ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 07:09 PM   #13021
Drif10
Accredited Jackass
 
Drif10's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Gates of Moscow
Oddometer: 45,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by yammie View Post
Yeah.. That was fast.. Would be fun to see Perfechansel in the mini at the same place
IIRC the rules for the 4wds have them with a lot less suspension travel than the buggies. Don't think he'd sky it like that without worrying about the landing hit. Chicherit or Nasser could probably wing it like that, though.
__________________
I guess your get up and go needs a coffee. - Drif5
Drif10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:23 PM   #13022
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP
 
Stagehand's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Shawangunks
Oddometer: 25,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by knybanjo View Post
reverse angle...


Sorry to 205 Hogwild. I tried to click that link but it wouldnt work for me. DIdnt know what it was.
__________________
Unintentional psychokinesis.
Stagehand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:25 PM   #13023
BELSTAFF
ADV NOMAD
 
BELSTAFF's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Arizona--Land of the free and heavly armed
Oddometer: 1,089
dilligaf

I think that Robbie is at the DILLIGAF monent from here on out
__________________
"WIND CALLS THE HEART,ADVENTURE BEGINS"

Arizona OHV Ambassador
BELSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:28 PM   #13024
yammie
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: 680km north of TSC
Oddometer: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELSTAFF View Post
I think that Robbie is at the DILLIGAF monent from here on out
Yeah.. And it is cool..
yammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:34 PM   #13025
PackMule
love what you do
 
PackMule's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: New Hampshah
Oddometer: 19,458
Fiambala retrospective

Quote:
Originally Posted by neduro View Post
Playing catch up...

Fuel will boil tomorrow. There can be no question.

Last year this was the most technical stage of the rally and also my favorite. Lyndon will most likely enjoy it as well. There was some fesh-fesh, some soft sand, and some tighter riding... quite enjoyable for the folks who don't like WOT across dunes. Navigation was not trivial but not terrible.

My prediction is a good day for both Kurt C and Lyndon tomorrow. Fingers crossed!
Fiambala has a legendary, and brutal, reputation on the Dakar. Tune in to hear how Ned's day went on this year's weather-shortened edition.





Direct download: http://traffic.libsyn.com/rallyraidio/12D08.mp3


-------------------------------------------

LUDO from 2010:

Ludo Boinnard calls from the bivouac after a day that saw him presumably retired with mechanical problems. Fortunately time heals all wounds, in this case even mechanical ones, and he was able to complete the stage!

You'll remember this one forever, Ludo. We all will!

Ludo Retires (or at least he thinks he does) Direct Download ONLY: http://traffic.libsyn.com/rallyraidio/10D03.mp3

The later, the bike runs again, and he makes it through the special!!



Direct download: http://traffic.libsyn.com/rallyraidio/10D05.mp3

------------------------------------

Don Hatton:

Direct download: http://traffic.libsyn.com/rallyraidi...onDakarOut.mp3

-----------------------------------------

Garry Connell:

Direct download: http://traffic.libsyn.com/rallyraidio/ConnellOut.mp3
__________________
Nate in N.E.

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

They don't expect you to finish. That's why it's the Dakar. -- PPiA


Get your sweet Pyndon DakARTwork here

Pyndon '13
PackMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:41 PM   #13026
Ruffus
Dirty Old Mudder
 
Ruffus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Fort Erie,Ontario
Oddometer: 4,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by yammie View Post
Yeah.. That was fast.. Would be fun to see Perfechansel in the mini at the same place
With the limited suspension travel of the Mini's. It might just stay airborne right up until is crashed in the ass
__________________
We spend our lives chipping away at our ignorance :wisdom by Dakez

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you
can feel the true warmth.: wisdom by ??



Reverse Darwinism...he's only alive because he's to stupid to die. : wisdom by AZRamjet

06 Husky TE510
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:41 PM   #13027
yammie
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: 680km north of TSC
Oddometer: 256
Couple of hours

Before a long day.. L8ters F5ers..
yammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:42 PM   #13028
Dread Pendragon
Slartibartfast
 
Dread Pendragon's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Logan, Utah
Oddometer: 2,191
Egads! My heart leapt when I saw how high the hummer sailed in the air! I was just think he was driving like a bat out of hell and didn't expect him to hit a bump that would launch him.
__________________
- Mike -
WABDR
Mesquite Area Ride
Death Valley Ride
Dread Pendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:47 PM   #13029
yammie
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: 680km north of TSC
Oddometer: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10 View Post
IIRC the rules for the 4wds have them with a lot less suspension travel than the buggies. Don't think he'd sky it like that without worrying about the landing hit. Chicherit or Nasser could probably wing it like that, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffus View Post
With the limited suspension travel of the Mini's. It might just stay airborne right up until is crashed in the ass
Yeah that was the point!!

But the 4wd cars haf more firm suspention so it can be done and i would like to see it.. But i think we need a driver that are similar to Colin Mcrae problem is he is not with us anymore and i think he would not like an girls car for the rallye..
yammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:52 PM   #13030
YOGOI
Prick
 
YOGOI's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Logan, Utah
Oddometer: 3,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackMule View Post

You'll remember this one forever, Ludo. We all will!

Ludo Retires (or at least he thinks he does) Direct Download ONLY: http://traffic.libsyn.com/rallyraidio/10D03.mp3

The later, the bike runs again, and he makes it through the special!!



Direct download: http://traffic.libsyn.com/rallyraidio/10D05.mp3

------------------------------------

Don Hatton:

Direct download: http://traffic.libsyn.com/rallyraidi...onDakarOut.mp3

-----------------------------------------

Garry Connell:

Direct download: http://traffic.libsyn.com/rallyraidio/ConnellOut.mp3
Awesome comment about Casteau at the end of LUDO's call in.
Would love to see Casteau stay in it and win it.
__________________
Any bike can be taken off road. The question is; How much fun did you have doing it?

04 950 GO!!!!! 2011 250 XC 89 Transalp 69 350 CL 04 225 XT

08 450 XC-F SOLD to a good home
YOGOI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:58 PM   #13031
Tork
Pinsetter
 
Tork's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Duvall, WA.
Oddometer: 3,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post
Sorry to 205 Hogwild. I tried to click that link but it wouldnt work for me. DIdnt know what it was.
Had the same result , ?
Tork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:02 PM   #13032
Ruffus
Dirty Old Mudder
 
Ruffus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Fort Erie,Ontario
Oddometer: 4,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by yammie View Post
Yeah that was the point!!

But the 4wd cars haf more firm suspention so it can be done and i would like to see it.. But i think we need a driver that are similar to Colin Mcrae problem is he is not with us anymore and i think he would not like an girls car for the rallye..
Back in about 1981, as a passenger in my buddies old Mazda 626 or some other ridiculous numbered car , we hit a raised railway crossing at ludicrous speed(~50 MPH) & probably flew over a 100ft with a heavy thud.
A week later I was on an 81 IT250 & hit it at about 70 MPH fully expecting major airtime.

I got about 30 FT of airtime if I was lucky..
Damn suspension soaked up most of the takeoff grade.
__________________
We spend our lives chipping away at our ignorance :wisdom by Dakez

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you
can feel the true warmth.: wisdom by ??



Reverse Darwinism...he's only alive because he's to stupid to die. : wisdom by AZRamjet

06 Husky TE510
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:13 PM   #13033
David_Moen
Beastly Adventurer
 
David_Moen's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Salmon Arm, B.C. Canada Eh!
Oddometer: 1,225
Does every co-driver who sits next to RG get a new "the scariest moment of my entire life" story to tell?
__________________
2013 KTM 350EXC-F, 2005 BMW R200GS, 1984 Kawasaki GPz 750
David_Moen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:14 PM   #13034
too old
Keen supporter
 
too old's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Sandy waste
Oddometer: 2,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Moen View Post
Does every co-driver who sits next to RG get a new "the scariest moment of my entire life" story to tell?
Hopefully to tell
too old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:17 PM   #13035
amazing ricardo
Piste Off
 
amazing ricardo's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Perihelion of Mercury
Oddometer: 3,543
Eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Moen View Post
Does every co-driver who sits next to RG get a new "the scariest moment of my entire life" story to tell?
just imagine what a highlight reel of what Robbie's "holy shit" moments would be like!!! ...........
amazing ricardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014