand with flat foot. Or just trade side stands....

The catch is I need the stock side stand by Friday. I'll ship my stand back to you the same way you ship yours to me....FedEx etc....If your interested PM me ASAP..
Old 01-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #5450
Neckrom
What was that!

Oddometer: 115
I love my Baldwin seat. It was worth every penny. Loren was great to work with. They made sure I got what I needed not what I wanted. This is important because I don't know much about seats just about how I plan on using it. This seat really finished off my custom V. Anyone that is looking for a new seat for the V should give Baldwin a real thought.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #5451
Bigolechalupa
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckrom View Post
I love my Baldwin seat. It was worth every penny. Loren was great to work with. They made sure I got what I needed not what I wanted. This is important because I don't know much about seats just about how I plan on using it. This seat really finished off my custom V. Anyone that is looking for a new seat for the V should give Baldwin a real thought.
Hey Neckrom.....could you post up a picture when you get a chance??
Bigolechalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:33 PM   #5452
jmlmjmjm
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigolechalupa View Post
Not neckrom but I also have a Baldwin and really, really like it. Mine is +1 in height which gives me a bit more legroom.

jmlmjmjm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:01 PM   #5453
Neckrom
What was that!

Quote:
Here are a few shots. Unfortunatly I was in a low light situation so this is the best I could get. The seat is a standard hight Baldwin with the gel insert. I took the stock seat on the TET a few months back and as soon as I got back I put in the order for the Baldwin. I have put in a few rides in on the new seat and I have put in a 8 hour ride. The diffrence is night and day. The stock seat was prety bad on the TET and I was getting to where I could ride less and less each day of the trail. This seat makes a huge diffrence. No nut cruching and it keeps my Azz from catching fire. You know where you can actualy feel the bones in your Azz!

Full Side view

Top view

Side view close up

Side view close up facing back

Neckrom screwed with this post 01-08-2013 at 08:29 PM
Neckrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:02 PM   #5454
Bigolechalupa
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
seat

Thanks for the pics guys! That is a fine looking seat I like the looks better than the seat concepts.......
Bigolechalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #5455
Neckrom
What was that!

Quote:
Thanks for the pics guys! That is a fine looking seat I like the looks better than the seat concepts.......
Ya and both of ours are just the black on black. He can do color stitching and different materials but the black on black worked best for me as i do some off roading and i didn't want to deal with mud colored stitching. Man the colored stitching looks nice though.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-10-2013, 07:36 AM   #5456
sieg
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by smolt View Post
I recently bought crash bars and "skid plate" for my Versys. After some looking and reading I got the SW Motech parts. I didn't find an alternative to the Motech skid plate.

Thanks. I like the SW Motech too, they look very "robust". My wife has them on her BMW so I know they are high quality. I wish they would go higher up by the radiator like the Hepco & Beckers. http://www.motomachines.com/Engine-G...-09_p_980.html But I dont think the HBs are as robust. Do you think the SWMs will save the Radiator? Anyone with the HBs want to chime in?
Old 01-10-2013, 08:47 AM   #5457
jdrocks
Gravel Runner

Oddometer: 3,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by sieg View Post
Do you think the SWMs will save the Radiator? Anyone with the HBs want to chime in?
Motechs do save the radiator, engine covers too in most instances. my motos have been down 15-18 times with Motechs, something like that, and always rode away.

the HB bars have an unfortunate tendency to fold into the radiator on impact, and there are photos around the forums that show this post flop.

the crossbrace mount hits the radiator first, part of the same assembly that it supposed to strengthen these bars when mounted. the connecting flat also blocks airflow to the radiator that is already known to collect debris or mud. the Motechs don't require a crossbar, and i don't recommend one be added.

never have owned the HB bars myself.

jdrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:35 PM   #5458
Kevinj110
पवित्र गाय

Oddometer: 550
Anyone ever notice a strange almost low whistle while riding their Versys in the rain? I was coming home tonight and noticed it. Oh well.
Kevinj110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:26 AM   #5459
svenski
Eternally Grateful

Oddometer: 43
2009 "Stinkbug" Green Versys

I'm thinking about making a run at a 2009 Versys with 5800 miles. The guy wants $4400 . Needs tires, has GIVI luggage, looks clean and stock in the pictures. Any thoughts? Cheers
Old 01-14-2013, 04:42 PM   #5460
Murphy Slaw
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,313
He said "stinkbug".....

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkomGsMJXH9qn-xLKCv4WOg
Murphy Slaw is offline   Reply With Quote