User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 10:54 PM   #1
JGoody OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 288
BMW comfort seat vs Sargent

I know this has been beaten to death but I am looking for a new seat, primarily for slab. Has anyone tried both the BMW comfort seat and the Sargent (with the step/not the Enduro) ? If so how do they compare?
JGoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:33 AM   #2
Grits&Gravy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGoody View Post
I know this has been beaten to death but I am looking for a new seat, primarily for slab. Has anyone tried both the BMW comfort seat and the Sargent (with the step/not the Enduro) ? If so how do they compare?
I have a Renazco on my F800, but if you are looking for a good seat for slabbing it, I would highly recommend Russel Day-Long http://www.day-long.com/. I have one of their seats on my R1200RT and it is by far the best seat I've ever had. The RT previously had a Sergeant and I did not like it, but we all have different styles, opinions, and comfort levels.
Grits&Gravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:09 PM   #3
shortbritches
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
I have had both.Started off with the Sargent then tried a comfort seat and did not like it .Felt that the dish of the seat was to close to the faux tank and not easy to move back on the seat. I put 20,000 miles on the Sargent before I tried the comfort seat and only rode the comfort seat for a day so my butt probably was biased.
I used the Sargent for a long trip and could ride all day,but by the end of the day my ass was starting to talk to me.
shortbritches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:06 AM   #4
JGoody OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbritches View Post
I have had both.Started off with the Sargent then tried a comfort seat and did not like it .Felt that the dish of the seat was to close to the faux tank and not easy to move back on the seat. I put 20,000 miles on the Sargent before I tried the comfort seat and only rode the comfort seat for a day so my butt probably was biased.
I used the Sargent for a long trip and could ride all day,but by the end of the day my ass was starting to talk to me.
Did you have the Sargent with the "dish"? Looking at pictures the step looks farther back on the Sargent. Good info on the Comfort seat -- how tall are you? Inseam? Thanks!
JGoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #5
Getting Lost
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Hi.

I use´d the comfort seat for 10.000 km and the standat set for 2.000 km. Bouth are not as good as i though they are.
I just made my one one. with this i have no problem at all for 500 km a day.

Getting Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #6
blueridgexplorer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
On my 2010 model, I found that the step on the comfort seat was too confining, seems the passenger had more room but I didn't. The Sargent seat was better due to the way the angle of the step gave me a little more room to move. I ended up selling the BMW comfort seat, then bought a really comfortable seat for our two up riding, a Russell Day-Long. Best seat ever, but you will need some long legs.
blueridgexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:46 PM   #7
moe.ron
Poor Dumb Bastard

Oddometer: 2,392
Did 368 miles on the comfort seat yesterday, my butt is the ONLY thing that doesnt hurt today, I love mine.

BMW actually made a seat thats comfortable, go figure. Its very hard to believe as they have never made a comfortable seat.

I have had a couple Sargents in the past, one was great (KLR), the other (F800R), absolutely horrible and sent back after no time at all.

But comfort is different for all of us and this is but one mans opinion.