Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 05:42 AM   #61
huub
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
anybody knows where that tank came from?

cheers,
Hubert
huub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:43 AM   #62
F_Sahms
mostly paved

Oddometer: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by huub View Post
anybody knows where that tank came from?

cheers,
Hubert
Lodola?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moto-Guzzi-L...item2a2759c514
Old 12-29-2012, 07:51 AM   #63
volano
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Looks like the one that was at Blue Moon Cycles a while back...?
volano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:56 AM   #64
leafman60 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,675
Well, I had the NuFalc out a lot over the holidays and I really like this machine.

Yesterday, on New Years Day, a group of local biker friends gathered for a late morning breakfast at a place about 40 miles from my house so I took the NuFalc.

The route passes through mostly farmland areas with occasional curves but primarily straight, level backroads. I ran the single up to 70 mph for a bit at first but then settled back into a consistent pace of about 50-60 mph.

The NuFalc is a sweet ride at those speeds. You feel just enough pulse through the bars and pegs. In the background, you hear the single carb crisply sniffing drags through that louvered air cleaner cover.

Yes, it's slow. And, if I haven't already said it, the BIKE IS SLOW. Ain't gonna give you whiplash. By the way, the thing is slow. I can probably take it on start-off with my Cannondale mountain bicycle. But, that's okay.

I've got the shifting part learned. Just take your time. Grab the clutch and let your mind wander off for a bit. Think about what you are going to order for breakfast or something. Wait a while, Mississippi ... Saskatchewan..., and then stab the foot shifter. It snicks right into gear everytime. No clash. No sqiubs. No hesitation of the lever. It just easily flops into the correct gear. Roll on the throttle and listen to the carb sniffing and the twin pipes burbling.

The stiff frame and the narrow tires let the thing steer very quickly. What curves I conquered going up a few hills and crossing a huge cattle farm with expansive grass fields on either side of the road were polished-off quite smartly.

I eventually hit a long straight way that courses on for about 8 miles and I just let the one-lunger cadillac along. It never skipped a beat.

Of course, once you get the thing around people, it attracts a crowd, especially among riders. The NuFalc is modern enough that it doesn't look like a rickety antique. Yet, with its prominent engine fins and case castings, it draws attention quite easily.

The NuFalc is a pleasant ride for someone not in a hurry. By the way, you see so much more too. I saw things along my route yesterday that I'd never noticed over years of taking the same way !

leafman60 screwed with this post 01-05-2013 at 06:26 PM
leafman60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:27 PM   #65
leafman60 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Anybody get a NuFalcone for Christmas ?
Old 01-11-2013, 06:45 AM   #66
nick949eldo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafman60 View Post
Anybody get a NuFalcone for Christmas ?
I think Dan's in Ontario didn't sell on eBay. He had the reserve price set at $6500, which, IMHO was way too high.

Nick
nick949eldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:07 PM   #67
Andy-Gadget
Any bike can go anywere

Oddometer: 1,336
To sort of hijack this thread, I am off to Europe in May for six months, sending my Mille GT Guzzi over to have a fall back, but intending to buy a Nuovo Falcone Sahara in Italy.
I have wanted to do this for a couple of years, and it seems I have just got in in time, given the interest in this very quirky bike I see here.

Now the purpose of this post, I am after a good bike, hopefully kitted up for touring, like the Sahara panniers, in Italy or the Balkans.
I can buy one as soon as the right one comes along, but it would be nice if it came from an inmate :-)

I will be sending both bikes back to Tasmania at the end of the trip, so after a keeper.

I will be entering Europe via Grease, hence the Balkans.

Andrew
'95 Sport 1100 Guzzi,'84 Cali 2 Guzzi, '95 Guzzi mille, '84 R65LS, '84 R100, '82 R100RS, '05 DL650, '72 Bultaco Sherpa T 350, '78 Montessa 348, "00 XR650R
Andy-Gadget is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #68
robtg
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 632
"I will be entering Europe via Grease,"

Be careful, it may be slippery.
robtg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:48 PM   #69
Andy-Gadget
Any bike can go anywere

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtg View Post
"I will be entering Europe via Grease,"

Be careful, it may be slippery.
Travel broadens the mind, and improves the spelling

Sorry Greece
'95 Sport 1100 Guzzi,'84 Cali 2 Guzzi, '95 Guzzi mille, '84 R65LS, '84 R100, '82 R100RS, '05 DL650, '72 Bultaco Sherpa T 350, '78 Montessa 348, "00 XR650R
Old 01-14-2013, 11:38 AM   #70
rtwdoug
prominent underachiever

Oddometer: 3,646
I can help you find a Falcone in Serbia, but I dont know what sort of paperwork you'd have to do to get it out.

I've heard a rumor about some guy that made a fake alabama registration & crossed the border that way.

but thats only a rumor

Doug

rtwdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:36 AM   #71
Andy-Gadget
Any bike can go anywere

Thanks Doug, your reports of your NF were a spur for my trip

The Australian import laws are driven by the age of the vehicle, and a NF falls into the "easy" date span, but I am now doing the investigation of just what is required.
This is made harder by using a very slow internet connection at sea bouncing between Australia and Japan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtwdoug View Post
I can help you find a Falcone in Serbia, but I dont know what sort of paperwork you'd have to do to get it out.

I've heard a rumor about some guy that made a fake alabama registration & crossed the border that way.

but thats only a rumor

Doug
Old 01-17-2013, 08:20 PM   #72
leafman60 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick949eldo View Post
I think Dan's in Ontario didn't sell on eBay. He had the reserve price set at $6500, which, IMHO was way too high.

Nick

Well, I dont think 6500 is way out of line in north america. These things were never imported here and they are rare as chickens teeth here. Yeah, they were low-budget bikes in the past but times are changin and to get one, ya gotta ante up the cash.

They're becoming collector items.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:23 PM   #73
leafman60 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Andy, getting a NuFalc in eastern europe should be easier. They were popularly used as military and police bikes there. You can probably pick one up on the cheap over there.

By the way, if you ever see a beautiful green 850GT Guzzi with lots of chrome cruising the streets of Hobart, it's one of my old bikes. Sold it to a gent there a couple of years ago.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:53 AM   #74
leafman60 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Doug, can you post or link to some pics of your trip that you made on the Falcone. We'd like to see the bird in action.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #75
huub
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafman60 View Post
Well, I dont think 6500 is way out of line in north america. These things were never imported here and they are rare as chickens teeth here. Yeah, they were low-budget bikes in the past but times are changin and to get one, ya gotta ante up the cash.

They're becoming collector items.
Over here ( Netherlands ) about half that price ,
around 3000 euro.
too many NF around, too little collectors.
wonder what a ex-military Nf would cost in Serbia ?
huub is offline   Reply With Quote