User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 11:19 PM   #16
Steinbuck
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Thumb LS2 variation

I was just given a DS-style helmet from LS2, called their MX453. My pic is here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eeel4s4qxc...2021.52.40.jpg

It's my first helmet of this style so I can't compare it to any other brands, but the quality is pretty surprising given that it's under $200. The thing that makes me happiest is that it fits my long-oval head. Look at a picture of Jean-Luc Picard and you'll know what I mean. Arai's street helmet has been the best I've found in the past, but for off-road it's not in the budget nor the right style.

I first saw the LS2 at the Long Beach motorcycle show and was impressed by how light it is. My creaky analog scale puts it right at 3-1/2 pounds which would have it within a couple of ounces of Arai's XD-4 (using WebBikeWorld for the Arai weight). Visor (beak) doesn't adjust and the liner is completely removable.

So if you're like me and have been frustrated/pained by that big red spot on your forehead at the end of every ride, try this one. It's the first time I've ever had a Small be the right fit.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #17
misterjack
Universal

Oddometer: 50
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacoba331 View Post
i currently have a HJC flip up and after 70k miles of wind and dirt its about that time... im looking at the dual sport helmets that have the bill on top. any suggestions on great helmets? I commute in cold most mornings (when the minivan gets redundant), mostly have tunes in and do a 10 day offroad ride every year. id like to spend less than 350 (any more and id rather get a schuberth).

are these things waterproof? too noisy for misic/communication systems? what are the advantages of these type of helmets besides the badass look and the sun visor?' even worth it overall?

u the man
quite the thread you started here Jacoba!
misterjack is offline   Reply With Quote