ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 08:07 PM   #8371
MikeCaz
2003 F650GS

Oddometer: 41
I was all saddle up and ready to roll Saturday night, then I got a touch of the flew and hardly slept. I was fully dressed Sunday morning and had to give it up due to coughing! Hate when I don't get to ride on the weekend! Hope ya all had a safe one! I may do this ride next weekend if all goes as planned.

MikeC
Old 01-13-2013, 08:13 PM   #8372
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

Oddometer: 3,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ TOM View Post
They are probably still out there froze solid in some canyon
Almost frozen, it was only me, they stood me up but i don't blam no one for not riding today it was really freezing. I waited till 9:10am & took off for a spin in Buckhorn wash rd and come back to my truck ~12:30. When i left it was 27deg. when i came back to my truck it was 42. Not the best day to ride unless ur paid to do it....
Old 01-13-2013, 09:00 PM   #8373
Kevinsterner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR650SEDDY View Post
Almost frozen, it was only me, they stood me up but i don't blam no one for not riding today it was really freezing. I waited till 9:10am & took off for a spin in Buckhorn wash rd and come back to my truck ~12:30. When i left it was 27deg. when i came back to my truck it was 42. Not the best day to ride unless ur paid to do it....
Glad you made the trip. I had no intentions on riding today, but I did mention it to my wife. I woke up at 7 am and we had no water do to frozen pipes. She said your not going riding until I have water. Well we got water at around 10. but like I said, I had no intention of riding today any way
1981 Honda 750 F,1972 Yamaha 250, 1971 Hodaka
you can't fix stupid.
Kevinsterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:52 AM   #8374
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR650SEDDY View Post
Like I said only the toughest, strongest riders will do this ride & I was right. Helmets off to Eddy
AZ TOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:10 AM   #8375
Creeker747
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 225
Quote:
Like I said only the toughest, strongest riders will do this ride & I was right. Helmets off to Eddy
I think I have found a guy who could ride with Eddy. Here's a pic of his last ride:

Creeker747 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:13 AM   #8376
Stumpalump
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinsterner View Post
Glad you made the trip. I had no intentions on riding today, but I did mention it to my wife. I woke up at 7 am and we had no water do to frozen pipes. She said your not going riding until I have water. Well we got water at around 10. but like I said, I had no intention of riding today any way
I had the same problem and we left the water running in the kitchen and bathroom. It thawed so last night I left it running harder and its still froze. I think it's getting colder than 27. And what freaking idiots in our government would let outside exposed plumbing pass for code! Dumb fucks. Arizona is a glorified Arkansas. I take that back. I lived in Arkansas and it had way better government.
KTM 200 EXC.
XR400
Stumpalump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #8377
Yellowdatsun
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Just saw this thread on here. I apologize for not going back and reading a 559 pages, so if I say something dumb please forgive me.

I recently picked up a low mile 2009 KLR650. Bone stock, and in great shape. I always wanted one since the new fairing came out in 2008, and the week before christmas, the stars aligned, and I stumbled on this one by accident.

I used to have a 1998 that was all kitted out, back in the 2003-2005 era. Loved it, but had no one to ride with, so I sold it. Just after I sold it my buddy bought a Gen 1 KLR, and I've been kicking myself ever since then that I got rid of it. The bike had everything too, windshield, heated grips, for brace, Corbin dished seat, trunk, saddle racks and Covercraft bags, highway pegs, and all the maintenance items like the switch bypass, carb vent, and doohickey.

Some items I will be doing on my Gen 2 bike, but for the time being at least I won't be going all out like the old one. I'm also afraid because this one is so pretty, not the tank like the old bike.

Anyways, I've been looking to meet fellow riders, so hopefully me and my buddy (who thankfully still has his KLR) can join you guys either on a run or at the meeting spot.

Also, we ride MX/trail bikes too, so is there anyone who also does that? I've got a CRF450X. Would be nice to find some MX riders as well. We're 38, and not pro's by any means, just want to have a good time.
Yellowdatsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #8378
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowdatsun View Post

Anyways, I've been looking to meet fellow riders, so hopefully me and my buddy (who thankfully still has his KLR) can join you guys either on a run or at the meeting spot.

They're always guys that goes on good rides fitted for mid size enduro bike 450/650cc or so you just have to keep watching the forum now & then.

Quote:
Also, we ride MX/trail bikes too, so is there anyone who also does that? I've got a CRF450X. Would be nice to find some MX riders as well. We're 38, and not pro's by any means, just want to have a good time
For that matter u can always look up Nightstalker he's the coolest guy ever but his rides sucks, just jockin', he always throw single tracks ride, hard core exploring stuff or ride to this effect that mostly suited for smaller cc engines. If u commit for one of his ride then u must hit the gym a week before u go .
Here his site too. NSRides.com
Old 01-14-2013, 10:25 AM   #8379
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeker747 View Post
I think I have found a guy who could ride with Eddy. Here's a pic of his last ride:

Oh yeah that dude for BC, Canada, no thanks i left that country 19 years ago never to go back. Brrrrrrrrrrrr. There's nothing like sunny AZ.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #8380
Yellowdatsun
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Thanks for the NS Rides link, I'll have to get ahold of those guys sometime. Looks like my kinds of places, and my kinds of bikes.
Yellowdatsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #8381
DurtKlod
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,314
Hey that'd be great to get to go out with some other fellow KLRians. Once it warms up a bit, we'll see if we can't put something together. What side of town do you live on?
Old 01-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #8382
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,584
KLRians.[/QUOTE]

I like it. Yamahaians Hondaians Hey if your home this week lets do Parker for lunch on Thurs?
AZ TOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #8383
DurtKlod
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,314
Quote:
Hey if your home this week lets do Parker for lunch on Thurs?
I am finally back home. I did my last Connecticut trip last week. However, now I've got several weeks worth of field work to catch up with so the shackles aren't off just yet.

DurtKlod screwed with this post 01-14-2013 at 07:00 PM
DurtKlod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:38 PM   #8384
mefadv
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by mefadv View Post
This stuff will be waiting for you in Wickenburg on Saturday...

Told Ya.... this is what Wickenburg has to offer on Saturday... Even colder today ! ! !
mefadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:05 PM   #8385
scottcolbath
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinsterner View Post
I was out Saturday morning at 05:00 with the heat gun, thawing my pipes. I forgot to open a few faucets. I did remember Saturday night, even down at the barn, and the barn water line still froze.

S.C.
scottcolbath is offline   Reply With Quote