Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 10:42 PM   #14206
heirhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by tntmo View Post
If you are still having issues, let me know. I have three rear master cylinders in my stash of parts. We can get you going in no time!
tntmo
Thanks for offer.
Have adjusted every which way, getting close, still pedal is to low. Nut at end of push rod.
Might just weld new pedal on top as it is to small anyway.
Might just have a funky right foot!
Thanks again,

Heirhead

heirhead screwed with this post 01-17-2013 at 12:14 AM
heirhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:55 AM   #14207
kawi380
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drufiddy View Post
Any little DR riders out there have a front rotor for a 94 SE? I did the Western TAT in August and bent the front a tad. Breaking power is pretty bad. Thanks!
I have an extra you can have. It was off of my 95 SE that I am parting out. PM me and we can work something out.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:55 AM   #14208
MrPulldown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Hooligan View Post
OK, I need the opinions of the gathered experts on my paranoia! I removed clutch and sidestand switches and wired the connector wires together and the bike ran fine. I ran the bike a few times no problems, But then my CDI unit malfunctioned, consequently the bike won't run. I know its the cdi as I was able to swap out a borrowed one and the spark was good.

The question is was this just coincidence or did it just decide it was time to quit? Before I drop lots of $$$ on a new cdi, I want to make sure it was not something I did.

Any suggestions?
Have you checked the clutch safety again. Make sure the wires are connected and did not pull them selves free of each other. The clutch safety is so easy to bypass but there is not much slack in the two yellow wires.

I did this bypass on a friends bike. He crashed his DR and it wouldn't start. Checked everything. Thought about the trouble shootting philosophy of "what was the last thing you modified/worked on". So goes back under the headlight cowl and sure enough the clutch saefty wire connection was pulled apart. He pulled out a few extra cm of length of wire from the harness/loom, and has been fine ever since.

MrPulldown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #14209
Chicken Helmet
I'm A Stumper™

Oddometer: 4,880
Anyone need some parts? Here's a list of what I have. All from a 94 DR unless noted:

94 DR350
headlight $25
headlight brkt $15
white headlight surround $10
front forks (assume they need seals) $50
front rim (no tire) $100
front caliper $25
speedo cable $10

99 RM250 For Parts
front forks with triple clamps $150
front caliper $25
Excel Frt Wheel with slight bend
on one side. doesn't affect performance
and not cracked. $75

Other RM parts available just ask. Also parting my 88 KLR, most body parts and seat already gone. PM with needs or questions on any of this stuff. Pics available upon request.

P.S. Not parting the DR350, just the other two.
From what I've heard, riding a DR feels just like riding a KLR except you're head doesn't sway left and right constantly scanning the ditches for aluminum cans.

Chicken Helmet screwed with this post 01-17-2013 at 03:12 PM
Chicken Helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:35 PM   #14210
brianjonesphoto
Single Track Noob

Oddometer: 1,555
I just saw this on Craigslist. One of you MUST buy this bike!!!
http://kpr.craigslist.org/mcy/3549636380.html

I have no relation or interest to it but it sound like a great bike at the right price.

www.PhotoSupportNW.com

brianjonesphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:41 PM   #14211
Stretch67
Bent, But Not Broken

Oddometer: 6,013
Dang. Somebody's going to get a tremendous deal on one hell of a bike.
XR400 Index
Stretch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:12 PM   #14212
Cool_Hand_Luke
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Question DR350se Handlebars for tall dude

Hey guys I got a question for ya'll...I just got my first bike (a '99 DR350se) a few months ago and want to get some new handlebars that will fit me better. I am 6'3" and so now when I stand up with the stock bars I am really hunched over, which is no bueno. I am about to make an order to rockymountainatvmc and was looking at the Tusk handlebars b/c I am already spending a lot on other stuff and saw that they make good bars for the price. The bend options they offer are; ATV Sport, CR High, CR Mid, KX High, Mini High, Raptor, and YZ High. Any suggestions? I did some research and saw that people like any of the highs or even the ATV bend...any help would be greatly appreciated, I am all ears!

Thanks!

Luke
Cool_Hand_Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:35 PM   #14213
tntmo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 450
The problem with going to a tall bar like the ATV bend is that you may end up needing to run custom cables and brake line. Before you order too tall of a bar, try to see how much slack is available on all the wiring, control cables and brake line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool_Hand_Luke View Post
Hey guys I got a question for ya'll...I just got my first bike (a '99 DR350se) a few months ago and want to get some new handlebars that will fit me better. I am 6'3" and so now when I stand up with the stock bars I am really hunched over, which is no bueno. I am about to make an order to rockymountainatvmc and was looking at the Tusk handlebars b/c I am already spending a lot on other stuff and saw that they make good bars for the price. The bend options they offer are; ATV Sport, CR High, CR Mid, KX High, Mini High, Raptor, and YZ High. Any suggestions? I did some research and saw that people like any of the highs or even the ATV bend...any help would be greatly appreciated, I am all ears!

Thanks!

Luke
Old 01-17-2013, 11:04 PM   #14214
ADV BUM
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
Quote:

Thanks!

Luke
I was just playing with my new to me DR350 tonight. I am 6'5 and added 3.5 inch Rox risers tonight. I like the pivoting action as it lets me adjust the crowded feel as well. It seemed like it took the cables to the limit. The PO had some fat bars and with some adjustments with the controls all will be fine.

On my xr650l I run the 3.5 risers and quad standard bend bars. This setup is perfect for me as I can stand straight up when riding across the desert sand. I did have to get custom cables. Cables get expensive.

I will be doing the same thing as you. I am trying the Rox risers and if not enought I will go with the quad bars as well and be forced into the custom cables.

Getting a proper riding position makes a world of difference. Good luck.

Side note- My DR has RM front end so I dont know if that makes it better or worse for available cable length
ADV BUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:45 PM   #14215
MadChap
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 435
A new extended clutch cable from Motion Pro set me back $50. Ouch.
MadChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:59 PM   #14216
Cool_Hand_Luke
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADV BUM View Post
I was just playing with my new to me DR350 tonight. I am 6'5 and added 3.5 inch Rox risers tonight. I like the pivoting action as it lets me adjust the crowded feel as well. It seemed like it took the cables to the limit. The PO had some fat bars and with some adjustments with the controls all will be fine.

On my xr650l I run the 3.5 risers and quad standard bend bars. This setup is perfect for me as I can stand straight up when riding across the desert sand. I did have to get custom cables. Cables get expensive.

I will be doing the same thing as you. I am trying the Rox risers and if not enought I will go with the quad bars as well and be forced into the custom cables.

Getting a proper riding position makes a world of difference. Good luck.

Side note- My DR has RM front end so I dont know if that makes it better or worse for available cable length
Right on....I was thinking about trying some risers out if the new bars aren't enough (I just needed a new handlebar b/c the PO welded some metal inside the ends which is blocking me from adding hand guards...why he did it I do not know). I decided to order the KX High bend to play it safe so hopefully I won't need to get new cables.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:05 AM   #14217
Cool_Hand_Luke
n00b

I think I should be ok with the KX High Bend...I will keep my fingers crossed in hope I don't need to get custom cables! Thanks for the advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntmo View Post
The problem with going to a tall bar like the ATV bend is that you may end up needing to run custom cables and brake line. Before you order too tall of a bar, try to see how much slack is available on all the wiring, control cables and brake line.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:10 AM   #14218
slartidbartfast
Love those blue pipes

Oddometer: 4,853
Quote:
Right on....I was thinking about trying some risers out if the new bars aren't enough (I just needed a new handlebar b/c the PO welded some metal inside the ends which is blocking me from adding hand guards...why he did it I do not know). I decided to order the KX High bend to play it safe so hopefully I won't need to get new cables.
Probably bar-end weights intended to damp vibration. You might be able to drill and tap for the hand guard attachment bolts.
Summer 2008 UK End-to-End ride
slartidbartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:57 AM   #14219
Greg Bender
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,144
Quote:

Thanks!

Luke
Hi Luke,

I use these tusk bars and they have held up very well to me and my falls:
http://thisoldtractor.com/gtbender/d...m-_cr_mid_bend

I'm 6'3" as well and don't enjoy the hunched over position. With stock length cables, etc I was able to fit these risers (7/8" bar, 30mm height). I do not believe I could go any taller without cable issues.
http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...ndlebar+risers

The risers were a nice improvement, though I'm still more hunched over than I'd like. I just bend my knees a bit more and pretend I'm enjoying the leg muscle work out :> :> :>

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Gregory Bender
Greg Bender is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:09 AM   #14220
2bold2getold
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,556
Cable Info

You can take a longer generic cable and carefully cut the housing shorter (dremel tool) to get the correct length of the stranded part. There's a small MC shop here that will make cables any size you want. He used to charge $35, but it's been a while, may be more now. Here's more, how to, cable info.... http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=1005
2bold2getold is offline   Reply With Quote