Coast to Coast (and back?) with an Italian Supermodel

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by AntiHero, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Sgt93

Sgt93 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    +1, great shot.
  2. tcuguy

tcuguy Tito

Oddometer:
    +Thrice
  3. NoSoup4U

NoSoup4U Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Incredible picture! They posted this on Ducati Facebook. Rightfully so! Hope you got compensated AH:)
  4. Lolodesiles

Lolodesiles Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ok, but i mean "do you have enough range" with your bike?

i guess you don't have a gas station every 10 miles like in my small country :rofl
  5. 02Deuce

02Deuce Where next?

Oddometer:
    AH, I came across your Ride Report back in November. I knew from the first page it was going to be epic. So I stretched it out and read a few pages every few days, savoring it like a fine meal. And here I'm catching up just as you near the end this most excellent adventure.

I've written down quotes and posted a few on Facebook for friends. I've forwarded links to various pages of this RR to biker and non-biker friends that appreciate great writing, fine food, and superb B&B's. Heck, I've saved links to a fair number of whole pages of your RR in my Favorites due to your pictures and thoughts, as well as the educational contributions from the other inmates of this institution!

So I want to thank you for... well, Thanks For Everything in this Ride Report. I have been looking at my past and worrying about my future for a while now, and this has energized me to start hunting, and catching, my dreams.

My wish is that your future continues to be huge! I suspect it will be!
  6. JamesM

JamesM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hopefully Dennis does the right thing and releases a book. -Selfish? Hell yeah! Now get writing :deal
  7. NitroRoo

NitroRoo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The latest Death Valley installment was epic, EPIC! Love the coyote encounter pics. Very cool!
  8. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
    As always, all of your comments are very much appreciated.

Book is done. Just going through some final edits. :) But before anyone jumps to any conclusions, it's more of a coffee-table book with 60 pages of photos and some quotes from the R/R (and a couple that aren't). I've begun working on a novel, but it's going to take no short amount of time to finish it.

The book (the eye-candy one) will be available for the iPad or in hardback. The problem with the hardback is that printing costs are high. If I was to go to a printer and request X number of copies I'm sure there'd be a significant break in price, but then I'd have to be the one to distribute (hard to do without a mailing address). Plus I don't even know if I'd sell more than 2. I'll consider some other options, but it's taken no small amount of time (and three different mock-ups using three different book making tools) to finally get a finished 'product'.

If anyone would be interested in an e-book of this ride report (with deleted scenes, more commentary, etc.), please PM me so I can have some idea if it's a good or a bad idea.

Next chapter: Southern Californa!
  9. BenZvan

BenZvan N7

Oddometer:
    I believe it was a mostly stock Streetfighter 848.
  10. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
    Exactly. Stock with Termis I think....
  11. Platinumgrit

Platinumgrit Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I really sympathise with your neighbour. When I had chickens the local foxes used to try and get in. One morning I woke up to an almighty squawking, I lept out of my bed grabbed a shovel that was laying about and got to the hen coop in a flash. I saw some of my beloved chooks, bloodied and torn, and my dismay immediately flashed to rage. The first fox came flying out of the hen house, and in some complete fluke of luck met my full-power baseball-swing shovel going the opposite way. *KLANGGG!* I don't know how, but it either KO'd or killed the thing. It's partner in crime darted out, almost got away but another fury-fueled swing sent it flying into the air. Somehow in some contortion I still can't work out, I've managed to whirl the shovel over my head with all my force and slam the still-airborne fox into the ground, stunning it long enough to deliver a blow to it's head that sent its brains everywhere, breaking the shovel. With the splintered handle I've turned around and stabbed it's KO'd buddy repeatedly.

I didn't realise it at the time but I seem to have been roaring quite loudly, as the rest of my family woke up to this RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *expletives removed*. Dad sprinted out, to find half our chickens littered on the ground and a dead fox with a giant stake sticking out of it.

We still had half our chickens, but the poor little things were terribly withdrawn and shellshocked for the next 2-3 weeks. Didn't lay an egg, would walk around silently in a daze and make mournful little sounds. I'm still trying to figure out what shocked them the most - the foxes, or the sight of me roaring and bashing their predators with a shovel.

I loved those chooks, they were adorable, each with their own unique personality: Henrietta, Boadicea, Victoria, Elizabeth, Mary and Joan. (Joan, I had to break her little neck, as she was mortally injured but still alive when I got to her.) People think chickens are simple creatures, but I can tell you they really do have distinct and unique personalities. I really miss 'em :-(
  12. FatTirePlease

FatTirePlease Still rollin'

Oddometer:
    Joe Biden wants your shovel !!!!!!!!! :huh
  13. rico2072

rico2072 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bwahahahahahahahah!
  14. Northstar Beemer

Northstar Beemer Face Plant

Oddometer:
    First rate - pictures and writing. I concur with an earlier post - best RR since Zen!
  15. AntiHero

AntiHero Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ok, you guys asked for it. Now it's ready. Link is HERE.
    http://store.blurb.com/ebooks/370536-coast-to-coast-with-an-italian-supermodel

The book is 62 pages of some of the best photographs of the trip, along with a few quotes from the R/R thrown in to remind me of the most important things I learned along the way. All proceeds (minus the 20% blurb keeps) will go towards financing my next adventure (Europe or Asia) and next R/R!

Finishing the hard-cover project is next.
  16. Alanjnc

Alanjnc AlanjNC

Oddometer:
    That is freakin' awesome! Buying the ebook now and let me know when I can prepay for the first hard copy!!
    Alan
  17. Alanjnc

Alanjnc AlanjNC

Oddometer:
    Uh, autographed of course...... ;-)
  18. Platinumgrit

Platinumgrit Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hell Yes. :clap
  19. rico2072

rico2072 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great Idea! I would like my hard cover one autographed too!
  20. Platinumgrit

Platinumgrit Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thankyou! I think... :huh

:)