Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 05:50 AM   #2206
StuartV
Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLghtning View Post
So tbenzie, you are correct. The SMH5 doesn't have any 3 or 4 way conferencing ability on its own. I guess that is the biggest thing going for the SMH10 these days other than distance, battery, and MP3 port on the mount.

Don't discount the utility of the MP3 port. I found some fairly easy directions (if you can do simple soldering) on how to convert that MP3 port on the mount to a plug for earbuds. I bought another helmet clamp just so I can do that mod and then replace the helmet clamp I'm using now with that one.

I think it will be really convenient to have speakers in my helmet AND be able to use earbuds when I want. For short trips around town, I can use the speakers in the helmet and still be able to receive phone calls or listen to music if I want - without futzing with putting earbuds in and out. And then for real rides, I'll put my earbuds in to get that noise blocking and much better sound quality.
Racer, Drummer, Bassist, Software Engineer
StuartV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:01 AM   #2207
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartV View Post
Don't discount the utility of the MP3 port. I found some fairly easy directions (if you can do simple soldering) on how to convert that MP3 port on the mount to a plug for earbuds. I bought another helmet clamp just so I can do that mod and then replace the helmet clamp I'm using now with that one.

I think it will be really convenient to have speakers in my helmet AND be able to use earbuds when I want. For short trips around town, I can use the speakers in the helmet and still be able to receive phone calls or listen to music if I want - without futzing with putting earbuds in and out. And then for real rides, I'll put my earbuds in to get that noise blocking and much better sound quality.
That is pretty awesome and I totally agree with you. I have quite a few of the bases including the one with the earbud plug in on one of my helmets, but yeah it forces you to always use the the earbuds and that isn't always convenient around town. I really only like using that when I'm going on long trips, but then I'm forced to wear that helmet instead of my regular one. Plus I had one of the early bases where the earbud port was easy to break and I did. That MP3 port is built in so much more sturdy plugging in your headphones.

So have you done the mod yet? Do you mind linking the directions you found or PM'ing them to me. I would definitely be interested in trying that and I have like 4 of the regular bases, so I can try with one to see how it works.
Smugmug Pics - Save $5: Y2l43o9LVBERU
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:22 AM   #2208
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLghtning View Post
That is pretty awesome and I totally agree with you. I have quite a few of the bases including the one with the earbud plug in on one of my helmets, but yeah it forces you to always use the the earbuds and that isn't always convenient around town. I really only like using that when I'm going on long trips, but then I'm forced to wear that helmet instead of my regular one. Plus I had one of the early bases where the earbud port was easy to break and I did. That MP3 port is built in so much more sturdy plugging in your headphones.

So have you done the mod yet? Do you mind linking the directions you found or PM'ing them to me. I would definitely be interested in trying that and I have like 4 of the regular bases, so I can try with one to see how it works.
Well I found that it has been on the request list for Sena for awhile now (over a year) with lots of support. Such a shame Sena hasn't come out with this type of base plate combo as they'd probably sell a bunch of them. - http://support.senabluetooth.com/ent...#post_22813852

This guy shows how he added a headphone jack to his standard setup, but its not actually attached to the base, but rather to his helmet. - http://waggies.net/Ken/Sena/

This guy converted a speaker clamp to be a headphone jack by using the included MP3 port, but he didn't keep the speakers in the mix. One of the issues that comes up is the headphone jack has a 75ohm resister in the setup while the speaker one doesn't since headphones usually don't need as much power to get as loud - http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=828750
Smugmug Pics - Save $5: Y2l43o9LVBERU
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:58 AM   #2209
Dirt Diver
Dirty Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,060
Anyone connected to a Nokia Lumia 920 or equivalent Windows 8 phone yet?
01 VFR800 Sold and missed.
Adventurers like it dirty!
Dirt Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #2210
acejones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,654
Paging BlueLightening to the courtesy phone !!! Or anyone with an answer

I just installed my new SMH10b into my helmet. I using a Samsung Galaxy 3 and a Zumo 550. Everything seems to work pretty good except when I am listening to music from the Phone it is cutting in and out. Its almost like the circuit is looking for something. Its pretty annoying to the extent that listening to music just is a hassle.

HELP please !
Old 01-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #2211
TowPro
Healing time Sucks

Oddometer: 2,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejones View Post

I just installed my new SMH10b into my helmet. I using a Samsung Galaxy 3 and a Zumo 550. Everything seems to work pretty good except when I am listening to music from the Phone it is cutting in and out. Its almost like the circuit is looking for something. Its pretty annoying to the extent that listening to music just is a hassle.

HELP please !
Every once and I while I get that with my Crack Berry. Did you install the latest version of firmware on the SMH10? They don't always come with the newest software.

Setting the SMH10 back to factory defaults (directions in manual), remove the SHM10 pairing from the phone, then repairing everything can fix it.

PS: Anytime you upgrade the firmware, be SURE to start over again with factory settings as defined above.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:32 PM   #2212
acejones
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowPro View Post
Every once and I while I get that with my Crack Berry. Did you install the latest version of firmware on the SMH10? They don't always come with the newest software.

Setting the SMH10 back to factory defaults (directions in manual), remove the SHM10 pairing from the phone, then repairing everything can fix it.

PS: Anytime you upgrade the firmware, be SURE to start over again with factory settings as defined above.
Thanks,
I'll try that tomorrow.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:47 PM   #2213
Cataract2
Where to?

Oddometer: 1,288
Quote:
Thanks,
I'll try that tomorrow.
I'm using the Samsung Galaxy 3.6 media player. Had the same issue. I got the PowerAmp app to handle my music and it fixed the issue. Seems the stock player for the Galaxy blows. The PowerAmp app lets you adjust many tweaks like buffer levels and priority.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:29 PM   #2214
jeepinbanditrider
Dunkin Donuts Crasher

Oddometer: 1,126
Two days after shipping my SENA in a flat rate box they are already sending me another unit
jeepinbanditrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:35 PM   #2215
Oshiat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
They did the same when mine failed. Awesome service!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
Oshiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:13 AM   #2216
Cataract2
Where to?

Oddometer: 1,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinbanditrider View Post
Two days after shipping my SENA in a flat rate box they are already sending me another unit
Same here. I was surprised that they sent out the new stuff already. This is one of the reasons why I recommend them.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:06 AM   #2217
jeepinbanditrider
Dunkin Donuts Crasher

Oddometer: 1,126
This was on a unit that was 3 months away from warranty expiration. Glad to see they stand by that 2 year warranty
jeepinbanditrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:49 AM   #2218
slartidbartfast
Love those blue pipes

Oddometer: 4,736
Quote:

HELP please !
Mine will do that if I tap the jog dial as if to make a BT intercom connection. I think the unit then begins making repeated attempts to connect to another BT headset and pauses or drops the music channel briefly during each attempt. A tap on the jog dial to tell it do disconnect any intercom connections will fix it.
Summer 2008 UK End-to-End ride
slartidbartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #2219
acejones
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slartidbartfast View Post
Mine will do that if I tap the jog dial as if to make a BT intercom connection. I think the unit then begins making repeated attempts to connect to another BT headset and pauses or drops the music channel briefly during each attempt. A tap on the jog dial to tell it do disconnect any intercom connections will fix it.
That makes good sense. I think this really the issue.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #2220
acejones
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slartidbartfast View Post
Well I tried that and I thought the problem was solved........then it returned.