Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 10:28 PM   #1966
jdgretz
Looking for new places

Oddometer: 922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond_Explorer View Post

Go Pro shot on my Tesi 3D.
Since the Tesi 3D is on my short list of bikes I would love to have if I had stupid amounts of money, I've got to ask - what's it like to ride? How does the center hub steering feel compared to anything other than a para-lever BMW?

jdg

btw, I just may hate you.
'76 Honda CJ360T
jdgretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:24 AM   #1967
Vagabond_Explorer
Relax_Unwind_Chill

Oddometer: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgretz View Post
Since the Tesi 3D is on my short list of bikes I would love to have if I had stupid amounts of money, I've got to ask - what's it like to ride? How does the center hub steering feel compared to anything other than a para-lever BMW?

jdg

btw, I just may hate you.
To put it in a parlance that you'd understand jdg, it is like flying the cyclic pitch or collective in a say, B206 or AS350 or UH-1H with full hydraulics and no frictions. Because the steering force is separated from the braking force when you front brake before coming into a corner or indeed if you brake whilst in a corner, the steering continues to be light, "hydraulic like" unlike conventional forks. I also own a BMW. The paralever that you talk about applies more to the rear swing arm, not front, so there is no comparison possible - or were you asking whether the Tesi sits down on acceleration?? (It doesn't).

The bike begs to be ridden above 120kph or faster. It is not easy riding the Tesi at 60kph or less because the engine 'struggles' at that gearing speed. The bike is very light - something like 155kg. The wheelbase does not become shorter when you apply the front brakes so it is very steady in steering. I hope this answers your question.

I was going to take more shots with my Go Pro but the damn thing won't switch on, charge or respond!! Bitch!! Anyone know why??
Vagabond_Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:16 PM   #1968
gentlemanjim
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 197

gentlemanjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:20 PM   #1969
jdgretz
Looking for new places

Oddometer: 922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond_Explorer View Post
To put it in a parlance that you'd understand jdg, it is like flying the cyclic pitch or collective in a say, B206 or AS350 or UH-1H with full hydraulics and no frictions. Because the steering force is separated from the braking force when you front brake before coming into a corner or indeed if you brake whilst in a corner, the steering continues to be light, "hydraulic like" unlike conventional forks. I also own a BMW. The paralever that you talk about applies more to the rear swing arm, not front, so there is no comparison possible - or were you asking whether the Tesi sits down on acceleration?? (It doesn't).

The bike begs to be ridden above 120kph or faster. It is not easy riding the Tesi at 60kph or less because the engine 'struggles' at that gearing speed. The bike is very light - something like 155kg. The wheelbase does not become shorter when you apply the front brakes so it is very steady in steering. I hope this answers your question.

I was going to take more shots with my Go Pro but the damn thing won't switch on, charge or respond!! Bitch!! Anyone know why??
Thank you for that explanation - it sounds like a blast to ride *sigh*

I hope you got the GoPro problem figured out. I had that happen on mine as well. I had to discharge the battery before it would recharge for some reason.

jdg
'76 Honda CJ360T
jdgretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:52 AM   #1970
DJFlowe
Ginger

Oddometer: 229
Here's my beast: 2009 Multi 1100S. Best riding bike I've ever owned... commuting daily or long rides, nothing but joy. I've had to replace the tank and the side panels like to fall off on the interstate, but she's reliable day in and day out.

In her bi-annual state of repose:

DJFlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:56 AM   #1971
tpulls
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJFlowe View Post
Here's my beast: 2009 Multi 1100S. Best riding bike I've ever owned... commuting daily or long rides, nothing but joy. I've had to replace the tank and the side panels like to fall off on the interstate, but she's reliable day in and day out.
Awesome bike. I like those side cases too! Can you give any more details on them? I've been in the market for one of these bikes but it seems factory luggage is almost impossible to find.
tpulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:30 AM   #1972
DJFlowe
Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpulls View Post
Awesome bike. I like those side cases too! Can you give any more details on them? I've been in the market for one of these bikes but it seems factory luggage is almost impossible to find.
Thanks, tpulls. I couldn't find the factory luggage for less than $1k, and on top of the price most people said it was flimsy and oddly shaped.

Hepco-Becker makes a mounting rack that fits any of their cases for the Multi. Capital Cycles in DC was the only place stateside that carried it. I ended up buying some used & bruised H-B Gobi's off a KTM from another inmate here. Cost me $200 for the rack + sundry parts and $250 for the cases. They look weird but they're functional. If I had it to do over again I'd look harder for slightly smaller cases than the Gobi's- she has a wide backside now.

Other views of the cases:

Old 12-21-2012, 12:48 PM   #1973
tpulls
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJFlowe View Post
Thanks, tpulls. I couldn't find the factory luggage for less than $1k, and on top of the price most people said it was flimsy and oddly shaped.

Hepco-Becker makes a mounting rack that fits any of their cases for the Multi. Capital Cycles in DC was the only place stateside that carried it. I ended up buying some used & bruised H-B Gobi's off a KTM from another inmate here. Cost me $200 for the rack + sundry parts and $250 for the cases. They look weird but they're functional. If I had it to do over again I'd look harder for slightly smaller cases than the Gobi's- she has a wide backside now.
Good to know about the racks. They do look a little weird, but function wins out for me ;)
I'll check out what givi has to offer as well.
tpulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:25 AM   #1974
Wobbleside
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Good to know about the racks. They do look a little weird, but function wins out for me ;)
I'll check out what givi has to offer as well.
Givi doesn't made a side case bracket because they manufactured the Ducati factory bags some years.
Wobbleside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 01:45 AM   #1975
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,492
Quote:
Have you checked out Strada Avventurosa? Bunch of ingenious ideas for adding function to the Multi 1000/1100, including bag mounts. Appear well executed, and reports have been good.

They are also working on bag mounts for the 1200.

Agree, that white 1100 looks great.

I like that Monster, too!
Old 12-22-2012, 08:29 AM   #1976
DJFlowe
Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moronic View Post
Have you checked out Strada Avventurosa? Bunch of ingenious ideas for adding function to the Multi 1000/1100, including bag mounts. Appear well executed, and reports have been good.

They are also working on bag mounts for the 1200.

Agree, that white 1100 looks great.

I like that Monster, too!
Thanks, Moronic.

And +1 on S-A's stuff. If I had it all to do over again, I'd go with his case mounts and a set of Pelican cases. I convinced myself I needed more space than the Pelicans could provide me, and I overestimated. Pricier than the rag-tag solution I came up with, but I think I would have been happier with it.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:03 PM   #1977
IKIGAI
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerdog53 View Post
I thought they went bankrupt.....

IKIGAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:47 AM   #1978
sportmotogear
Mr. Fancy Pants

Oddometer: 329
I read somewhere they were selling factory direct now with limited support dealers in Europe offering warranty service. I hope they pull out of the slump, I really like them

'09 Tuono
x- '05 Ducati ST3 stolen
x- '04 Tiger sold
x- '02 Daytona sold
x- '99 Sprint ST RIP
x- '95 Sprint RIP
sportmotogear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #1979
Sportenter
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Fantic Motorcycles

Riding in Kelowna B.C on the 2013 Fantic TR300ES.

Sportenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:17 PM   #1980
gybeman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportenter View Post
Riding in Kelowna B.C on the 2013 Fantic TR300ES.

You are from Burlington and riding that in BC ? Explain pls as I'm doing a BC trip after the winter.
Is it a GasGas underneath the Fantic bling ?
gybeman is offline   Reply With Quote