Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 06:06 AM   #31
DandyDoug
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 378
I can see me on one of these hot monkey bikes after the wife retires and i convince her to hit the road in a motor home/travel trailer with one inside so i can play while she reads her book.
DandyDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:11 AM   #32
LandPirateMBC
Full blown child

Oddometer: 163
If it hits the US I'll definitely be buying one. Seems small enough to have fun thrashing but big enough to actually respect it for a commute. It will need to be priced less than the cbr 250r (another small displacement bike I could see myself buying) I agree that 3k sounds fair.
LandPirateMBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:25 PM   #33
Woodsrat
Gone ridin'

Oddometer: 1,273
autoevolution.com says the critter will be available worldwide--but probably not in the U. S. Is our governmental regulations too costly for them to bring them in? Is is the exchange rate? Or is American Honda run by a bunch of goodie-two-shoes types who can't understand the concept of what motorcycling is all about (FUN!!)?

They sold more Ruckus 50's than they ever dreamed they would. Maybe they ought to take the gamble, bring in the MSX-125 and see if they can create some excitement. If they want to sell expensive motorcycles in the future to the youngsters of today they're going to figure out a way to draw these kids into the sport right now.

I'm sure old gray haired farts like myself won't be the key target market for bikes like this but that's okay--I'll be happy to buy one and look like I'm in the middle of a midlife crisis. I won't look any sillier than I do when I ride my street-legal hot rod XR-50.

Eek!! More boring fiction--"One Last Ride in the Hoosier Revisited":
http://www.woodsrat.com
Woodsrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:26 PM   #34
DOUBLE-O G
Smooth Operator

Oddometer: 2,443

Old 01-12-2013, 04:31 PM   #35
Kennon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 281
I can see it fitted with adjustible forks and a pitbike swing arm and some engine fettling done for some more oomph from its little thumper.

Kennon
Kennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:03 PM   #36
Reconstructed
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
I can only speak for myself here, but think about bikes like the yamaha ysr50. Great little bike that many grown men would still love to have. Many of the smaller bore trail bikes (xr100, ttr125...) would sell here in the States if they were offered as dual sports.

I still don't expect to see it here, but with honda beginning to bring over bikes that are less cutting edged and more focused on simple enjoyment of riding as well as good value for the money, they may surprise us all by making it available.

Just my two cents.
Reconstructed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:43 PM   #37
cogitate
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reconstructed View Post
I can only speak for myself here, but think about bikes like the yamaha ysr50. Great little bike that many grown men would still love to have. Many of the smaller bore trail bikes (xr100, ttr125...) would sell here in the States if they were offered as dual sports.

I still don't expect to see it here, but with honda beginning to bring over bikes that are less cutting edged and more focused on simple enjoyment of riding as well as good value for the money, they may surprise us all by making it available.

Just my two cents.

I had a YSR 50. As a grown man

I would buy this bike. Yellow, please.

"The Howtostretch Handbook", a guide to stretching, free download
cogitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:37 AM   #38
Dezzie OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 328
if anyone wants to see more of them go on msxthai.com or look for the same on facebook as they put up new stuff on there and its probably more accessible to more people, saves going through all the lingo and page after page, they just put the pics straight onto there facebook wall!
Old 01-13-2013, 08:09 AM   #39
scootrboi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,464
Must be a lot of fun. Honda works deep.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:17 PM   #40
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Oddometer: 3,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reconstructed View Post

Just my two cents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogitate View Post
I had a YSR 50. As a grown man

I would buy this bike. Yellow, please.
I wish America would get back to simple core values like this bike.

Unfortunately I wasn't around for it but mini-bikes were huge fun despite their size before my 33 years of existence.

The older I get the more I let go of the ego-centric ways of our society and enjoy the basics on a much more fulfilling level.

Sadly, this bike most likely would fail here as most small machines do. To think how much fun it would be in a place like San Francisco, Seattle, or other urban environments with low speeds and twisty roads.
brianwheelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #41
Woodsrat
Gone ridin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwheelies View Post
...The older I get the more I let go of the ego-centric ways of our society and enjoy the basics on a much more fulfilling level...
Couldn't have said it better myself. I guess this is why I enjoy my little Hondas as much or more than I do my "big bikes" which seem to sit idle a lot lately.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:04 PM   #42
cogitate
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,944
any word on these coming to the US

"The Howtostretch Handbook", a guide to stretching, free download
cogitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:51 PM   #43
Woodsrat
Gone ridin'

Send American Honda a personal check with a down payment on one. They'll send it back but hopefully they'll get the idea. Maybe if we all did this...

Old 01-29-2013, 06:22 AM   #44
easternshorebiker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsrat View Post
Send American Honda a personal check with a down payment on one. They'll send it back but hopefully they'll get the idea. Maybe if we all did this...
I like this idea. I've been looking for a while for just a step up from my Ruckus scooter for my short, in-town commute. This would be perfect for my needs.
easternshorebiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:34 PM   #45
Offcenter
On The Road Again!

Oddometer: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsrat View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself. I guess this is why I enjoy my little Hondas as much or more than I do my "big bikes" which seem to sit idle a lot lately.
After being out of biking for a few years, I was given a '77 Honda Trail 90....and I'm having a ball with it.
Now, I just picked up a 76 Goldwing and I'm looking forward to getting on the road this spring.
But I have no intention of getting rid of the Trail 90. That bike will STILL be fun!
(Hey! The 90 is light enough that I bet I could make a trailer to pull it behind the Goldwing!)

77 Honda CT-90
76 Honda GL-1000
Offcenter is offline   Reply With Quote