Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 11:01 PM   #16501
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
Am I crazy or did all the fonts on this Page 1100 go from normal readable San Serif to tiny Serif fonts? None of the other threads, or even earlier pages shows this way, and in multiple browsers the same? Did the ADVserver hiccup?

wow...1100 pages !!!!!!!!

uno dia mas !
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:07 PM   #16502
K2vodka
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
Wow! Another entertaining day.

Great job everyone!

Chaleco gives the fans what they want... excitement and something to cheer about. One bit of bad luck away from a Dakar victory for the Chilean people.

Despres... was Despres, managing the situation like a true general. He did what needed to be done to stay in the lead without risking too much and saving the bike for the last day... which will be another long 600 plus km. Nice ending! No cake walk.

Svitko! Svitko! Great job in giving that little nation in Central Europe a reason to cheer and to be proud. Love it! Keep it up!

Caselli... luck is part of any race... especially Dakar. This time it looks like he was bitten by it. C 'est la vie! He still has had one hell of Christening to the Dakar brotherhood. He showed he has what it takes to run with the leaders. Great job!

Faria...Ah! Faria! It is better to loose from your own mistake then someone else's or bad luck. It is not the first time nor will it be the last time... but hopefully it never happens at such a big dance when he is in arms reach of the leader. But... this is what makes racing so great. The uncertainty.

Luis! The ultimate Iron Man. I think Despres riding/sleep numbers are inversely related to Luis'. Great job in showing internal fortitude. Something I think has become rather rare in this day.

Hats off to all the guys digging deep to get the job done. Thank you for showing us all on how determination can overcome physical abuse, Murphy's Law, and mental exhaustion.

One more day to see how everything settles into place. Good luck to everyone and may it be a great, safe, yet exciting day for all. Cheers!
Whatever IT is.

www.GoCoffeeEnergy.com
K2vodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:13 PM   #16503
K2vodka
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
Thank you. I've been wondering how the different brands have been representing their colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norm67 View Post
according to DAKAR.com ( insert comment in reference to the accuracy here) registration by brand

KTM- 67
YAM- 52
HON-36
HUQ-10
SHER-4
KAW-3
BERG-3
GG-3
TM-2
JING-2
BETA-2
BMW-2
SUZ-1
BULTACO - 1

WITHDRAWLS by brand ( for what ever reason) as of stage 13

YAM- 17
KTM- 14
HON- 11
HUQ- 4
BERG-3
SHER-2
BETA-2
BMW-2
BULTACO-1
KAW-0
SUZ-0
GG-0
TM-0 (HOW I WILL NEVER KNOW)
JING-0

Again the source is DAKAR.com so if you have other data please ammend as required. This works out to 20.9% for KTM, 32.7% for YAM, 30.6% for HON and 40% for Husqvarna.

Alittle food for thought going into the end of the race...
Whatever IT is.

www.GoCoffeeEnergy.com
K2vodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:13 AM   #16504
too old
Keen supporter

Oddometer: 2,337
Just got back after 3 hours and only about 20 posts - wow, the sever wil be able to recover, best I go out for another couple.

We have an 05.45 start today on the liaison which is about Half an hour?

No times up for the start of the first special yet - this must be the calm before the storm
too old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:20 AM   #16505
Frougby
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by too old View Post
Just got back after 3 hours and only about 20 posts - wow, the sever wil be able to recover, best I go out for another couple.

We have an 05.45 start today on the liaison which is about Half an hour?

No times up for the start of the first special yet - this must be the calm before the storm
I think I saw a 7:35 ASS start on the Dakar front page. Aren't they still GMT -3??
Frougby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:22 AM   #16506
too old
Keen supporter

Oddometer: 2,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frougby View Post
I think I saw a 7:35 ASS start on the Dakar front page. Aren't they still GMT -3??
Yes, Chile -3, I was looking on the information for the stage on the live homepage - mind you that's been wrong all week, so I should know better

The special could be 7.35 I can't see it being too late, it's still a long day and they will want the winners in the for the grand arrival, don't know what that time is either

Nearly 500 k today with a 121 k special so what, about 5 hrs for the leaders?
too old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:33 AM   #16507
Frougby
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by too old View Post
Yes, Chile -3, I was looking on the information for the stage on the live homepage - mind you that's been wrong all week, so I should know better

The special could be 7.35 I can't see it being too late, it's still a long day and they will want the winners in the for the grand arrival, don't know what that time is either

Nearly 500 k today with a 121 k special so what, about 5 hrs for the leaders?
Are you just counting the non neutralized section of the special. At the course description is shows a roughly 350km special. I'm too lazy to do the math, but I hope its a shorty cause I'm getting a little concerned about CD and Faria's engines.
Frougby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:22 AM   #16508
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R

Oddometer: 3,171
Good morning to all, the special today is 128 of timed kms, the rest is neutralised.

All Cyril has to do is to tag on the back of Lopez who opens, and now has plus 15 in penalties needs to defend from Faria who starts further back. So the cliffhanger will be for second and third overall

It will be cool to see luis, Lyndon, boundsy, Si, Patrick and Manuel achieve a finish at the end of the day, here's to wishing them an easy, fun and trouble free day! Everybody that finishes this year is a hero in my book

I need to take off and do some chores but will be trying to catch up on my phone...
Old 01-19-2013, 01:35 AM   #16509
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R

INCLUDES Mr Yamazaki reflections on this Dakar, day 13 (yesterday)

Old 01-19-2013, 01:36 AM   #16510
Evil Invader
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 639
to the final day.

Hope everyone have a nice ride to the finnishline!

M Motoadventures
Evil Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:39 AM   #16511
Brodovitch
Team ⌘R

Si Pavey on yesterday:

The penultimate stage of the 2013 Dakar proves less taxing than expected for the riders.

Stage Thirteen was expected to be the last real challenge of the 2013 Dakar, a long and difficult day was forecast but the reality was far gentler. The long special stage was faster and less technical than the stages around Copiapo have proven to be in the past and with day fourteen set to be nothing more than a formality the race is all but done.

The days racing revealed itself to be far faster and more open than most had anticipated. The first 100km of the special stage was very fast, followed by pockets of sand and fesh fesh. As has been the tale of the 2013 Dakar for Simon, the day proved largely uneventful as he went about recording another 60th place finish on the day. Not finding the high speeds to his liking Simon chose to once again play things safe. He again moved up the standings and going into the final day of the rally sits in 59th overall.

Simon Pavey I was a little disappointed today, I thought the stage was going to be really challenging and difficult. Two years ago we had the best Dakar stage Ive ever done here, it was technical, the navigation was hard and I expected more of the same.

The reality was far more boring. The stage was fast, it wasnt hard at all and apart from a few pockets it was largely uninteresting. I did enjoy a few parts of the day, we had some really big dunes and a great section of fast whoops but Id like to have seen a more interesting riding from the area.

Tomorrow looks like its going to be a formality as well. At first we thought it was going to be really long, with 400km of special, but its broken up by a big neutralized liaison section. It only amounts to about 130km of racing time, however this is the Dakar and there could be a few surprises in store. Hopefully everything goes to plan and the whole team will be stood on the podium together.

Stage Fourteen is the final stage of the 2013 Dakar. The stage leaves the coastal town of La Serena and heads south to Santiago. The stage is expected to be straight forward but there are still 600km of riding ahead for the competitors.

Stage Results.

Simon Pavey 59th 04:54:51

Overall Results.

Simon Pavey 59th 52:20:31
Old 01-19-2013, 02:11 AM   #16512
garfey
Scruffy Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,907
"Once More Into The Breech"

G'Morning, F5riends

*scrambles to update tabs to Stage 14*
Old 01-19-2013, 02:16 AM   #16513
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Oddometer: 7,082
Morning?

Good night...
Old 01-19-2013, 02:32 AM   #16514
pete40
Life Behind Bars

Oddometer: 1,238
Question for Lyndon when it's all over.

How long do you reckon you'll sleep for when you finally get the chance? It must make you really tired even though you are obviously extremely fit. Just looking at the Honda riders in the video they all looked shagged at the end of Day 13. Johnny Campbell especially looked stuffed.
pete40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:34 AM   #16515
garfey
Scruffy Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,907
A'ight . . . a'ight . . . who's got the Starter's pistol???