Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #241
scruffy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 221
I'm in and I'll buy the first round!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptRick View Post
I'm good for a 5 buck door as for the drinking, just ask around.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
scruffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:55 AM   #242
enduro-ince
dirtslave

Oddometer: 4,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailor8 View Post
Ref to the band(s)

Maybe it would be better to just encourage some of the normal venues in Silverton that if they were scheduling bands anyway, that the Weekend we are there would be a good one. But dont tell em, Hey we promise you 100 thristy RMAR riders. This way they advertise it like normal to draw their normal crowd and we, if you choose to go just boost the attendance... er revenue.

Something like " Hey did you guys know that there will be a bunch of music loving motorcycle riders here the last weekend in July?" Plant the seed but let nature do the work.

My 2 cent worth.

Jailor8

Well, thats basically how I'm approaching it. The deal is we are a fairly large band and there are very few venues that can fit us and a decent crowd. The GE is one we've played before for a private event and its big enough and has decent acoustics. They don't usually have bands at all. And by playing for the door the venue takes zero risk. I on the other hand, assume all the risk for this kinda deal. I'm pretty confident that with non RMAR tourists and a little help from the RMAR group we can do it, have a great time, and I won't lose my ass. I'm gonna book it, probably for Saturday night.

Theres is the option to make it free for RMAR participants but that would require some $ from RMAR which Big John has already said he's not into, which I understand. Hope to see some dirty bikers out there!! Keep in mind that showing up would be giving back to the trails cuz I do alot of trail clearing in the spring!!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:12 AM   #243
MountainsandRivers
loves dirty things!

Oddometer: 2,146
I am sure attendance will not be a problem. I would consider a start time around 9 ish, because that would give time for things to wrap up at the campground, yet not be too late for those riding early the next day. Friday night seemed to have things wind down earlier at the campground and more people headed into town, vs Saturday where things ran longer with the denoobing Eat it, Drink it deal and slideshow. Just my 2 cents, but Friday might be the better night.
And yes, he speaks the truth about his efforts in trail clearing! A lot of the singletrack in the region would not be nearly as rideable if it weren't for Enduro-ince and the guys at PAPA, so even more reason to support him this night!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:23 AM   #244
enduro-ince
dirtslave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainsandRivers View Post
I am sure attendance will not be a problem. I would consider a start time around 9 ish, because that would give time for things to wrap up at the campground, yet not be too late for those riding early the next day. Friday night seemed to have things wind down earlier at the campground and more people headed into town, vs Saturday where things ran longer with the denoobing Eat it, Drink it deal and slideshow. Just my 2 cents, but Friday might be the better night.
And yes, he speaks the truth about his efforts in trail clearing! A lot of the singletrack in the region would not be nearly as rideable if it weren't for Enduro-ince and the guys at PAPA, so even more reason to support him this night!
Good to know about the friday vs saturday thing. I'm in no hurry to book so lets get a consensus on what night RMAR folks would prefer. And just so its clear I'm not doing this to make money. We rarely get to play Silverton cuz most venues will only pay for a three piece or smaller band of usually mediocre quality. This is a good opportunity for us to play a quality show there, but I do have to pay my boys so they go home with more $ in their pocket than when they left. Course I could just do it myself for free if you guys wanna hear three hours of bass solos
Old 01-10-2013, 06:27 AM   #245
Gitana
A work in progress

Oddometer: 6,740
If you can play like this guy, bass solos wouldn't be bad at all.

2008 WR250R | 2008 DL650
Gitana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:36 AM   #246
enduro-ince
dirtslave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitana View Post
If you can play like this guy, bass solos wouldn't be bad at all.

Even as a bass player I can only take about a minute of that.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:47 AM   #247
enduro-ince
dirtslave

Have a listen! This stuff is a little dated, back when we only had one horn player. But it gives you an idea. We have added quite a bit of Ska in the last year or so.

http://www.myspace.com/funkdafari/mu...ilter=featured
Old 01-10-2013, 06:53 AM   #248
Big_John OP
Colorado Rider

Oddometer: 2,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainsandRivers View Post

I am really glad you brought this up..... RMAR will be supporting PAPA this year, along with half a dozen other Trail Clubs across the state of Colorado. We will still contribute to COHVCO and the TPA, but as our donation fund grows, the money will go to the local clubs that bust their asses on the trail work.

Here is a blurb......

PAPA is a regional recreation group that supports and champions access and responsible use of public lands, and encourages individual environmental stewardship. PAPA represents individuals, organizations and business members.
Our Mission
The Public Access Preservation Association (PAPA) promotes balanced, unbiased, responsible use of public lands in collaboration with recreational users of all interests (hiking, backpacking, mountain biking, horseback riding, back country skiing, hunting, trail motorcycling, para-sailing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, ATV riding), advocating respect, education and conservation of the environment.

Public Access Preservation Association P.O. Box 4220
Telluride, CO 81435
Phone: (970) 708-0644
Email: info@papatelluride.org
http://papatelluride.org/

Pointing the Way http://www.gracemotoadv.com
Big_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:35 PM   #249
enduro-ince
dirtslave

OK so it turns out Friday night is better for the Grand Emperial folks so we booked it for then. Done deal. Another bonus is folks could probably crawl from the GE to the campground if needed.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:31 PM   #250
Big_John OP
Colorado Rider

Oddometer: 2,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro-ince View Post
OK so it turns out Friday night is better for the Grand Emperial folks so we booked it for then. Done deal. Another bonus is folks could probably crawl from the GE to the campground if needed.

Friday night is the best night. We should be finished with food and some of the door prizes by no later than 7-8pm.

Count me in....I will wander over to wet my whistle and hear the awesome tunes!!!! Can't wait!!!!

By the way....is there a website or facebook page for the band?

Pointing the Way http://www.gracemotoadv.com
Big_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:52 PM   #251
enduro-ince
dirtslave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_John View Post
Friday night is the best night. We should be finished with food and some of the door prizes by no later than 7-8pm.

Count me in....I will wander over to wet my whistle and hear the awesome tunes!!!! Can't wait!!!!

By the way....is there a website or facebook page for the band?

The myspace page I linked above is all we really have now, theres about 15 tunes on there to check out.
But there is this old video, that could use some views and "likes" if your inclined.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PtQrN3OxXE

the vid is from when were just a 5 piece.

Should be a fun time, we'll bust out our Warpigs reggae version for the headbangers!
Old 01-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #252
CaptRick
On dry land 4 now.....

Oddometer: 4,370
Well I added Tues night night today just for the hell of it
Friday night live music! Yea!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Growing older every day but never growing up.
CaptRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:09 PM   #253
Davidjohnson
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
In

Reading thru this thread it sounds like this gathering is really shaping up. Love the area.

I made it to the RMAR two years ago at Saguache sp? Rode around with the AARP guys and had a great time.

BigJohn you are doing a great job (as usual). Count me in. Does the website have the registration/payment stuff on it
yet?

Count me in for the band gig too.

David
Old 01-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #254
Gitana
A work in progress

Oddometer: 6,740
So do we send song requests in advance?
2008 WR250R | 2008 DL650
Gitana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #255
Saltydog86
village idiot

Oddometer: 941
I met a few of you last year when I was staying in Silverton, the event looked like fun. I think this year I would like to partake in the fun and rides! I'll give Jim a call and see if he has any rv sites available and do the whole week.
05 Yamaha XT225
03 Honda Goldwing GL1800
Saltydog86 is offline   Reply With Quote