Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2013, 04:50 AM   #1
captnshaw OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Question Mice ate my K1200LT

Came home from a month long trip and went into my garage to take the bike out for a ride and noticed that there were big holes in the seats, the radio buttons, grips were chewed up pretty good and the rear speaker surrounds looked like half eaten blocks of Swiss cheese. There were bits of plastic and wire insulation everywhere.

I turned the key and no joy at all. So I opened the seat and most every wire was bare. I had it towed to the dealer in Pensacola and he says that the wiring harness is completely destroyed everywhere even under the tank.

His rough guess is that it will cost between $2,000-$3,000 to repair the damage which seems reasonable to repair a mint low mileage LT that has been absolutely a trouble free comfortable ride. I am somewhat attached to this bike love the look, fit and feel.

Has anyone ever had this happen before? Does anyone know if might be covered under comprehensive as theft, vandalism and malicious mischief? If not I know it will be covered by rising water, fire or the stranding, sinking, burning, derailment, upset or collision of a conveyance transporting your vehicle on land or water.

I am insured with Markel but have not contacted them as yet.

Any thoughts?
captnshaw is offline   Reply With Quote