ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Trials
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-27-2012, 09:56 AM   #151
ridenm
not waiting anymore
 
ridenm's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Carnuel, NM USA
Oddometer: 2,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting32 View Post
I might have to see if I can get to this one, is there any cheap lodging nearby? Brewtus, how far from this event do you live?

Will you camp out up there?

Diesel is kind of high, so hate to pull the "sail/Anchor" (camper) all the way out there... But hmmm....

Pre planning stages, I cannot commit yet, I haven't asked my Boss Lady...
For Sting and any other lurkers, the San Ysidro Trials Area is about 15-20 minutes west on Hwy 550 from the town of Bernalillo, NM. Bernalillo has the usual lodging and "fine dining" one finds along the interstate--Super 8, Denny's (), and lots of fast food. A little closer to SY is one of the Indian casino complexes, Santa Ana Star, smoke-infested but with cheap food. On the upscale side and nearby is the Hyatt Regency Tamaya.

I get a little nervous parking a trailer full of bikes anywhere in Bernalillo.

West of SY on 550 is the town of Cuba, with fewer savory motels and more worries about parking the trailer.

Up Highway 4 from Bernalillo is the town of Jemez Springs, with a few funky B & B places, but the drive is longer because of low speed limits and zealous law enforcement.

Camping on site at the trials area is dry--no power or water--but the club has recently been paying for porta-potties especially for two-day events. Club members routinely drive their behemoth rigs in and out with little hassle, but in bad weather getting a RV in and out of the site can be challenging because of the caliche mud on the road. Even in good weather it can be a bone-jarring ride but it's not very long.

The club's special use permit restricts us to trials motorcycles only, and you must have a spark arrestor.
__________________
I've learned to live with reduced expectations--I'm a Vikings fan.
ridenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:18 AM   #152
brewtus
Buffoonery, Inc.
 
brewtus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Albuquerque, not New, not Mexico.......
Oddometer: 2,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting32 View Post
I might have to see if I can get to this one, is there any cheap lodging nearby? Brewtus, how far from this event do you live?

Will you camp out up there?

Diesel is kind of high, so hate to pull the "sail/Anchor" (camper) all the way out there... But hmmm....

Pre planning stages, I cannot commit yet, I haven't asked my Boss Lady...

Sorry Sting, I did not see this until this morning.




Quote:
Originally Posted by ridenm View Post
For Sting and any other lurkers, the San Ysidro Trials Area is about 15-20 minutes west on Hwy 550 from the town of Bernalillo, NM. Bernalillo has the usual lodging and "fine dining" one finds along the interstate--Super 8, Denny's (), and lots of fast food. A little closer to SY is one of the Indian casino complexes, Santa Ana Star, smoke-infested but with cheap food. On the upscale side and nearby is the Hyatt Regency Tamaya.

I get a little nervous parking a trailer full of bikes anywhere in Bernalillo.

West of SY on 550 is the town of Cuba, with fewer savory motels and more worries about parking the trailer.

Up Highway 4 from Bernalillo is the town of Jemez Springs, with a few funky B & B places, but the drive is longer because of low speed limits and zealous law enforcement.

Camping on site at the trials area is dry--no power or water--but the club has recently been paying for porta-potties especially for two-day events. Club members routinely drive their behemoth rigs in and out with little hassle, but in bad weather getting a RV in and out of the site can be challenging because of the caliche mud on the road. Even in good weather it can be a bone-jarring ride but it's not very long.

The club's special use permit restricts us to trials motorcycles only, and you must have a spark arrestor.

+1.
__________________
Work hard. Play hard.
Team Dead End. The drinking team with a Trials problem.
2-Time winner of the coveted "Best Shenanigans" award at Capt. Rick's annual BBQ.
brewtus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:02 AM   #153
Sting32
Trials Evangelist
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Minneapolis, Ks
Oddometer: 1,288
No worries Brew!

I just saw the replies, and damn good job with that information, ridenm!
Sting32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:59 PM   #154
brewtus
Buffoonery, Inc.
 
brewtus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Albuquerque, not New, not Mexico.......
Oddometer: 2,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting32 View Post
No worries Brew!

I just saw the replies, and damn good job with that information, ridenm!

So we'll see you tomorrow then?
__________________
Work hard. Play hard.
Team Dead End. The drinking team with a Trials problem.
2-Time winner of the coveted "Best Shenanigans" award at Capt. Rick's annual BBQ.
brewtus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #155
Sting32
Trials Evangelist
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Minneapolis, Ks
Oddometer: 1,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewtus View Post
So we'll see you tomorrow then?
I'm headed home to discuss with the boss, see how she reacts to "yet another weekend of Trials" sheeit I want to goto...

there is a possibility, if all the stars are aligned just right...
Sting32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:28 PM   #156
Gordy
Team Listo
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: NM
Oddometer: 22,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting32 View Post
I'm headed home to discuss with the boss, see how she reacts to "yet another weekend of Trials" sheeit I want to goto...

there is a possibility, if all the stars are aligned just right...
We have room and I also know people.
Gordy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:45 PM   #157
brewtus
Buffoonery, Inc.
 
brewtus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Albuquerque, not New, not Mexico.......
Oddometer: 2,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting32 View Post
I'm headed home to discuss with the boss, see how she reacts to "yet another weekend of Trials" sheeit I want to goto...

there is a possibility, if all the stars are aligned just right...
Bring her along, that way she can meet world-famous NMTA members like Gordy, NMTrailboss, Lineaway, RideNM, and myself. Oh yeah, she can meet Rachel too.
__________________
Work hard. Play hard.
Team Dead End. The drinking team with a Trials problem.
2-Time winner of the coveted "Best Shenanigans" award at Capt. Rick's annual BBQ.
brewtus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #158
Paul Master
Adventurer
 
Paul Master's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Oddometer: 34
Trials in Nor-Cal

Last opportunity to ride a 2012 SactoPITS trials event.
Nov 10 & 11, Prairie City SRVA

NOTE: White Rock Road will be closed between Sunrise and the park.
Best to use Hwy 50 to Prairie City off ramp, follow signs to park.

Saturday VB Trial: Signups 11 AM, Rider's meeting Noon, Trial starts 12:15 PM
Sunday Class A Trial: Signups 9 AM, Rider's meeting 10 AM, Trial starts 10:15 AM

SPARK ARRESTORS required, tech inspection to ensure compliance
Checkers needed for both days.

Go to www.sactopits.org for more info and the flyer
Paul Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #159
dasAUS
n00b
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Sequatchie, TN
Oddometer: 9
Southeastern Trials Riders!

Last event of the season... and... WHAT!? there's a PAYOUT!!?



http://stratrials.com/
dasAUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:28 PM   #160
Ride Now
Graybeard
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Yakima, WA
Oddometer: 120
Dallesport, WA COTA Last Chance Trial this Sunday, Nov. 18.


http://www.observedtrials.com/media/..._COTA_2012.pdf

Ride Now screwed with this post 11-14-2012 at 04:44 PM
Ride Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #161
jjustj
cum petris et choris
 
jjustj's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: 9157 ft Dillon CO
Oddometer: 5,468
world round!!!!! trials traing center

hope this isnt 205!
after five long years….

The FIM TRIAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP RETURNS TO NORTH AMERICA with the

2013 WAGNER CUP

On May 25, 26, 2013 (Memorial Day weekend), the FIM TRIAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP returns to the center of mototrials and extreme off-road motorcycle competition . . . → Read More: “FIM WORLD TRIAL CHAMPIONSHIP COMING TO AMERICA!!!

http://trialstrainingcenter.com/
__________________
Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. Mark Twain
RIDE STEALTH,



http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348508
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=489958 Sunday worship, a strap-on, and Does this water taste funny?
jjustj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #162
dasAUS
n00b
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Sequatchie, TN
Oddometer: 9
FIM help day @ TTC

World Round Work Day & Winter Series Round 3:


By Ashley Jackson, on January 11th, 2013
Hey Everybody, hope the Holidays and New Year were all a blast! Now the new year has begun and so has the work load. We have many exciting events coming up this year. One of these events is the 2013 Wagner Cup – FIM Trial World Championship. We will be scheduling a few work weekends between now and Memorial Day Weekend (in May) and would love for some of you to come out and give us a hand if you can. So below is some information on our first scheduled Work Weekend. This will actually be more like a work and play weekend, because we will also have a one day event the Sunday after!
World Round Work Weekend:
Just giving a heads up to let you all know, the next World Round work weekend had been scheduled! We will meet on January 26th at 9 am Central Time and will meet at the Green Shop at the TTC. If you can’t make it at 9 just come when you can and we will leave a note on the door to where we will be. Come prepared for a day in the woods, we will be cutting trail, and helping Charlie with what ever he needs us to do! Bring your bike, or side by side and maybe some clippers and lets get busy! Then stick around for Sunday to ride the event!
dasAUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:00 PM   #163
flyinfuzz
2 Quarts low
 
flyinfuzz's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: At the bottom of the stairs
Oddometer: 1,802
STRA Events 2013
40 th Year club Anniversary

March 9/10 Ocala ,Fla
March 23/24 Trackrock Blairsville ,Ga
April 20/21 Lenoir City ,Tn
May 25/26 World Round TTC Sequatchie ,Tn
June 8/9 Ringgold , Ga
Sept 14/15 Shooting Creek , NC
Oct 5/6 TTC Sequatchie , Tn
Nov 2/3 MT Airy, Ga 40th Anniversary Trials
__________________
Cotton says : This is as screwed up as a rope with 3 ends
flyinfuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:29 AM   #164
SCExpat
Ex-expat
 
SCExpat's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Caldwell, ID
Oddometer: 608
Inland Northwest Trials Association

March 10. Sulpher Springs, Connell, WA.

http://www.inwta.com/DOCS/CONNELLRd12013.pdf

INTA ROUND 1
Sunday Mar. 10 , 2013

Spectators always welcome!
No charge , sections easily accessible

Event Details
Time: Signup : 9:00 am – Ride Starts: 10:00 am
$15.00 for Members
$20.00 for non-members
First-time riders receive 2013 INTA membership with
their entry fee of $20.00
Lunch served no-charge for riders w/entry fee
No charge viewing for spectators
Primitive camping : bring your own water.
SCExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:40 AM   #165
SCExpat
Ex-expat
 
SCExpat's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Caldwell, ID
Oddometer: 608
PNTA ROUND 1 & 2
INTA- PNTA Observed Trials
Saturday / Sunday Mar . 23-24 , 2013
Sulpher Springs
Connell , Wa.

Get the flyer: http://www.inwta.com/DOCS/PNTACONNELL2013-2.pdf
SCExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014