ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Ask Baldy, Blame AceRph
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Ignore Poll. Came in with merge.
yes 0 0%
no 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-25-2012, 10:41 PM   #91
DJSponge
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Tapatalk issues

When I browse the forum with my iPhone4s using Tapatalk, it hangs constantly...won't load threads.

Anyone else have this issue? The App works flawlessly with about 5 other forums I am subscribed to.

Can the Admins look into this?

Thanks
DJSponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:31 PM   #92
Redne Dab
Poseur Extraordinaire

Oddometer: 1,102
Use it here often and haven't had it happen. iPhone 4G.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:54 AM   #93
mrprez
KJ4WMZ

Oddometer: 1,265
I have had it do the same thing. Says it is loading, loading, loading but never does. Like you, it works perfectly on other forums, I've only seen it do this on ADV.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:47 PM   #94
mrprez
KJ4WMZ

Just installed an update and things are working a lot better.

Sent via morse code.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #95
RAGBrian
jonesing for a ride

Oddometer: 1,026
Just upgraded to a new smart phone this week. I installed Tapatalk and love it! Now I can read ADVRider and some other boards at will without sitting in front of a PC. This is going to be fun if I am waiting inline someplace..."Go ahead, take your time-I still have some more threads to wade thru!"

So, I have a question about Participated Threads. When I start Tapatalk, I see the Accounts screen and the sites I have saved so far, and on the 2nd bar the Network Accounts Picks. The I select Adventure Rider, and get the next screen and see the Unread All Participated options. What I would like is that the Participated function is highlighted and showing my subscribed threads, so that I don't have to do a tap to select it. Call me lazy....anyone see how to set that? Or, is that something that Tapatalk needs to hear to add that level in the settings?

As for having a answer for the same thing when using a web browser, here's what I do: I use this URL -> http://advrider.com/forums/usercp.php and make a book mark in my browser bar. I also edit the name to show nothing, and when I save it, I have the site icon in my browser bar. When you click on that link and have logged in, you see your subscribed threads and groups right before your eyes!
Old 09-20-2012, 07:10 PM   #96
RAGBrian
jonesing for a ride

Bluhduh Tapatalk is not showing my Subscribed threads conrectly

New phone this week (Galaxy S III) and I installed Tapatalk. Playing with it the past few days and enjoying catching up and checking my subscribed threads.

Now, tonight I am using the Participated function to look at threads, and I have the PC on in front of me and the what I see on the PC is not in synch on Tapatalk!

On the phone I see almost all of the most recent Tt posts as well on the PC.
On the phone I don't see a couple of new threads I subscribed to on Tt but they are showing up on the PC.
TT shows me participated in 42 threads. PC shows 220.

Anyone else have this same issue?

Let's see if this thread starter shows up on Tapatalk as well.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:32 PM   #97
RAGBrian
jonesing for a ride

Well this is strange: I just checked the PC and did not see this thread in my subscribed list

but it's showing up in Tapatalk.

RAGBrian screwed with this post 09-20-2012 at 07:34 PM Reason: fixing the punctuation from the tapatalk posting
RAGBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:08 AM   #98
Jamie Z
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAGBrian View Post
So, I have a question about Participated Threads. When I start Tapatalk, I see the Accounts screen and the sites I have saved so far, and on the 2nd bar the Network Accounts Picks. The I select Adventure Rider, and get the next screen and see the Unread All Participated options. What I would like is that the Participated function is highlighted and showing my subscribed threads, so that I don't have to do a tap to select it. Call me lazy....anyone see how to set that? Or, is that something that Tapatalk needs to hear to add that level in the settings?

As for having a answer for the same thing when using a web browser, here's what I do: I use this URL -> http://advrider.com/forums/usercp.php and make a book mark in my browser bar. I also edit the name to show nothing, and when I save it, I have the site icon in my browser bar. When you click on that link and have logged in, you see your subscribed threads and groups right before your eyes!
I'm using the iOS version of Tapatalk and it does what you want to do. When I click on ADVrider from the Accounts page, it automatically loads up the Participated tab (it loads whichever tab I last used, which is almost always the Participated tab). Perhaps the Android version is a bit different.

As for the bookmark you posted, that shows just the threads you've subscribed to. Tapatalk will show a list of any threads you've posted in. I don't subscribe to every thread I've posted in, but it would be convenient to have a list of those threads in the same way Tapatalk displays them.

Jamie

Budget Travel the Jamie Z Way
Jamie Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:17 AM   #99
RAGBrian
jonesing for a ride

Jamie,

You may have answered another question I posted on a different thread. So I now understand correctly the terms Participated and Subscribed.

I will look at this closer tonight. There should be no difference between iOS and Android in functionality.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:26 PM   #100
RAGBrian
jonesing for a ride

On another Tapatalk thread JamieZ was the key to the answer of my question:

Subscribed is adding a thread to your list to watch.

Participated is when one posts a message(s) in the thread.

So, I have figured out that I have a number of threads subscribed to, that I have not posted in (lurking), and for this latest series where I posted the previous two messages, I was not subscribed to. I just tested this on the PC and via Tapatalk and see how it works now. So, all is good and hopefully this will help out another inmate on the site.

Carry on....
Old 11-05-2012, 07:59 AM   #101
thumpididump
MacGyver

Oddometer: 2,764
unable to see video preview in TapaTalk

Until recently, I thought that TapaTalk was deficient in that it just wasn't capable of displaying a preview image of a YouTube video (or any other embedded video, such as Vimeo, LiveLeak, etc,).

I've never used TapaTalk for any other forums except ADV Rider, but recently I was browsing another forum and noticed that videos are indeed displayed. After checking my settings, I see nothing that I can control.

Therefore, I suspect that the ADVRider server settings prevent TapaTalk from showing video preview images... is my suspicion correct?

Is anyone else able to see videos using TapaTalk?

This happens on both my Galaxy phone and my Galaxy tablet.
Poor decisions always lead to great adventures.
thumpididump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #102
BlockPass
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
view newest posts

This thread reminded me of another question about Tapatalk functionality via web site.

My favorite feature of the app on my iPad is when I click on a thread, it automatically takes me directly to the newest unread post in that thread. This is great, because on big threads, like ones dedicated to a certain bike, 3 or 4 pages might get added between visits, and having to hit *last page* then manually go back until I can figure out where I left off is sub optimal compared to Tapatalk.
BlockPass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:50 AM   #103
BlockPass
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by idc22 View Post
This thread reminded me of another question about Tapatalk functionality via web site.

My favorite feature of the app on my iPad is when I click on a thread, it automatically takes me directly to the newest unread post in that thread. This is great, because on big threads, like ones dedicated to a certain bike, 3 or 4 pages might get added between visits, and having to hit *last page* then manually go back until I can figure out where I left off is sub optimal compared to Tapatalk.
Never mind, I changed the site format from ADVrider 2.0 to Crash and now I see the little arrow next to my subscribed threads, which takes me directly to newest unread post.
BlockPass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:23 AM   #104
mrprez
KJ4WMZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by idc22 View Post
Never mind, I changed the site format from ADVrider 2.0 to Crash and now I see the little arrow next to my subscribed threads, which takes me directly to newest unread post.
That link is in both formats. You can also change your bookmark to read:

Code:
http://advrider.com/forums/subscription.php
Old 01-10-2013, 10:13 AM   #105
mouthfulloflake
Not afraid

Oddometer: 18,183
It annoys me to the point I no longer use my android device to visit advrider.

google searching shows a script or something they could possibly delete and remove the annoying ( must click 4 times) popup

is that a possibility adv folks?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: