Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 11:13 PM   #751
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 5,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBean25 View Post
Small world. I live 5 minutes from Alderwood Mall, bought my Tiger at Seattle Triumph (Lynnwood Cycle Barn). I work in Kirkland very near the Overlake Hospital. It is quite a bit more developed and busy now than what you describe. Makes for an interesting daily commute on the I-405...which probably also didn't exist when you lived here. I sold my VStrom to get my Tiger...so that was the impetus of my joke. It was a cheaper bike, and a lot of people who owned one, myself included, did things such as bolt milk crates on there and the like....things I wouldn't even dream of doing to my Tiger. But I love both bikes...just had to decide as I couldn't have both.

Ha...yes, I know it's busy up there. My oldest daughter is with Clyde Hill PD, the younger one a commercial electrician. And my sister has a collection biz in Lywnwood. My wife's family is in Marysville. Wow.

I had a 'strom as well. Bought a new DL1000 in '02 when they first came out. My dream was to ride to Cabo San Lucas. Alas, that never happened and I sold the bike a few years later.

Before we lived in Edmonds my folks bought one of the first houses in Kingsgate. Dad got me my first mini bike about 1968. We would ride right out of the garage and not more than a few blocks away the trails started and went all the way to North Bend. Or it seemed like it at least. Reiter Pit was the outback way back then. I have a trophy from a Poker Run out there in the 70's. I recall paddling the bike through snow.

And yes, there used to be a big pond where they put the hospital over there, it had big goldfish in it and we would catch them with a fishing pole and then toss them back. OMG. I remember seeing a guy out there with a 400 Maico that we just thought was a devil bike.

We moved to so-Cal in '92 for business...never went back. It's too rainy.

EDIT: Yay...2000th post. whoohoo.

browneye screwed with this post 01-09-2013 at 11:28 PM
browneye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:52 AM   #752
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by ren hoëk View Post
I reckon you should replace the crate with something with a bit more class to match the bike. Pimms O'clock anyone? http://www.partyplastics.co.uk/shop/...FSTLtAodVRMA8w
Or
http://www.alloutdoor.co.uk/outdoor-...FcjKtAodxCcAhA
Old 01-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #753
CHAOSHUMOUR
THE UNSANE

Oddometer: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger View Post
I reckon you should replace the crate with something with a bit more class to match the bike. Pimms O'clock anyone? http://www.partyplastics.co.uk/shop/...FSTLtAodVRMA8w
Or
Good taste. Bad taste... You cross the line EVERYTIME Black Tiger. Sheesh.

IN TIMES OF TRIAL AND ADVERSITY... LOOK HARD... LEAN HARDER... AND OPEN THE THROTTLE WIDE.
"WHEN THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE ARRIVES, WILL YOU BE READY? WILL YOU REALLY???"
Old 01-10-2013, 05:58 PM   #754
soldierguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 467
I'll post up a couple I took late this afternoon. She's nearly fully farkled...just gotta install the tool tube on the left pannier rack, buy and install the extra lights and heated grips, install the Holan Pro crashbars when they arrive, and I think she'll be about done.

'13 Yamaha Super Tenere - my dream bike
soldierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:30 PM   #755
kingofZroad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 340
Nice Soldierguy!! Is that the last 2012 from Erico? They had an orange and my black when I picked it up in November.
kingofZroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:13 PM   #756
soldierguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofZroad View Post
Nice Soldierguy!! Is that the last 2012 from Erico? They had an orange and my black when I picked it up in November.
Yep, that was the last 2012. They had a 2013 in the matte green which I really liked, but I couldn't justify spending a lot more for a different color, since the 2012 was discounted quite a bit.

Did Santa bring you the farkles you wanted? He blew me off so I bought all mine...damn the fat man!

Old 01-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #757
kingofZroad
Gnarly Adventurer

I really liked the matte green bike when I saw it, but like you I wasn't willing to spend the considerable amount of extra money just for the color. If they hadn't had the black one, your orange one would have come home with me!! It looks sharp!

Santa hosed me, so I am on my own for farkles.... I've added ROX risers, fenda extenda, sump guard, engine guard and the center stand. Now, I must save up for the next round. ;0)

We should take a ride next summer!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 01-11-2013, 02:58 AM   #758
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldierguy View Post
I'll post up a couple I took late this afternoon. She's nearly fully farkled...just gotta install the tool tube on the left pannier rack, buy and install the extra lights and heated grips, install the Holan Pro crashbars when they arrive, and I think she'll be about done.

While you're on the heated grips fit some decent hand guards at the same time. The standard ones are rubbish.
I know there's a lot of opinions out there but I'm happy with the Tiger1050 ones which give good coverage and have, so far, been pretty robust.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:44 PM   #759
Haggs
Tigre Verde

Oddometer: 132
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger View Post
Or

What an absolutely spiffy idea, might just nip out and get one of those. Now, Geeves, hand me my tweed coat!!

P.S. Milk crate removed. Reason: Shame and Ridicule.
Haggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:50 PM   #760
PYG RYDR
Adventure-Dual Sport

Oddometer: 379
Question

Ah, put the crate back on. If if works for you, that is all that matters!
There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it.
Only the wisest of humans achieve the second.
Logan Pearsall Smith
PYG RYDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:51 PM   #761
gusutavot800
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29

Not an XC (couldn't reach the floor ) but pretty close.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #762
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 5,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by ren hoëk View Post
Milk crate removed. Reason: Shame and Ridicule.

Oh wait...you're in NSW. We don't give a shit what you run out there.

browneye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:05 PM   #763
soldierguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofZroad View Post
I really liked the matte green bike when I saw it, but like you I wasn't willing to spend the considerable amount of extra money just for the color. If they hadn't had the black one, your orange one would have come home with me!! It looks sharp!

Santa hosed me, so I am on my own for farkles.... I've added ROX risers, fenda extenda, sump guard, engine guard and the center stand. Now, I must save up for the next round. ;0)

We should take a ride next summer!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
You've got me thinking road trip...

I'm actually moving to Northern California soon, but I'm also planning on spending some time this spring/summer riding all over the place. I'm retiring from the army very soon, and I'm intentionally not looking for a job right away...I want to spend some time traveling before I get into my second career. Australia is on the calendar in a couple months, then by June I need to be back in the US to take care of some business and that's about when I'd like to start riding to different parts of the US.

So who knows...I could be around for rides in the Rockies this summer.

By the way, how do you like the ROX risers? I got some basic 1 inch risers (either from twisted throttle or touratech...can't remember which). I like the height, but occasionally think I might like the bars a little further back.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:16 PM   #764
kingofZroad
Gnarly Adventurer

I love the Rox Risers!! They allowed me to move the bars up AND back, which was exactly what I needed.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:32 PM   #765
motomart
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
11C here in Ontario today, not bad for mid January. It was nice to get out and get the tiger dirty again.

motomart is offline   Reply With Quote