ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 08:24 PM   #91
GeneC
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 223
Just got back from the show tonight andi have to say I was disappointed. The show seems to get smaller and smaller every year. However, the main reason for me going was to check out the vstrom and they did have both the standard and and venture model, so that was good.

Although I must say...the Ducati babes get better and better every year :-)

GeneC screwed with this post 01-18-2013 at 08:39 PM
GeneC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:03 PM   #92
racermx66
Husqvarna

Oddometer: 411
Just got back from the show and didn't think it was bad. The Ducati girls and the girls around the Moto GP bikes had to be the hottest girls I EVER saw. Actually liked looking at the custom bikes, which there were a lot of them. Saw a small booth with Aprillias in it, but it was so small, about four bikes, you could walk by it without noticing them.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:31 AM   #93
dlearl476
Two-bit Throttle Bum

Oddometer: 23,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullingG's View Post
thanks...are Aprilia and Guzzi there as well this year?
No. Nor MV. Nor ANY aspect of the trials segment. (I really wanted to try on some Gaerne boots) . Knowing what IMS is all about I knew what to expect. More of a dealer show than manufacturer show. I was surprised it didn't even fill one hall. Last time I was at EICMA, it filled 4 or 5 of those halls. I did get to meet Wiseblood, ogle some sweet trade show eye candy, and pick up the aforementioned accoutrements for the Arai, so it wasn't a total loss. No WristRest, though.

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich by promising to protect each from the other. -- Oscar Ameringer
dlearl476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:43 AM   #94
dlearl476
Two-bit Throttle Bum

Oddometer: 23,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by racermx66 View Post
Just got back from the show and didn't think it was bad. The Ducati girls and the girls around the Moto GP bikes had to be the hottest girls I EVER saw. Actually liked looking at the custom bikes, which there were a lot of them. Saw a small booth with Aprillias in it, but it was so small, about four bikes, you could walk by it without noticing them.
Did you catch the Ducati apparel fashion show? I saw for or five really sweet little bob jobs. One built with an XS650 and skinny tires that actually looked rideable. (By the main Ducati booth, IIRC)
The steam punk Harley that was in the Moto Art booth was pretty interesting too.

On the whole though, I find the Las Vegas Motorcycle Auction a lot more appealing. What can I say? I'll take a '74 Alpina still in a crate over a GSXRYZRDS 600 any day, but that's just me.

Still, the Ducati girls are nice.

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich by promising to protect each from the other. -- Oscar Ameringer
dlearl476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:55 AM   #95
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 16,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneC View Post
Just got back from the show tonight andi have to say I was disappointed. The show seems to get smaller and smaller every year. However, the main reason for me going was to check out the vstrom and they did have both the standard and and venture model, so that was good.

Although I must say...the Ducati babes get better and better every year :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlearl476 View Post
Did you catch the Ducati apparel fashion show? I saw for or five really sweet little bob jobs. One built with an XS650 and skinny tires that actually looked rideable. (By the main Ducati booth, IIRC)
The steam punk Harley that was in the Moto Art booth was pretty interesting too.

On the whole though, I find the Las Vegas Motorcycle Auction a lot more appealing. What can I say? I'll take a '74 Alpina still in a crate over a GSXRYZRDS 600 any day, but that's just me.

Still, the Ducati girls are nice.
Sorry to hear about your cameras.

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.

~Augustine of Hippo
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:32 AM   #96
GHOST RIDER ?
found second gear

Oddometer: 1,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmanlol View Post
also have a discount code from progressive (prg8nye), but the total price is $13. not as good as DLR2013 @ $12.25.

thanks for the ticket code just bought tickets on my way to the show
Old 01-19-2013, 07:13 AM   #97
Rodknee
I wish I was Ghetto

Oddometer: 2,158
question for those who passed by the ktm booth, is the 1190 adventure at the show?
NY to Alaska Ride Report Aug 14'
2014 Rides: Katie M Big girl & Berg Hoon'icycle
RIP Buddy 1999-2014
Rodknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:34 AM   #98
wpbarlow
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by b18c5rodney View Post
question for those who passed by the ktm booth, is the 1190 adventure at the show?
No. Which makes sense from KTM's pov. I would have loved to have seen it, but why dilute 2013 models appeal with something that won't be available until (according to a couple of orange folks there) around 1/14.

Overall I enjoyed the show. Somehow the overall vibe seemed very positive and mellow, the seminars I attended were interesting (YES school and (a little less so) the Schwantz session, good mix of non-cruiser type lifestyle vendors and some neat specials.
wpbarlow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:21 AM   #99
pocomike
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Show was a good time. Highlight was meeting Lois from Lois on the loose.
pocomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:41 AM   #100
ktmjohn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by racermx66 View Post
... The Ducati girls and the girls around the Moto GP bikes had to be the hottest girls I EVER saw.....

Pics, we need PICS !

www.lirtc.org | www.occr.net

ktmjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:57 AM   #101
RonkoRider
Wrong Island, NY

Oddometer: 1,485
I ended up with a new Shoei Neotech at a very good price from the NY Honda/Yama guys. Great Price!

I picked up a new battery tender for my bike so I can now leave both bikes plugged in. As far as the gadgets go, I was disappointed. The Go Pro video like cameras Ghost and Drifter models were cool but I just couldn't justify the cost AND a new helmet to the Wife.

They had some Vanson and Belstaff gear for sale. The Adaptiv guys had a neat hi viz jacket the lights up due to a battery powered lumenencet (sp?) tape. Think of timex day glo watch lighting. Plenty of pleather and patches for the Pirate crowd. Even the states promoting tourism were down. It's definitely better than some of the KelMar shows but just seems every year I go, I'm disappointed by the vendors. I wonder if the other shows out of state have a bigger turnout by the vendors. It's a shame, because there was just as many riders there as last year.
RonkoRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:01 AM   #102
Kainic
Almost there

Oddometer: 380
Anyone know if they had the Husky TR650 at the show?
Kainic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:09 PM   #103
RonkoRider
Wrong Island, NY

Oddometer: 1,485
MMMMMMM Ducati Girls!!!!!!!!!

5 out 6 ain't too bad!
RonkoRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:12 PM   #104
PWRCRZR
Grumpy Old Bastard

Oddometer: 7,454
Holy cow can you say crowded

Still managed to run into several inmates amongst the madness
However, I am not complaining because I know that I am probably better today then I will be tomorrow, so I try and enjoy every day as it comes, and stay determined to live well and be appreciative of what I still can do..."Stromsurfer"
PWRCRZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:42 PM   #105
Rodknee
I wish I was Ghetto

Oddometer: 2,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpbarlow View Post
No. Which makes sense from KTM's pov. I would have loved to have seen it, but why dilute 2013 models appeal with something that won't be available until (according to a couple of orange folks there) around 1/14.

ah, i heard it was fall 2013, so i was hoping to see it. i will skip the show then...
NY to Alaska Ride Report Aug 14'
2014 Rides: Katie M Big girl & Berg Hoon'icycle
RIP Buddy 1999-2014
Rodknee is offline   Reply With Quote