Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #1
HOFNAR OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
CDR route on a 76cx?

Will the entire CDR route fit in a 76cx? I want to be able to download the entire route at home and not have to carry a laptop on the road. I don't have the unit yet, but West Marine is ordering one for me. FYI, if you're interested they have a limited supply at $199.00 and City Navigator is on sale for $40.00.
HOFNAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:54 PM   #2
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOFNAR View Post
Will the entire CDR route fit in a 76cx? I want to be able to download the entire route at home and not have to carry a laptop on the road. I don't have the unit yet, but West Marine is ordering one for me. FYI, if you're interested they have a limited supply at $199.00 and City Navigator is on sale for $40.00.
$199 is price for 78 at West Marine, 76 was going for $150 but I think they are now sold out.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs..._-1?icid=HF1_2

Yes I have CDR tracks ready to download to either 76 (18x500) or 78 (active log) on GPSXchange.com also have tracks almost done for GWT which is much better than CDR if you are on dirt bike. Also checkout Mex2Can.com it is better than both.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:14 PM   #3
HOFNAR OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countdown View Post
$199 is price for 78 at West Marine, 76 was going for $150 but I think they are now sold out.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs..._-1?icid=HF1_2

Yes I have CDR tracks ready to download to either 76 (18x500) or 78 (active log) on GPSXchange.com also have tracks almost done for GWT which is much better than CDR if you are on dirt bike. Also checkout Mex2Can.com it is better than both.
Thanks Jerry for the info on rides. What does GWT stand for? The West Marine store here in Placer County still has the 76cx. They have one in stock and the manager said he can probably get a hold of two others.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:40 PM   #4
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Thanks Jerry for the info on rides. What does GWT stand for? The West Marine store here in Placer County still has the 76cx. They have one in stock and the manager said he can probably get a hold of two others.
I would buy a 78 for 200 over 76. They were blowing out 76Cx for 150 for a year.

Great Western Trail but if you Google just use GWT.

See other thread aboubt CDR under "planning" "america", Big Dog has some pictures and pionts to his trip.

Next weekend is Hi Desert 250 in Ridgecrest for all those under snow in Placer Co!
Old 01-18-2013, 06:52 PM   #5
250senuf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,178
78 can handle more tracks and waypoints than the 76.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:03 PM   #6
HOFNAR OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countdown View Post
I would buy a 78 for 200 over 76. They were blowing out 76Cx for 150 for a year.

Great Western Trail but if you Google just use GWT.

See other thread aboubt CDR under "planning" "america", Big Dog has some pictures and pionts to his trip.

Next weekend is Hi Desert 250 in Ridgecrest for all those under snow in Placer Co!
Is the basic 78 better than the 76cx?
I was planning on doing that rally. However, my brother decided he wanted to come but he doesn't have a dual sport. We're still going to make it down to DV, but we're going to stay on pavement on our sport tourers. Hopefully he'll have a dual sport by the time the DV noob ride comes around.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:00 AM   #7
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Is the basic 78 better than the 76cx?.
Yes in general it is better in that it holds more data. The 76 will hold 20 tracks of 500 points the 78 will hold 200 Tracks of 2,000 points. This means you can actually download active logs to a 78 where as on the 76 they have to be filtered tracks.

On the down side the 78 does afew bad things. When you down load tracks, it changes the color and turns them all off. It has a few other quarks but hard to explain.

For $50 more the 78 is the best buy if you do a lot of GPS track work. If you just go to Dual sport ride and let promoter download tacks, 76 works fine.