Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 03:28 AM   #76
ktmdude2002
Lost in transition

Oddometer: 63
I've tried a couple dozen times and still can't get the Paypal link??? I can mail a check though.....
Old 01-08-2013, 03:35 AM   #77
ktmdude2002
Lost in transition

Oddometer: 63
Never mind......the 25th time was the charm. I'm in!
Old 01-08-2013, 06:11 AM   #78
JumpJet
Looking for Alpha

Oddometer: 1,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmdude2002 View Post
I've tried a couple dozen times and still can't get the Paypal link??? I can mail a check though.....
PM'd you.
1) Stop trying to save the world
2) Eat more Bacon
JumpJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:15 AM   #79
JumpJet
Looking for Alpha

Oddometer: 1,072
I don't want to turn this wonderful ADV Rally thread into a paypal support thread so ....

I've recreated the button code and re-posted it as suggested on the Paypal forum. Hopefully this will resolve the issues

If you have any issues with the new button, please PM me. Preferably after the first attempt. I'll delve into it at that time. I travel sometimes on business and check out totally on some weekends, so I apologize in advance for any slow responses on my part.

Thanks to all who had to endure multiple attempts to get their payment through.

Look forward to seeing everyone at the rally.
1) Stop trying to save the world
2) Eat more Bacon
JumpJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #80
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 31,819
I shall register via the good old fashioned way, snail mail..no camping for me at this time..I wanna be able to get away from all y'alls narrow ass'es if need be!
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:29 PM   #81
jgas
Stoogely Adventurerer

Oddometer: 843
I shall register the really old fashioned way: Do nothing, show up, and attempt to bum electricity from someone else! I'll bring my little propane heater just in case I get caught plugging my cord into the biggest fanciest trailer in the campground. Been caught before but they never think to just take my cord, thereby insuring that there's no real downside for the theft. Who cares who yells "Electricty Thief" in a crowded campground?.

Ok, truth is my little ugly 5x10 trailer made in the 1950s with my raggedy bikes makes the moneyed elite feel sorry for me and they usually just donate some electricty. Or I just show on a bike so overloaded with camping gear, no truck or trailer, and they invite me inside their fancy motorcoach. They don't want to feel guilty watching me unpack 500lbs of camping gear from a 290lb bike and set it up, but they also don't really want to offer help. Perhaps they simply don't want to feel obligated to dig my unmarked grave if I'm found dead in my cold tent in the morning? Do they think that charity is better than digging with a shovel for a dead stranger anytime? I hope so.

Ah, the wonder of the charity of others more fortunate! One of the mysteries of the universe I suppose. Perhaps it may all be explained in the afterlife.

Or I could stay in a hotel. Anyone got a spare peice of floor in a hotel that you booked for 2 when you really knew that you had 6? I'll sleep in the tub, no whining from me. Just please don't do what I'm beginning to think has been done on purpose, turn on the cold shower, turn off the bathroom lights, and leave quickly and jump back in your warm bed before I can see who you are. I hate getting blasted in the face by a cold shower stream and then having to pack up a wet sleeping bag before the morning ride starts. Small price to pay for bumming a free hotel room I guess. No vindictiveness here! No need to watch your back!

Who's leading the "Hero" singletrack loops? I need to talk to you whoever you are.

Jeff.
-DRZ 400, GasGas 275, Klein, zero cc.
jgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:21 AM   #82
Krabill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgas View Post

Who's leading the "Hero" singletrack loops? I need to talk to you whoever you are.

Jeff.
I'm sure I'll be leading something like that. What's your question?
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:49 PM   #83
DirtyDog OP
Lust for dust.

Oddometer: 7,536
SPY REPORT:

SLAP2013 will have a band on Saturday night. No, it won't be a drunk Polack singing Lady Gaga accompanied by acoustic guitars... we hope.

Stay tuned for details.
-DustyRags
DirtyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:48 AM   #84
C-Rad
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Tire choice for rally

Question about tire choices for the SLAP. I will be on a 2011 KLR. I just got a Michelin T63 rear tire. Gonna mount it today. depnding on how long it last i may be still on it for the SLAP. I did just find a deal and got 4 off road MX tires for 20 bucks off craiglist. I am more interested in dirt riding trail etc... Would it be wise to put on strictly dirt MX tires. They are not DOT and not sure if getting to the trails requires some paved riding. Dont figure it would matter much if it is just some quick jaunts on pavement to get to the trails. Plan on trailoring the bike up so I would be putting these tires on just for the SLAP.
C-Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:02 AM   #85
DirtyDog OP
Lust for dust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammca View Post
Question about tire choices for the SLAP. I will be on a 2011 KLR. I just got a Michelin T63 rear tire. Gonna mount it today. depnding on how long it last i may be still on it for the SLAP. I did just find a deal and got 4 off road MX tires for 20 bucks off craiglist. I am more interested in dirt riding trail etc... Would it be wise to put on strictly dirt MX tires. They are not DOT and not sure if getting to the trails requires some paved riding. Dont figure it would matter much if it is just some quick jaunts on pavement to get to the trails. Plan on trailoring the bike up so I would be putting these tires on just for the SLAP.
The T63s will be fine. If they still have tread by May, then don't bother changing them. That's 4 months from now though...
-DustyRags
Old 01-14-2013, 09:21 AM   #86
C-Rad
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog View Post
The T63s will be fine. If they still have tread by May, then don't bother changing them. That's 4 months from now though...
No doubt the T-63s would be great. I have only changed the rear to the T63. I figure the front will need changed by the time the rally is here. "If" the rear lasts Ill keep it on. If they both need to be swapped by the time of the rally I was thinkin of putting on the MX tires. Might do this regardless. During the rally, Im more concerned with how much pavement I may have to be on to get to the trails or is it dirt from the start to wherever, or will I have to take some pavement to get to wherever some of these group rides are. I have never been to Byrds or white rock area. I am really interested in the trail stuff. I know the area has great paved routes but I figure I can hit the pavement anytime.

Thanks
Old 01-14-2013, 09:39 AM   #87
Krabill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,638
You really don't have to hit much pavement at all as most of the trails around the entire area are interconnected and there are certainly places to start within a mile or two of pavement to get you to others. There are also trails that start right at Byrds that can lead you to the same places with nothing more than crossing a paved road. It will just depend on who you're following and where they want to go.

The only place you might like to go that would involve any pavement at all would be the Oark Cafe to get some pie, and that's only about 10 miles from Byrds
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:34 AM   #88
rustynut2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 455
Going to miss the ride into White Rock. That was part of the fun, getting away from traffic.
Unless you're driving that pick-up from last year with the flat tires

12 T800XC
09 KLR 650

rustynut2 screwed with this post 01-14-2013 at 10:39 AM
rustynut2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:38 AM   #89
DirtyDog OP
Lust for dust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustynut2 View Post
Going to miss the ride into White Rock. That was part of the fun, getting away from traffic.
Unless you're driving that pick-up from last year with the flat tires
I had one flat. Newner had two.

When we decided to move it to Byrd's, the roads were still closed and/or in disrepair. I don't know the current road conditions, but it is likely to only get worse with spring rains...

Having it at Byrd's (off the hwy) allows us to recapture the company of the street crowd and people with RVs or trailers that couldn't manage the roads to White Rock. Plus- the amenities and opportunities at Byrd's are way better.
-DustyRags
Old 01-14-2013, 01:22 PM   #90
C-Rad
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabill View Post
You really don't have to hit much pavement at all as most of the trails around the entire area are interconnected and there are certainly places to start within a mile or two of pavement to get you to others. There are also trails that start right at Byrds that can lead you to the same places with nothing more than crossing a paved road. It will just depend on who you're following and where they want to go.

The only place you might like to go that would involve any pavement at all would be the Oark Cafe to get some pie, and that's only about 10 miles from Byrds
Thanks for the info Krabill, and all the others that shed some light. Well too soon to tell I guess really, whatever sneakers are on the bike when I get there is what Ill run. I have done some pretty nasty trails with just the stock tires and have had some people say Im crazy for 1. taking a KLR on some of the trails 2. the bike is too heavy for anything but gravel roads. I guess Im just stubborn. I just take certain sections of trails slower than what could be done faster on a lighter more dirt oriented bike I guess. Not knowing how another bike would feel on the same trails Ive ridden is probably the saving grace for the ignorance I have. Im just gonna drop to a 14tooth counter and make sure I got some good tread. tools to fix what I break, hopefully nothing and tag along with some folks with similar riding interests.

Aside from the catered meals, what does everyone usually bring? Tent, no brainer. I assume its a communal bonfire? is beverage provided in the price of registration or is it wise to BYOB. Im trailoring the bike in so plenty of room for whatever I need to bring. So looking forward to this.