Old 01-10-2013, 06:58 PM   #31
bajaboundmoto
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Dad View Post
Just like it was back thru the 80's and 90's
We use to have 10-20 bikes in a class
Back then was RAD! Remember when there would be an honest 6-7 bikes that had a chance at the OA? And factory bikes in multiple classes, not just in 22. That was good stuff back then.
bajaboundmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:10 PM   #32
frog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,738
[QUOTE=Baja Dad;20451000]
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post

It will make the Bike classes BIGGER!! If SCORE make more money then they will keep the Bikes around!
Having 2 or 3 bikes in you class is NO fun
Just like it was back thru the 80's and 90's
We use to have 10-20 bikes in a class
It is a lot more fun when you have someone to race then to just ride around.
IMO: They need to FIX the Class break down,
Class 20 250cc 4-stroke and under 200cc 2-stroke and under
Class 21 250cc 2-stroke up to 400 cc 4-stroke
Class 22 OPEN 450 cc and up
Class 29 IRONMAN ( any size bike above 200cc )
Class 30 ( 30 yrs to 39yrs)
Class 40 (40yrs to 49 yrs)
Class 50 ( 50 yrs to 59yrs)
Class 60 ( 60yrs and up )
There were 36 in >250. So remove the biggest class to fill up the ones that have low entrants. Seems like they should remove the classed that have no racers. But then they couldnt say they raced PRO and are only sportsman racers.
frog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:43 PM   #33
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,831
[QUOTE=frog;20451293]
Quote:

There were 36 in >250. So remove the biggest class to fill up the ones that have low entrants. Seems like they should remove the classed that have no racers. But then they couldnt say they raced PRO and are only sportsman racers.
Frog ,
I understand you are a " Professional Sportsman Racer".
How many time have you Rode the 1000???

you say there were 36??? What ??? sportsman???
Old 01-10-2013, 09:04 PM   #34
AngryShawn
Punchbowl Pooper

Oddometer: 392
Quote:
Frog ,

Seriously, I can't see what a d*ck measuring contest is going to prove here other than turn this into yet another joke of a thread.

If you look at the sportsman over entries for last years 1K, there were 36 entries:
http://score-international.com/2012-...e-atv-results/
D-36 AMA #196F - Supermoto USA #47 - BITD #379 - MCMA #430
AngryShawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:01 PM   #35
KZJohn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 316
Ah the old "sportsman aren't real racers" debate. Some are, some aren't.
My team and I raced sportsman because;
1. It was what my sponsor,(Hammernutrition), was willing to pay for and did so for 3 years.

2. My health and dissabuility insurance won't cover me if I enter a "PRO" class but will if I'm an amature,(Muy importante).

My teams overall times at the 09 500 and the 10 B1K would have put us into the top 5 of all the pro classes but 22,(and in the top 10 of that).
The point is, if there wasn't a sportsman class, I most likely wouldn't have been able to race. I know thats true of a lot of teams. If SCORE gets rid of that class and makes everyone enter a "pro" class with the higher entry fee, it will decrease the entries not increase them.
I'm trying to stay optimistic about all of the changes but it's not easy when they aren't telling us anything in regards to the bikes. I don't want to race in the states anymore, I've done that for more than 20 years. I love Baja and love racing there.
Team Hammernutrition/T&S Motorsports
KZJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:23 AM   #36
frog
Beastly Adventurer

[QUOTE=Baja Dad;20451982]
Quote:

Frog ,

Yes 36 over 250 sportsman.

I have never claimed to be a professional anything or a fast rider or an expert. I race because I have fun and like to push myself. I know that I have no chance of winning a class and that doesnt bother me one bit. If I can save $1100 by not calling myself a pro then I'm all about it as are others. Some people don't have big egos.

You say make everyone race pro to make bigger classes and more competition but you enter a class with 4 riders. Why didnt you race class 22. Plenty of competition there. May it be because you have no chance of winning that class???????

I have never claimed to know all things about baja, unlike some on this board, but I will freely share my opinion as a avg racers because someone needs to.

I have done the 1000 three times. Nowhere near the 100 times you have or 50 years you've been racing. I'm sure your pinky finger knows more about baja then I do.

Hopefully they continue to have sportsman or a "pro" class with lower entry and no payback. If they don't then maybe I'll enter pro then I can tell all my friends I raced PRO class.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:56 AM   #37
adventurebound9517
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
Sounds like desert racing for bikes is over, no danger, no glory...nanny state.

Don't forget this is a business and by lowering field count, [ read in no bikes or sportsman racers ] you couldn't afford to promote any races. The sportsmen racers are the guys and gals who pay for this stuff to happen.
adventurebound9517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:47 AM   #38
Strong Bad
n00balicious

Oddometer: 3,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventurebound9517 View Post
Don't forget this is a business and by lowering field count, [ read in no bikes or sportsman racers ] you couldn't afford to promote any races. The sportsmen racers are the guys and gals who pay for this stuff to happen.
I'm not so sure about that. SCORE has has had corporate sponsors that pay a bunch of money to put the event on including BFG, Tecate, VW and others. I think that many of the bike guys don't realize that even Class 11 (stock VW bug) is a Pro class.

So now I'm going to put my flame suit on and continue.........

While changes to the rules like getting passed by a car ends your race would most likely eliminate a lot of "ironman", "bucket list", or "Dust to Gloyites", it will not eliminate the serious sportsmen racers who enter to actually race (and aren't riding just to say they've finished). I've always believed that entering a RACE is just that, and if you ain't fast enough to keep up, well then you need to go home and work on your speed or perhaps recognize that you just ain't fast enough to be playing with these guys. I used to race SCORE on bikes back in the 70's, and I have had no problem admitting that there came a time when I didn't still have the speed and strength to continue to race it.

How many racers would like to at sometime in their life race a supercross or a AMA national? At any given event, how many who show up and pay their entry fees are fast enough to qualify and how many have to go home because they simply aren't fast enough? That's all part of RACING and the Baja 1000, 500 & 250 have always been races.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:04 AM   #39
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong Bad View Post
I'm not so sure about that. SCORE has has had corporate sponsors that pay a bunch of money to put the event on including BFG, Tecate, VW and others. I think that many of the bike guys don't realize that even Class 11 (stock VW bug) is a Pro class.

While changes to the rules like getting passed by a car ends your race would most likely eliminate a lot of "ironman", "bucket list", or "Dust to Gloyites", it will not eliminate the serious sportsmen racers who enter to actually race (and aren't riding just to say they've finished). I've always believed that entering a RACE is just that, and if you ain't fast enough to keep up, well then you need to go home and work on your speed or perhaps recognize that you just ain't fast enough to be playing with these guys. I used to race SCORE on bikes back in the 70's, and I have had no problem admitting that there came a time when I didn't still have the speed and strength to continue to race it.

How many racers would like to at sometime in their life race a supercross or a AMA national? At any given event, how many who show up and pay their entry fees are fast enough to qualify and how many have to go home because they simply aren't fast enough? That's all part of RACING and the Baja 1000, 500 & 250 have always been races.

Thats my point !!!!!!!!!
These are RACE's not just somthing you enter to RIDE!!!!
I dont see a Sportsman class at the NASCAR Daytona 500.... DO YOU ??????????????

this sport needs new blood!!!! SO STEP UP AND RACE THE PRO CLASS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-11-2013, 11:09 AM   #40
frog
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong Bad View Post

That would eliminate all but about 20 bikes. It would have eliminated ALL ironaman.

Bd your team got caught by the trucks... did you hang it up or continue to the finish. You were also beat by some in the sportsman class.... Actually you would have ended up in 9th place in over 250. Seems like there was more competition there since you were 3rd in class. Kinda funny you wouldn't have made top three in class with a bunch of "dust to gloryites" and "bucket list" sportsman. Maybe you need to rethink if you belong in the PRO classes.

I would have come in 9th in class 22. You would have been 7th. So what. It makes no difference what class you race. Your time is still the same and you still get passed by the trucks. Remove all classes but two Pro and a no pay back class with lower entry. call it SUB PRO, expert, sportsman, powder puff whatever you want it makes no difference. But then there is no way you can post all over ADV that you are going for the Class win like some have.

All because you are in a pro class doesn't make you faster or anything different other then the entry fee. Maybe some wouldnt enter because they don't consider themselves PRO but my guess is it wouldn't stop many.

frog screwed with this post 01-11-2013 at 11:29 AM
Old 01-11-2013, 11:26 AM   #41
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
That would eliminate all but about 20 bikes.

Bd your team got caught by the trucks... did you hang it up or continue to the finish. You were also beat by some in the sportsman class....
When I got off the bike at mile 616 ,I got in my chase truck and drove all night and half the next day back home to watch my 17 yrd sons last ever High school Football game.Our team had some bad luck and that happens when you RACE
Sometimes you WIN sometimes you don't

Then maybe those Sportsman that pass our bike should be made to step up to the Pro ranks!!

I for one would NEVER quit no matter how mant TT or car passed me.

I am very glad YOU and other like to just Ride the course to say you did.

Thank you for the support

Why are ou tyring to get in a PISSING match with me.!!
I have my Opinion and you have yours
That what makes this FUN!!
Old 01-11-2013, 11:37 AM   #42
frog
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
When I got off the bike at mile 616 ,I got in my chase truck and drove all night and half the next day back home to watch my 17 yrd sons last ever High school Football game.Our team had some bad luck and that happens when you RACE
Sometimes you WIN sometimes you don't

Then maybe those Sportsman that pass our bike should be made to step up to the Pro ranks!!

I for one would NEVER quit no matter how mant TT or car passed me.

I am very glad YOU and other like to just Ride the course to say you did.

Thank you for the support

Why are ou tyring to get in a PISSING match with me.!!
I have my Opinion and you have yours
That what makes this FUN!!
I'm not trying to get in a pissing match at all. You keep saying PRO PRO PRO. and you were beat by a lot of sportsman. Those sportsman that beat you are there to race and have fun and are on a budget. No egos and no need to say PRO PRO PRO PRO to anyone and everyone to show how fast they are.

I didnt go there to just ride. I went to race. Like your team I had problems. It happens. I spent 300 miles puking and shitting during the race. I know its nowhere near the hardcore drive to your sons event but it sucked and slowed me down.

BTW I'm not sure what getting off the bike and driving north has to do with anything

frog screwed with this post 01-11-2013 at 11:48 AM
Old 01-11-2013, 11:58 AM   #43
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I'm not trying to get in a pissing match at all. You keep saying PRO PRO PRO. and you were beat by a lot of sportsman. Those sportsman that beat you are there to race and have fun and are on a budget. No egos and no need to say PRO PRO PRO PRO to anyone and everyone to show how fast they are.

I didnt go there to just ride. I went to race. Like your team I had problems. It happens. I spent 300 miles puking and shitting during the race. I know its nowhere near the hardcore drive to your sons event but it sucked and slowed me down.

BTW I'm not sure what getting off the bike and driving north has to do with anything other then you are trying to pin your poor results on your team. Nest time ride the entire race that way you can be in control of your own results.
I feel for you !! I have had that same thig happen to me at the 1000 back in 1988

Yes 10 Sportsman biks did pass us

Not trying to Pin anything on any one.
I had a flawless ride when I was on the Bike ! It was a blast!
and we will be back this year racing with our sons!! Maybe calss 20 or 21

I have ridden the entire course many times

Why would I want to SOLO this entire Race??
There is NO class for SOLO riders????
I think they should have a Ironman/Solo class
But at this time and since the very first Baja 1000
These are TEAM races

mabe if you come down to Baja this spring or summer we can do a ride
Hope to meet you !
Good Luck and Ride safe!
Old 01-11-2013, 12:30 PM   #44
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,115
So.. in the Score/HDRA world... when is the first bike race? are they only running the one Reno HDRA race and the three Baja's ?

Glad you guys are done pissing ..
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:34 PM   #45
Kanook
Adventure zymologist

Oddometer: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by strong bad View Post
i'm not so sure about that. Score has has had corporate sponsors that pay a bunch of money to put the event on including bfg, tecate, vw and others. I think that many of the bike guys don't realize that even class 11 (stock vw bug) is a pro class.

So now i'm going to put my flame suit on and continue.........

While changes to the rules like getting passed by a car ends your race would most likely eliminate a lot of "ironman", "bucket list", or "dust to gloyites", it will not eliminate the serious sportsmen racers who enter to actually race (and aren't riding just to say they've finished). I've always believed that entering a race is just that, and if you ain't fast enough to keep up, well then you need to go home and work on your speed or perhaps recognize that you just ain't fast enough to be playing with these guys. I used to race score on bikes back in the 70's, and i have had no problem admitting that there came a time when i didn't still have the speed and strength to continue to race it.

How many racers would like to at sometime in their life race a supercross or a ama national? At any given event, how many who show up and pay their entry fees are fast enough to qualify and how many have to go home because they simply aren't fast enough? That's all part of racing and the baja 1000, 500 & 250 have always been races.
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357936482.696214.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  30.8 KB
'71 SL100 custom
'65 cb160
Kanook is offline   Reply With Quote