Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-20-2010, 11:49 AM   #16
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLghtning View Post
My Dad actually started using a similar setup with his Zumo 550. He has a different BT transmitter (Can't remember the name), but he basically keeps it plugged into his Zumo 550 audio out port. He has the Scala Rider G4 which does do A2DP so he is able to broadcast the audio right to his head set speakers using that BT transmitter. He actually has the G4 synced with both the Zumo 550 for phone audio and the BT transmitter for XM audio at the same time, but if he gets a call, the audio from the BT transmitter is dropped and G4 has to be restarted to re-sync it back up again. I don't think the G4 actually is suppose to support 2 BT connections at one time but since the GPS uses one button to sync and the BT receiver another, you can get both, but it doesn't work very reliably.
I think this is the BT transmitter my Dad got. Seems to work fine? - http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Bluet...ref=pd_sim_e_5
Smugmug Pics - Save $5: Y2l43o9LVBERU
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:38 PM   #17
xlcr
Stop being a dick, dick.

Oddometer: 4,895
Quote:
As I posted, you should be able to get BT from the 550 using a transmitter, you just might have got 2 devices that won't pair. There are a few different BT transmitters out there to try. That Scosche one I have is working pretty well.

I don't think you'll get as good as sound quality over the FM plus always having to worry about stronger stations breaking in. And if the SRC's FM radio sucks as bad as the Q2 does, you'll have a hard time even getting it pick up the FM frequency from one of those FM Transmitter's. If your SCR has an audio input like my Q2, you might be better using the setup I'm using with 2 different BT devices and then a cable running between the BT3030 and your SRC unit.
If the Schuberth had a 3.5mm audio in jack at the helmet that would be tempting. Having to use the proprietary cable, not so much.

My S705 SoundPilot does a shitty job of picking up most stations but an excellent job of picking up a Garmin 7200. (Though the Garmin does have a long antenna in the power cable.) Sound quality doesn't seem much different between FM or BT. Could always get a transmitter for your car cradle - if your car lacks aux-in - and try it with the helmet.

One advantage of the FM solution is that you don't need a splitter and/or 2nd transmitter for your passenger to listen in.
xlcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:02 PM   #18
skreminegul
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
I have a Schuberth C3 helmet and I recently purchased a SRC from a fellow inmate. I have successfuly paired the SRC to my Zumo 550. I'm curious, has anyone successfully paired a Bluetooth transmitter that is attached to the Zumo 550 to the SRC so they could get GPS prompts and listen to XM in stereo?
If so, which BT transmitter is compatible with the SRC?
Also, does anyone know why I can get GPS prompts and listen to music from a memory card with my current setup but cannot listen to XM?

Thanks!

10 1200GSA 30th Anniversary
08 Honda Goldwing
08 Ducati 848 - Sold
07 FLHTCUSE2

skreminegul screwed with this post 03-05-2011 at 05:24 PM
skreminegul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:16 PM   #19
chromedome OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 137
Derek, not to be a smartass, but you're asking exactly the same thing I was asking when I started the thread. Have you read it through?

So far, I have not found a BT dongle/adapter that will pair with the Schuberth SRC...
chromedome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:26 PM   #20
skreminegul
Adventurer

No worries... I did read the thread. Your question wasnt answered to my satisfaction and since it was 3 months since your original post and over 2 months since the last post, I thought I would ask to see if anyone has accomplished this yet... I really want to listen to XM through the SRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromedome View Post
Derek, not to be a smartass, but you're asking exactly the same thing I was asking when I started the thread. Have you read it through?

So far, I have not found a BT dongle/adapter that will pair with the Schuberth SRC...

08 Honda Goldwing
08 Ducati 848 - Sold
07 FLHTCUSE2
Old 06-05-2011, 10:17 PM   #21
katego
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by skreminegul View Post
Also, does anyone know why I can get GPS prompts and listen to music from a memory card with my current setup but cannot listen to XM?

Thanks!
from the Garmin support site & Zumo FAQ:

Quote:
When a device is paired to a headset via Bluetooth, you will be able to hear navigation prompts, MP3s, and phone calls.1 At this time, only the zumo 665 can broadcast XM through a Bluetooth headset. For all other XM-capable devices, XM can not be broadcast through a Bluetooth headset.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:56 AM   #22
skreminegul
Adventurer

I picked up the Sony TMR-BT10A bluetooth adapter and it pairs fine with the Schuberth SRC helmet. I can now listen to XM, in stereo, from my Zumo 550... finally.

08 Honda Goldwing
08 Ducati 848 - Sold
07 FLHTCUSE2
Old 06-16-2011, 05:23 PM   #23
lhendrik
Truffle Rustler

Oddometer: 2,195
Glad you figured it out. As I said in post #6 in this thread, I was able to do the same with a BT dongle of another make. It is great to actually hear in stereo as I found that it really increases the volume and makes listening to music viable while riding.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:16 PM   #24
bmw2002k12s
n00b

Oddometer: 3
To answer the question of which bluetooth dongles work with the SRC, I'm using a Rocketfish
Model: RF-MBT30 that I got from Best Buy.

It works fine when hooked up to my iPod. It even allows me to go to the next song or back by hitting the volume buttons on the SRC. I spoke with Michael Talarico at Schuberth USA and he said that the Rocketfish was one of the better ones.

I was (still am) having a problem after an intercom session, the dongle (iPod) goes into pairing mode and I have to restart the iPod to hear the music again. Mike mentioned that I should be able to just tap the mobile button, but that doesn't work for me (and this dongle).

I also read on a posting that by holding down the volume up button, you will start to hear the iPod again. This works but the A & B buttons don't stop flashing, which would probably lower battery life.

I was concerned that my wifes helmet (passenger) couldn't pair to the dongle correctly, ends up only 1 helmet can pair to it at at time, but Mike said maybe possible firmware updates will fix this.

If anybody has another solution (hack) for getting the dongle to pair after an intercom session-I'd appreciate hearing it.
bmw2002k12s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:55 PM   #25
kimokk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
Any updates to this? I only found out the other day after setting up my XM service on my zumo 550 and trying to listen through my scala rider g9 via BT that this is not possible!

Which is the better option, BT dongle or FM transmitter?
IBA #49426
kimokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:11 PM   #26
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimokk View Post
Any updates to this? I only found out the other day after setting up my XM service on my zumo 550 and trying to listen through my scala rider g9 via BT that this is not possible!

Which is the better option, BT dongle or FM transmitter?
I would say BT only because then you don't gave to worry about stronger FM stations breaking through. The no name Ebay ones actually work pretty decent.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5: Y2l43o9LVBERU
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #27
kimokk
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I would say BT only because then you don't gave to worry about stronger FM stations breaking through. The no name Ebay ones actually work pretty decent.
Thanks. I went ahead and got a SENA SMH10 BT transmitter from Revzilla. I just tried it out with my zumo 550 and scala rider g9. It works like a champ! I'll try to sync my other scala rider tomorrow to make sure both are operational.

Update: I was able to sync via blue tooth both rider and passenger scala rider g9 sets to my zumo 550 and XM radio!
IBA #49426

kimokk screwed with this post 01-25-2013 at 10:59 AM
Old 06-14-2013, 10:16 PM   #28
Just_Jake
You lookin' at me...?

Oddometer: 389
I'm having same issue (new XM receiver, surprised wont pair to Scala G4).

I'm confused by bellow, isn't the Sena SMH10 just another Bluetooth headset, not a transmitter?

Quote:
Thanks. I went ahead and got a SENA SMH10 BT transmitter from Revzilla. I just tried it out with my zumo 550 and scala rider g9. It works like a champ! I'll try to sync my other scala rider tomorrow to make sure both are operational.

Update: I was able to sync via blue tooth both rider and passenger scala rider g9 sets to my zumo 550 and XM radio!

I'm searching for the right BT transmitter to blog into cradle to broadcast XM to Scala G4.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:03 AM   #29
kimokk
Gnarly Adventurer

No, the Sena SMH-10 is a transmitter. I've been using it now for the last 6 months. Works great.
IBA #49426
Old 06-15-2013, 09:33 PM   #30
Just_Jake
You lookin' at me...?

Oddometer: 389
Guessing "SM10". Not smH-10

http://www.amazon.com/Sena-SM10-01-S...10+transmitter

Quote:
No, the Sena SMH-10 is a transmitter. I've been using it now for the last 6 months. Works great.