Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #11
KG6BWS
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish John View Post
I bought one of the Bilt ADV helmets when they first came out. Actually I stopped by my local Cycle Gear to pick up something else and they were just unpacking these. Sort of an impulse buy but I have been very happy with mine. The quality is much better than the usual Bilt helmet build. Fit was very good. I did notice some buffeting in cross winds due to the bill. Even with the air channels, it seems to catch the cross winds.

About 2 weeks later, it did it's job when I high sided my Vstorm after hitting glass beads left on the road by KDOT. Gave the helmet to my grand nephews to play "Star Wars" with but kept the bill. Bought a second Bilt ADV. I Dremeled a series of additional holes/slots in the bill and installed it on the new helmet. This really seems to have helped the cross wind buffeting. For the money, this is a good value.
Pics??

Im going to pick one up today. Although the website says $199, the instore prices are still $69 and $99 respectively. The large seems to fit ok on me, could maybe be a hair tighter, but the medium is WAY too small. But hell, for $69, Ill try it out. Worst case scenario I give it to my niece to head butt my sister with.

Justin
01 F650GS Dakar
KG6BWS is offline   Reply With Quote