Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #10171
drgunther
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 337
It's 03:55 local time here, time to get some shut eye. See y'all tomorrow!
drgunther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:58 PM   #10172
ric678
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 866
Everybody must be watching football...Baltimore and Denver was a good game!! San Francisco and Green Bay is looking good too!!
Old 01-12-2013, 06:58 PM   #10173
Myway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,314

SALTA, ARGENTINA - JANUARY 12: Josefina Gardulski of Team Team Yamaha Chile takes a break after the stage from Salta to Tucuman was interupted by a flash flood during the 2013 Dakar Rally on January 12, 2012 in Salta, Argentina.

France's David Casteu gestures as he competes during Stage 8 of the Dakar Rally 2013 between Salta and Tucuman, Argentina, on January 12, 2013
Myway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:59 PM   #10174
amazing ricardo
Piste Off

Oddometer: 3,543
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ric678 View Post
Everybody must be watching football...Baltimore and Denver was a good game!! San Francisco and Green Bay is looking good too!!
suprcross is on teebee!
amazing ricardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #10175
ric678
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgunther View Post
It's 03:55 local time here, time to get some shut eye. See y'all tomorrow!
Off day..you can sleep in!!
Old 01-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #10176
8340SU
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,316

KTM rider Cyril Despres of France competes in the 2nd stage of the 2013 Dakar Rally in Pisco, Peru, Sunday, Jan. 6, 2013. The race finishes in Santiago, Chile, on Jan. 20. (AP Photo/Franck Fife, Pool)

PISCO, PERU - JANUARY 06: Rodrigo Illanes of team Tarapaca Rally competes during the stage from Pisco to Pisco on day two of the 2013 Dakar Rally on January 6, 2013 in Pisco, Peru. (Photo by Shaun Botterill/Getty Images)

Husqvarna rider Alessandro Botturi of Italy, falls from his motorcycle during the 3nd stage of the 2013 Dakar Rally from Pisco to Nazca, Peru, Monday, Jan. 7, 2013. The race finishes in Santiago, Chile, on Jan. 20. (AP Photo/Victor R. Caivano)

KTM pilots Norway's Pal Ullevalseter (R) and Portugal's Ruben Faria compete during the 3rd stage of the Dakar Rally 2013 from Pisco to Nazca January 7, 2013. REUTERS/Jacky Naegelen

KTM rider Jakub Przygonski of Poland, right, KTM rider Francisco Lopez of Chile, center, and KTM rider Henk Knuiman of The Netherlands, left, compete in the 3nd stage of the 2013 Dakar Rally from Pisco to Nazca, Peru, Monday, Jan. 7, 2013. The race finishes in Santiago, Chile, on Jan. 20. (AP Photo/Victor R. Caivano)

KTM rider Cyril Despres of France competes in the 3nd stage of the 2013 Dakar Rally from Pisco to Nazca, Peru, Monday, Jan. 7, 2013. The race finishes in Santiago, Chile, on Jan. 20. (AP Photo/Victor R. Caivano)

KTM's rider Cyril Despres of France competes during Stage 3 of the Dakar Rally 2013 between Pisco and Nazca, Peru, on January 7, 2013. The rally will take place in Peru, Argentina and Chile from January 5-20. FRANCK FIFE/AFP/Getty Images

PISCO, PERU - JANUARY 07: A Rider crosses the dunes during the stage from Pisco to Nazca on day three of the 2013 Dakar Rally on January 7, 2013 in Pisco, Peru. (Photo by Shaun Botterill/Getty Images)

Stephane Peterhanzel and Jean Paul Cottret, both of France, right, overtakes Yamaha rider Gustavo Querales Malave of Venezuela, left, during the 4nd stage of the 2013 Dakar Rally from Nazca to Arequipa, Peru, Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2013. The race finishes in Santiago, Chile, on Jan. 20. (AP Photo/Victor R. Caivano)

Husqvarna rider Paulo Goncalves of Portugal competes in the 4nd stage of the 2013 Dakar Rally from Nazca to Arequipa, Peru, Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2013. The race finishes in Santiago, Chile, on Jan. 20. (AP Photo/Victor R. Caivano)

Motorcyclists compete during the 6th stage of the Dakar Rally from Arica to Calama, January 10, 2013. Picture taken January 10, 2013. REUTERS/Jacky Naegelen

France's Olivier Pain rides his Yamaha bike during the 5th stage of the Dakar Rally from Arequipa in Peru to Arica in Chile, January 9, 2013. REUTERS/Jacky Naegelen

France's David Casteu rides his Yamaha bike during the 5th stage of the Dakar Rally from Arequipa in Peru to Arica in Chile, January 9, 2013. Picture taken January 9, 2013. REUTERS/Jacky Naegelen

France's Olivier Pain rides his Yamaha bike during the 5th stage of the Dakar Rally from Arequipa in Peru to Arica in Chile, January 9, 2013. REUTERS/Jacky Naegelen

Riders gather to fill their motorcycle tanks during the untimed 7th stage of the Dakar Rally 2013 from Calama to Salta, January 11, 2013. REUTERS/Ivan Alvarado

A support vehicle crashes on a road barrier at the highlands of Chile en route to the Jama border crossing during the untimed 7th stage of the Dakar Rally 2013 from Calama to Salta, January 11, 2013. REUTERS/Ivan Alvarado

An alpaca crosses the road as drivers wait in their vehicles on the highlands of Chile en route to the Jama border crossing during the untimed 7th stage of the 2013 Dakar Rally from Calama to Salta, January 11, 2013. REUTERS/Ivan Alvarado
8340SU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:01 PM   #10177
knybanjo
kinda slow

Oddometer: 22,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing ricardo View Post
suprcross is on teebee!

http://justin.tv/besweeet25
Old 01-12-2013, 07:29 PM   #10178
EKIN
Just Do It

Oddometer: 546
PackMule that call was one for the record books, very special. Very nice job with the questions. It was fantastic feeling the excitement in both of your voices.

Pyndon Congratulations Sir!

What a day!

Challenging Stage, Controversy, Conspiracy Theories, Leaders Lost, Floods, and the Firehose was wide open.

Absolute blast.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:35 PM   #10179
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,542
Looks like the firehose is just about done for the day....cya tomorrow

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:45 PM   #10180
Sylvia
vir sapit qui pauca loqui

Oddometer: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99 View Post

And on that note...

Brodovitch 634
PackMule 580
ric678 539
Bluebull2007 449
Flood 365
8340SU 354
too old 315
Stagehand 301
Dekatria 293
knybanjo 286
Drif10 284
Deadly99 270
troy safari carpente 250
drgunther 169
orlando_orange 157
ararat 156
EKIN 134
doyle 127
garfey 126
Carlos M 122

Sylvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:07 PM   #10181
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackMule View Post

Lyndon. Top 10. Interview.
Nice!@

Night friends... enjoy some sleep!
Old 01-12-2013, 08:14 PM   #10182
Flanny
Flanny-it-up!

Oddometer: 2,738
Caught a good glimpse of Patrick working on CDR's 450 on Eurosport - that was kind of neat.

One thing that I'd like to say, whether you like his racing strategies or not, or the way the camera catches his bandana in the morning light, is that Cyril Despres is NOT an Asshole (as was mentionned in an earlier post).

I had the opportunity to ride with him over the course of a long-weekend, had dinner and beers with him, chatted with him and his girlfriend over morning coffee, and just generally hung-out with him on the trail at rest stops and fuel stops and lunch stops.

All I can say is that if I didn't know he was an international motorcycle racing Alien, I wouldn't have known it by his demeanour. Completely unpretentious, generous with interesting conversation on other topics, and quick with humour - he was basically a good dude to hang with, as much so as any of the other buds I was hanging with that weekend (except he didn't slow us all down like most of my other buds do...ahem).

So, I wouldn't be so quick to judge the entire person, or his overall character by what you see in the media, or by whatever happens in the heat of a race. I don't understand why cheering for one person means you have to assisinate the character of another person based on what you see in of all places...on the internet!

Anyway...that's my $0.02 FWIT.

(BTW - I'm also not about to judge Marc Coma as an asshole either by what I see of his racing strategies, or of this public relations machine either...)

(rant off)

Hopefully I can get Pat to put a crow-bar in his schedule to call RallyRaidio tomorrow for some updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
And on that note...

Brodovitch 634
PackMule 580
ric678 539
Bluebull2007 449
Flood 365
8340SU 354
too old 315
Stagehand 301
Dekatria 293
knybanjo 286
Drif10 284
Deadly99 270
troy safari carpente 250
drgunther 169
orlando_orange 157
ararat 156
EKIN 134
doyle 127
garfey 126
Carlos M 122
Madness

Quote:
Looks like the f5irehose is just about done for the day....cya tomorrow

(fixed)

EMPTYF5IREHOSEGATE!!!

Have a good night guys - thanks to everyone for all of the mad updates and general craziness.
Flanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #10183
too old
Keen supporter

Oddometer: 2,337
Quote:

Ha Ha - some of us are starting a new day - Sunday here and first day of the working week -

Well, not too bad during our sleeping and US waking hours – well I mean only 45 mins. to catch up, but as ever eventful and reading the changing scene of information and speculation over a 6 hour period is fasciGATING
What is for sure though is that the speculation and on the ground rule review and decision making will thank this for being the rest day.

Rain – well, from personal experience and I am sure that of others also – you just do not take on a rising flood river, especially one in areas where you get flash floods from rain falling elsewhere – you can be half way across when you say hello to a wall of water and bye bye – you just don’t do it!
Sensibility and safety (as much as you can on the Dakar without affecting the event) needs to adopted here and the playing field needs to be considered level for all – but this is always going to spark controversy and discussion – Nasser for example seems to be benefiting from being an ASS and just f*****g up – he should pay the penalty for this not get away with it!
Anyhow as the day opens up it will all be confirmed as to what is going to happen and to who.

Engine swop – illegal? Well the ASO rep on the ground gave it the thumbs up – now they are going to look pretty dam stupid to now say “sorry we were wrong, you are f****d Cyril” not to mention the dusting off of the guillotine back home for whoever made the original decision.
Rules & contracts/agreements – well they are not really there to be broken or manipulated as are often the common thoughts, but they are to be interpreted with the events and circumstances that arise when not specifically covered within them and in a fair and reasonable manner within the intent of the overall document
Engine swop practical – well it was clearly written assuming that you could swop the engine – i.e in the bivouac when one was available – what they didn’t consider what would happen if you needed an engine change on the marathon day, when you couldn't swop it – well they they supposed you couldn’t, so up shit creek without the proverbial paddle.
Only they didn’t consider the resourcefulness of the event and that there could be an option?
Still, strictly not within the rules, but the circumstances may not have been either?!
Next year expect to see a new rule – “engine swop on Marathon day”
Rest day for us also – may get to the gym after work today, bloody need to after the last week, both the gut and the neck are begining to feel it.
Looking forward to the results of yesterday's chaos and certainly as to how the next days are going to develop - the last few Dakars - two riders within 10 mins or so - the third and hour back and the rest after that. We still (depending on any descions made today) have 17 within that first hour!

too old screwed with this post 01-13-2013 at 07:27 AM
too old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #10184
too old
Keen supporter

Oddometer: 2,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by ric678 View Post
Le Patron now at 24:26 behind with his 15min, If other top runners swap engines and he keeps that one makes it 9:26 with 6 stages left...plenty of days to make it up
Ric - anyone know why Helder got 15mins penalty - has he changed the HRC engine for one that uses less fuel
too old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #10185
YOGOI
Prick

Oddometer: 3,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanny View Post
Caught a good glimpse of Patrick working on CDR's 450 on Eurosport - that was kind of neat.

One thing that I'd like to say, whether you like his racing strategies or not, or the way the camera catches his bandana in the morning light, is that Cyril Despres is NOT an Asshole (as was mentionned in an earlier post).

I had the opportunity to ride with him over the course of a long-weekend, had dinner and beers with him, chatted with him and his girlfriend over morning coffee, and just generally hung-out with him on the trail at rest stops and fuel stops and lunch stops.

All I can say is that if I didn't know he was an international motorcycle racing Alien, I wouldn't have known it by his demeanour. Completely unpretentious, generous with interesting conversation on other topics, and quick with humour - he was basically a good dude to hang with, as much so as any of the other buds I was hanging with that weekend (except he didn't slow us all down like most of my other buds do...ahem).

So, I wouldn't be so quick to judge the entire person, or his overall character by what you see in the media, or by whatever happens in the heat of a race. I don't understand why cheering for one person means you have to assisinate the character of another person based on what you see in of all places...on the internet!

Anyway...that's my $0.02 FWIT.

(BTW - I'm also not about to judge Marc Coma as an asshole either by what I see of his racing strategies, or of this public relations machine either...)

(rant off)

Hopefully I can get Pat to put a crow-bar in his schedule to call RallyRaidio tomorrow for some updates.

Have a good night guys - thanks to everyone for all of the mad updates and general craziness.
That's awesome!!! I figure the bashing is just in good fun for most. But man, when everyone's jump'n on the bandwagon it sure gets old quick.

04 950 GO!!!!! 2011 250 XC 89 Transalp 69 350 CL 04 225 XT

08 450 XC-F SOLD to a good home
YOGOI is offline   Reply With Quote