Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 503 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 04:09 AM   #28171
bgoodwin
Got Parelli?

Oddometer: 1,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopHawk View Post
Thats my next 45. how do you like it. the guy had 2 in his store and 2 days later I went back, they both were sold. waiting on him to get some more.
Always thought I'd like a 1911...I was right. First single action semi auto I've ever owned, very impressed with it so far.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

"Take the time it takes, it WILL take less time"

"Listen guys...the only way to insure a successful prosecution...is if I get away" - Me to Al Goodwin and DeBandi
bgoodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:33 AM   #28172
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by theothersean View Post
for those on a budget that have to shoot at only paper targets here is a cheap way to make " shoot n see targets " rather than paying a buck a piece for them , and they are reusable .

material list

cardboard ( empty beer or soda box or anyother free cardboard you have laying around to recycle ) cut it into the shape you want , I make them into silloetts

flouressent or white spray paint
black spray paint
clear packing tape

instructions

1 spray the cardboard with the bright colored paint and let it dry

2 cover the whole thing with clear tape, over lap the seams slightly so that the 1st coat of paint is completely sealed

3 spray the tape with the black paint and let dry
:
4 shoot at it , your bullet holes will crack the tape revealing the colored bullet hole . to reuse , simply cover each hole with a piece of clear tape and respray it black , this can be done in the field .

here are 2 , the black one was shot with 410 bird shot and the white one with pistol rounds . you can also play around with multi colors in the base layer , like adding red or pink to " vital " spots

for comparison there is a store bought "shoot -n -c " target stuck to the home made version

happy shooting
Thanks!

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:01 AM   #28173
Medicine Creek

Oddometer: 9,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius View Post
Thanks!
Medicine Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:02 AM   #28174
Medicine Creek

Oddometer: 9,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoodwin View Post
Picked up one of these a few days ago, damn fine shooting pistol.

sweet. i dig the look of it.
Medicine Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:53 AM   #28175
theothersean
dirty boy

Oddometer: 936
I have also experimented with using the brightly colored side of the cardboard like empty beer boxes and skipping the 1st paint step , only cover with tape and put the contrasting top coat . It works well as long as the under layer is a bright color . otherwise you are better to paint it .
04 prairie 700 (plow duty)
theothersean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:00 AM   #28176
theothersean
dirty boy

Oddometer: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttpete View Post
If you're going to paint it anyway, why not take a favorite target, cut it out, and glue it to a piece of hardboard. Cut that out, and use the outer part as a stencil you lay on a piece of paper, then spray paint on it to print any number of targets you want. Just buy a roll of heavy kraft paper to make the targets from.
the idea is to put clear tape on the target and paint it, making a shoot n see target , the painted tape will crack when hit , revealing the different color underneath so you can see your shots easier .

it is the cheaper home made version of these

http://sport.birchwoodcasey.com/Targ...7-beb4f8980d48
also this is a way to reuse cardboard laying around the house and not have to buy it to make the targets. May as well get a second use out of it before it gets discarded .
04 prairie 700 (plow duty)
theothersean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:28 PM   #28177
skysailor
Rat Rider

Oddometer: 3,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoodwin View Post
Picked up one of these a few days ago, damn fine shooting pistol.

Sure like mine!

skysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:05 PM   #28178
AlanCT
The Byronic Man

Oddometer: 3,307
I am thinking of deflowering my new C&R FFL by getting a Walther P1. This will be a fun gun mainly for plinking and simple pleasure of ownership, but home defense capable if needed.

I've been doing my homework and reading extensively about them, but I figured someone here must have one and could tell me his impressions.
IBA #23064
AlanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:40 PM   #28179
petepuma
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 325
At. Local gun show here in Colorado springs today. A DPMS flatop AR....price tag....$3500.....:eek:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-13-2013, 04:59 PM   #28180
FatChance
Road Captain

Oddometer: 10,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by petepuma View Post
At. Local gun show here in Colorado springs today. A DPMS flatop AR....price tag....$3500.....:eek:

If I wouldn't have lost it in the boating accident, Lord knows what I could have gotten for my Larue!

- Calculated risk or forbidden fruit?
FatChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:37 PM   #28181
andy29847
Dirt Road Rider

Oddometer: 2,055
Walther P-1

Quote:
I am thinking of deflowering my new C&R FFL by getting a Walther P1. This will be a fun gun mainly for plinking and simple pleasure of ownership, but home defense capable if needed.

I've been doing my homework and reading extensively about them, but I figured someone here must have one and could tell me his impressions.
I have a P-1. I have had it for several years. Mine was a new, never issued, police gun. It came with 2 magazines, a cleaning kit, and a holster. I am surprised to learn that it is a relic. It shoots like a modern gun. The only issue I have is that the gun shoots 4" low and 2" left at 10 yards. The low part can be corrected by changing the front sight - they actually come in 5 different heights. The left part isn't as easy to fix - the rear sight is not adjustable. I guess I could move it some with a hammer and punch, but I have chosen to just aim a little to the right. Oh yeah, the brass ejects up and back. Button your collar before shooting.
ABC#8350
IBA#7647,
Trenton, SC
Smugmug coupon code = bQItjZEfrqLkI
MOAB Ride Report
andy29847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:07 AM   #28182
4Skins
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 466
Step aside boys, here's a real gun

Seen at a New Zealand Army base a couple of weeks ago. Property of the Singapore Army who are down here in a training exercise.

Or perhaps you prefer a tank

They come down here because the range of these guns is bigger that the size of their country.

4Skins screwed with this post 01-14-2013 at 12:12 AM
4Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:05 AM   #28183
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 13,941
OH sure, but let's see them conceal carry it.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:31 AM   #28184
mikegc
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel Garcia O'Kely View Post
Went to shoot the Hi Power again yesterday - took a rest and managed to get it tolerably sighted in for 25 yards and was able to hit the Elk steel sillouette at 250 yards on the 3rd shot.

Several thoughts:

1. I'm going to have to find a gunsmith to take the magazine safety off, it's just too rough a pull when shooting freehand, it's got to go. On the rest I'm tolerably accurate.

After living in CA for so many years, I really forgot how much fun it is to go to the range and shoot - I always amuse myself with a lot of .22's as well, cheap to shoot and easier on the ears. Shot my Mark I as well for the first time in years - nearly forgot how much fun that one is, but what a pain loading the magazines is - makes the revolver a lot more fun.
You can do it yourself. Go to http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=133740 and see how it's done. I did it to my Hi Power several years ago. As for loading mags, you might try an Uplula loader, http://www.maglula.com/PistolMagLoad...45ACPmags.aspx. They're fast and you won't have a sore thumb at the end of the day.

I hope this helps.

Mike

Duty- Honoring a Friend
mikegc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:33 AM   #28185
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by petepuma View Post

I went to the one in KC again....remembered to pick up my surplus pants and shirt for $10....they are great outside work pants and shirts.

The funny thing I saw was the AK people, this time two scribbled out prices this time $1300 for a century AK pattern rifle....6 months ago they sold for $600....and these people (more than one) did not even make a new price sticker, just scribble out the old price.

Only "black rifle" I saw that I might be intrested in was a nice FAL that the guy wanted $3k for....only saving grace was it was not a fraken-fal from century....I told the guy he had a nice rifle, but the mouth breathers looking for AR's would not know what it even was...he agreed, but that was WAY out of my price range....There was also a CETME with wood for $600....that was tempting....for some stupid reason I want one of those.

I did buy another 1903 Colt....it was once black....does that count?
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: