Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 08:47 PM   #15406
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 15,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domromer View Post
Can anyone speak to the passenger accommodations on the s10 vs the strom?
My wife mainly said she feels higher up on the Tenere. I do use an Airhawk
for the passenger too. Out of the Strom, FJR and Tenere she likes the Tenere best.
She like the Strom over the FJR.
pluric is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:56 PM   #15407
Specterx
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
Pretty neat, are the contents accessible with it on the bike?
Unfortunately no. But it will be easy to detach. I am going to use a cargo strap with a cambuckle on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Specterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:15 AM   #15408
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Specterx View Post
Unfortunately no. But it will be easy to detach. I am going to use a cargo strap with a cambuckle on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
I would be really leary about putting anything like a cargo strap and buckle anywhere near the wheel; or a box that close to the wheel.

It doesn't take much to spit it into the wheel and that's a bad day.

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:23 AM   #15409
Arktus
on XTzy!

Oddometer: 90
I don´t kow, if this has been postet yet.
Very nice to see the S10 is liked by cycle world.

http://www.cycleworld.com/ten_best_b...st-bikes-2012/

Greetz

Arktus

Now playing: Yamaha XT 1200 Z Super Ténéré, Legendary XRV750 Africa Twin RD07
Arktus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:57 AM   #15410
creggur
There are no curves here.

Oddometer: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareengodiablo View Post
I'm 6'3" and am getting buffeted beyond recognition by both the stock screen and then by a 26" parabellum that I shelled out good money for (ouch!). I'm still trying to find a solution before I scrap the screen entirely, but it'd nice to have something to keep the arctic breeze at bay. I am considering getting a bracket (wasp, madstadt) to see if I can make either work better. Even though the parabellum is correctly sized for me, it just seems too damn big... Any taller riders with any thoughts on other screens or bracket solutions ? I saw a cool looking smoked puig mid-size screen but am not finding it in the US...what do people think on wasp vs. madstadt?

Thanks in advance--Russell
I'm 6' and the stock screen in either factory position felt like someone was playing paradiddles on my head with a pair of framing hammers. It was literally teeth-rattling.

Ended up with a CalSci shorty leaned back a little with the Madstad bracket. Problem solved - it wouldn't help you with reducing wind blast though - there's plenty of that with my configuration - but it's smooth air now.
Originally Posted by scottie boy View Post
If you calculated the money spent versus time actually used, vaginas cost more per hour than the space shuttle.
creggur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:00 AM   #15411
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specterx View Post
thought I would share this projector I am working on. Got an otterbox 3500 case from amazon for $26 and made a bracket for it. The nylon strap is just for the pictures. I am going to use a nylon strap that has a clamp or D-ring on the end of it. It clears the rear tire by about 2/3 of an inch. The case is nice. It is waterproof and comes with a thin layer of foam lining on the inside.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1133986...eat=directlink

Just as a suggestion. Otter box does make a product with an opening end lid.
It's not the same volume as what you have there, but access would be easier
and would also give a little room cushion. Could bolt to your bracket so
strap flopping would be a non issue as well.

Yes they make it in black. For well known reasons I went with yellow.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:51 AM   #15412
crazyjeeper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 373
Quote:
I'm 6'3" and am getting buffeted beyond recognition by both the stock screen and then by a 26" parabellum that I shelled out good money for (ouch!). I'm still trying to find a solution before I scrap the screen entirely, but it'd nice to have something to keep the arctic breeze at bay. I am considering getting a bracket (wasp, madstadt) to see if I can make either work better. Even though the parabellum is correctly sized for me, it just seems too damn big... Any taller riders with any thoughts on other screens or bracket solutions ? I saw a cool looking smoked puig mid-size screen but am not finding it in the US...what do people think on wasp vs. madstadt?

I'm 6'5" and I run a cal-sci x-large on a touratech adjustable bracket with the screen all of the way up and back, and the accessory wind deflectors and it works great. No buffeting at all at any speed. Now it is of course a barn door but the touratech bracket is pretty solid and it really doesn't shake much at all. I also have a madstad bracket but I can't say I'm a fan. It was impossible to get it to stay in place with the giant screen and it also holds the screen out from the bike considerably more than the touratech. This is my config.

Old 01-13-2013, 02:04 PM   #15413
Old Git Ray
Now retired...YeeHaa

Oddometer: 1,274
Quote:

Nobody has mentioned an MRA screen yet. Matched with a Waspworks adjuster the possibilities are endless. The flip on the MRA disrupts the blast and flips most of it over your head.

The adjuster allows the screen to be lowered for off road or hot weather.

I am nothing like your height (5' 10") but I also have a long torso, that of a man of about 6' - 6' 2".

Old 01-13-2013, 02:12 PM   #15414
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

You are to brackets what Jaumev is to stickers.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:15 PM   #15415
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,261
I think its time to get an adjustment bracket for the windshield. I hate the stock setup.

Anyone have a used one of any make? Where is the Waspworks one listed, I don't see it on their site?

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:34 PM   #15416
fredz43
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
I think its time to get an adjustment bracket for the windshield. I hate the stock setup.

Anyone have a used one of any make? Where is the Waspworks one listed, I don't see it on their site?
Last I heard, Wasp wasn't making his brackets anymore. Madstadt makes one, though.
fredz43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #15417
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 8,891
I've got Tobinators on mine. They make it very easy to adjust the windshield even while riding.

http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/mot...e/8110002.html
twinrider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:13 PM   #15418
DaFoole
Born Again Asshole..

Oddometer: 3,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by william42 View Post
my passenger disiked the strom. She loves the tenere. She says she has more room and it is easier to get on and off. Ymmv.
+1
Old 01-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #15419
sleepyOwl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,219
But can it REALLY replace a Multi 1200

I've got my eye on this beauty.

I love the looks of this machine but then I like the fuglystrada. All of my riding is tarmac with the Fugly. 90% two up. I am worried after studying forums etc that this may be underpowered for long distance two up riding. I know I (we) need a test ride to work this out and I know it isnt going to be like the Multi. However in some circumstances the Multi is too quick as my better half gets caught out when I'm overtaking as she cant see past my helmet.

Any two up riders gone from the Multi to the Ten and have opinions on the power?

Oh..and will I look a complete knob riding a Worldcrosser on the road??

Much appreciated

Everything is Amazing and No one is Happy

sleepyOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #15420
William42
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,337
I think you need a test ride. That is what convinced me to trade in the FJR on the XT. About half of the riding on the XT is two up. The XT does not have the power the FJR has but it has more than enough for us.