Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2013, 11:06 PM   #1
GRinCR OP
Oppressed Nomad

Oddometer: 319
Laugh Costa Rica: Trippin' with GR

I’m done lurking and making incoherent remarks on other’s RRs. It is time to share. First, a brief intro into the who, the what, the where, the why and the ADV’s to follow…

Who
I am GRinCR or Greg in Costa Rica. I study, I work, and I wish I had more free time. I am a father, a son and a husband. I am originally from the southern burbs of St Paul, Minnesota. I said nuts to winter in Nov of 2006 and flew the coop to Costa Rica. This was two short years after a study abroad program which brought me here for Jan, Feb and Mar of, you guessed it, 2004. My wife is Ana Yancy, half Panameña and half Costarricense. We have a son Joseph who is our only, for now.

What
This Thread will be made of many small trips. I seek tranquility, great views, tasty food, good people and epic roads for ADV motorcycling. I will locate peaceful places to camp and comfortable accommodations. I want to find places to explore and basically highlight all I can off the “Gringo Trail”. I have many ADVs in the archives and surely ones that have yet to materialize.

This RR, like many, may get sidetracked and stray a bit from motos…
Chicks! (the wife is starting to understand this is a package deal)

Good eats.

Booze.

Swimming holes.

Friendly and inquisitive locals.

But in the end it is all about the RIDE and where your ADV can take you!

A goal is to keep this to a minimum.

Where
In and around Costa Rica. Basically as far as a few days of free time can take me. Until, of course, the day comes I graduate to the big boy club and can post in “Ride Reports” without being banned.
Why
My wife calls it an illness and it is contagious. The only known cure is to ride and it is a temporary fix. So what is my Excuse? Any. There is something on the other side of that horizon. The indirect route is often better. Pavement gets boring. Because you said it can’t be done!
When
Soon grasshopper. But here is a taste of the first RR and most recent, still fresh in the mind from the beginning of Dec. I hope to post tomorrow, but this is Latina America and tomorrow means whenever.

Hasta Luego!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
"My father taught me to work; he did not teach me to love it." -Abraham Lincoln

GRinCR screwed with this post 01-18-2013 at 08:15 AM Reason: Spelling Champ
GRinCR is offline   Reply With Quote