Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 01:09 PM   #6856
Beer
950 SE

Oddometer: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post

So Etienne see's himself as the "new" french version of Michelé Thomsón and is going to market his "Little Chunk of Dakar" to all the flatbill wearing homie fans that the new breed of Monsterredbullspeed sponsors will attract to the sport... eh?

Park your RV's outside the stadium folks, by a footlong and a brewski and pull up a seat for the most challenging indoors marathon rally the world has ever seen (live direct sent on HBO... 19:00 CET 15:00 Pacific central ). We've got pole dancers for the halftime show and all the baguette and brie cheese you can eat... So come on out, we're coming to 10 stadiums across South America in 14 days of rough and tumble off road rallye action, all from the comfort of your very own 85 dollar arena seat... Tired of marching out into the Atacama for hours on end, to wait and see an orange brick fly past in a cloud of dust...? F5¤% that!... come to where the future is... it's the Dakar Grand National Stadium Schmuck Gran Prix Marathon Off Road Indoor Racing Series. DGNSSGPMORIRS
ha ha classic beers on me!!

http://950superenduro.com
Beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:10 PM   #6857
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 16,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by misc View Post
Maybe it's been discussed here already, but can anyone tell me why the finish times (ASS) on the checkpoints pages are exactly 1h20 behind the times on the live timing and results pages?

I can see it also Mischa (had not noticed before you said) I cannot account for it other thatn to suggest maybe they have pulled the "nutralisation" time component out of the time to create the "scratch result for the stage rankings?

I went AWOL at WP6 and only just returned (well after most had arrived at the ASS) so it is only a guess/explanation as to why on my part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:10 PM   #6858
gagnaou
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by XSpearsX View Post
Yes, I wish we could see the penalty breakdown here. Or give the crew a dang cell phone that works and affordable.
He did do engine swaps at stage 2 and 4. But they don't cause that much penalty that's listed, do they? How much time is penalized for engine swaps?
Here is some information from the Freedom rallye racing FB page:

"Luis always wore a pink silicone wrist band in honor of his sister who died of cancer a few years ago. He cut a slither off the rubber bracelet and used that as a gasket! He put the cylinder head back on and believe it or not, The engine started!
At this point Luis decided to take a “short cut” and incur the penalties of bypassing a couple of Check Points, rather than risk not arriving at the Finish Line at all. And he made it!! "

I cannot find exactly how much he would have been penalized by this (the rule book says refer to roadbook) but I am sure that is part of the penalities...

French vacation house for rent! Great riding area!

450 KTM exc
950 Adventure S
gagnaou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:13 PM   #6859
zenjen
Go Outside

Oddometer: 2,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagnaou View Post
Here is some information from the Freedom rallye racing FB page:
She (XSpearsX/Sandi) is the keeper of the Freedom Rally Racing FB page.
zenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:13 PM   #6860
misc
dakar tracker

Oddometer: 310
Quote:
I can see it also Mischa (had not noticed before you said) I cannot account for it other thatn to suggest maybe they have pulled the "nutralisation" time component out of the time to create the "scratch result for the stage rankings?

I went AWOL at WP6 and only just returned (well after most had arrived at the ASS) so it is only a guess/explanation as to why on my part.
I spent dunno how much time to find out what was wrong. I thought it was my fault, but no... haha... you fill in the rest ;-) But it's weird... if you add 1h20 on stage time then do it on all pages right? And if not on live timing okay, but it's in the checkpoints listing, but not in the standings. So, kinda strange to me. I wouldn't be surprised if they add it later to the other results as well...
misc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:15 PM   #6861
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

You do an awesome job mate... and dedicated to the back teeth!

Quote:

Quote:
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
Old 01-10-2013, 01:16 PM   #6862
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,930
Quote:
You do an awesome job mate... and dedicated to the back teeth!
+1 Misca!!!!
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:18 PM   #6863
Jim Rowley
Rise above

Oddometer: 2,500
Quote:
you do an awesome job mate... And dedicated to the back teeth!
+2
Old 01-10-2013, 01:19 PM   #6864
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,930
Looking at the stage tomorrow, it will be a first where most of the stage is above 3,500m

Thats also why it is short I think. It does not look very technical at all, just lots of rough two track, maybe a bit of off piste at the beginning.

Anyway I wanted to say if this stage is a success, Bolivia will be in the menu for next year.

Its very VERY high for helicopters to fly, theyre close to if not at their ceiling altitudes. Those guys doing the flying tomorrow will need brass balls, big time.
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #6865
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Quote:
But it's weird... if you add 1h20 on stage time then do it on all pages right? And if not on live timing okay, but it's in the checkpoints listing, but not in the standings. So, kinda strange to me. I wouldn't be surprised if they add it later to the other results as well...
The thing is you have to pull the 1:h 20m to create a comparable scratch result for all the field (as on the nutralisation if you arrive and pass the end control zone you are penalized early... but if you arrive late, you are on your own time). It looks "wierd" on the spreadsheet, but it's accurate as far as determining the rankings.

Quote:

Quote:
Old 01-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #6866
ric678
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 866
Ok, I made it back to the bivvy...my brother decided to call and I couldn't ditch him, even after boring him with tales of fesh fesh and broken wheels....don't think he understood I was missing important stuff!!!
Old 01-10-2013, 01:21 PM   #6867
Flood
F5lood.

Oddometer: 10,161
RallyRAIDio GIF of the day: Lyndon Poskitt, who else?!

RallyRAIDio on Twitter
RallyRAIDio on Facebook
Flood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #6868
PackMule
love what you do

Oddometer: 19,458
Quote:
Haha ;-) Remember the time we had only the pages with checkpoints on the official Dakar site years ago? If you were following 1 person you were clicking around for hours, CTRL+F find car, not there, try previous checkpoint... etc etc. Ages before you knew about 1 car. That was the main reason why I started this. But I did something wrong... everybody on my site wins time, but I lose 2 weeks haha hmm....
And we love you for it, Mischa.

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

They don't expect you to finish. That's why it's the Dakar. -- PPiA

Get your sweet Pyndon DakARTwork here

Pyndon '13
PackMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:24 PM   #6869
Tesla314
>_<

Oddometer: 130
Racing-support cars/trucks for the bike teams?

I'm curious, why don't the big bike teams enter cars or trucks into the racing classes (ie #3xx, #4xx, #5xx vehicles) to lend support for mechanicals?

Am I wrong in remembering that this was the original purpose of the cars/trucks classes?

Is it only because of the start time gap between the front bikes and the following cars, that is, that by the time the cars reached them they'd be out of contention? Seems like you could do a chain: team "captain" squares a wheel, swaps rims with water carrier, water carrier waits for fresh wheel off the back of the car. That way the captain doesn't lose all the time to wait for the car, and the water carrier doesn't lose as much time as they would trying to ride in on a squared wheel.

And for that matter, same question for the cars teams, why don't e.g. Robby or Nasser have "garbage trucks" puppydogging them across SA?

Tesla314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:25 PM   #6870
ktmmitch
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 463
Doctor on call

[QUOTE=troy safari carpente;20447863]Yes Dr Mitcho... THAT's what marathon rallying is all about... at the grass roots level in any case!

We must get ourselves some flatbill hats... wel me anyway... you're already stunning in your nurses outfit...

I think I'm struck off from medical practice after trying out my new "camel-back enema" treatment on the last patient!!!

ktmmitch is offline   Reply With Quote