ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Latin America
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 08:05 PM   #1
chilango13 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
chilango13's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 175
Trip to Brazil Question

I plan on making the Soccer (Futbol) World Cup in Sao Paolo, Brazil starting on the 12th of June 2014. My question is,,,approximately how many days does a trip like that take. I don't plan on doing any sight seeing on the way down, I will be riding a 2012 650 V-strom...Thanks! Roman
chilango13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
chilango13 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
chilango13's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilango13 View Post
I plan on making the Soccer (Futbol) World Cup in Sao Paolo, Brazil starting on the 12th of June 2014. My question is,,,approximately how many days does a trip like that take. I don't plan on doing any sight seeing on the way down, I will be riding a 2012 650 V-strom...Thanks! Roman

Anyone? I know this sounds like a dumb question. I only have 6 weeks for this trip. I will be leaving my bike there and returning for it the next summer.
chilango13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:02 PM   #3
markharf
Studly Adventurer
 
markharf's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Bellingham, Washington
Oddometer: 557
Since you ask....

There are a couple of reasons no one's answering. One is that your question is asked fairly often, and some of us get weary of answering the same question repeatedly when you could easily do a site search on your own.

Another reason is that you're asking the equivalent of "How long is a piece of string?" Realistic answers from experienced riders will tend to begin and end with "It depends...." because it does, in fact, depend on a variety of factors. You can make it in 6 weeks if you push hard, stick to the main routes, and have no major breakdowns or accidents (and have no particular interest in doing much besides ride every day)...which is another way of saying, "it depends."

A third reason is that you say "a trip like that," but fail to state where you're starting.

Hope that's helpful.

Mark
markharf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #4
chilango13 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
chilango13's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by markharf View Post
Since you ask....

There are a couple of reasons no one's answering. One is that your question is asked fairly often, and some of us get weary of answering the same question repeatedly when you could easily do a site search on your own.

Another reason is that you're asking the equivalent of "How long is a piece of string?" Realistic answers from experienced riders will tend to begin and end with "It depends...." because it does, in fact, depend on a variety of factors. You can make it in 6 weeks if you push hard, stick to the main routes, and have no major breakdowns or accidents (and have no particular interest in doing much besides ride every day)...which is another way of saying, "it depends."

A third reason is that you say "a trip like that," but fail to state where you're starting.

Hope that's helpful.

Mark
Thanks Mark. It was a "dumb" question! I know three weeks is pushing it, since I'm starting from Los Angeles. I guess I will just fly there and make the motorcycle trip to Brazil with ample time in the future to acutally enjoy the Ride.

Thanks Again,

Roman
chilango13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:58 AM   #5
luciosiq
Gnarly Adventurer
 
luciosiq's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Santos - Brazil
Oddometer: 378
I hate to use the word "impossible". But, in my opinion, three weeks are just not enough even if you push hard.
I know a couple of riders who have done it (Miami to Sao Paulo) in 40 days - but, as Mark said, it was just riding hard every day. No time for breakdowns, having a beer, talking to people etc.
Take care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilango13 View Post
Thanks Mark. It was a "dumb" question! I know three weeks is pushing it, since I'm starting from Los Angeles. I guess I will just fly there and make the motorcycle trip to Brazil with ample time in the future to acutally enjoy the Ride.

Thanks Again,

Roman
__________________
Lucio & Paula
2UP From New York to Brazil
luciosiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:15 AM   #6
chilango13 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
chilango13's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by luciosiq View Post
I hate to use the word "impossible". But, in my opinion, three weeks are just not enough even if you push hard.
I know a couple of riders who have done it (Miami to Sao Paulo) in 40 days - but, as Mark said, it was just riding hard every day. No time for breakdowns, having a beer, talking to people etc.
Take care.
Thanks!!...this trip will be made when I retire, eight years from now...thanks for the reality check!!

Roman
chilango13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014