User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 07:00 PM   #2326
Irish769
Wanna-be

Oddometer: 36
Still Waiting......

I'm still waiting for my bike.....I'm starting to get a little PO'd. I have a pocket full o' cash but my dealer keeps saying "I'll call my distributor today to see what's up..." This is from one of the huge all-brands powersports dealerships I have bought from several times so I feel like I should wait it out due to some loyalty I guess. I could probably go across town to a Honda dealership and pick one up today and pay a little more. I have a bunch of stuff already purchased for this bike in a box in my basement....my wife thinks I'm an fookin eejit.
2013 CRF 250L
Irish769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:52 PM   #2327
Tnutt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Handguards

I am trying to find some hand guards for the Honda, and it seems that most of the people are changing to the Pro-taper handlebars. Is there a pair of hand guards that fit the stock handle bars?

Lost rider: I was looking at the pictures you posted on pg149, and was wanting to know how the skid plate you are using is holding up? Where did you get it?

Thanks
Tnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:50 PM   #2328
trainman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 388
Tnutt, I just installed the Tusk D-Flex Handguards on my stock bars that I purchased from Rocky Mountain ATV and M/C, they are $54.99, I got them in Red. http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...lex-Handguards These fit the bike perfect, finish is top notch, and they look great on the bike. I have used these handguards on several dual sport bike with no problems and very durable. You can also get the Spoilers for the handguards for $9.95 extra, they just bolt over the original guards, and will help in cold weather for better protection. I also got the 1" Tusk bar raisers for $19.99, for 7/8 bar 30mm, they also fit perfect and will work with the cables without any adjustments. http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...ebar-Riser-Kit

John

trainman screwed with this post 01-18-2013 at 11:00 PM
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:19 PM   #2329
trainman
Gnarly Adventurer

Ed@Ford, glad to see you got your bike, we are probably the oldest two guys with CRF250L on this forum, from what I figure we have 134 years experience between us and we bought CRF250L's, what were we think'in.

John
Old 01-19-2013, 04:30 AM   #2330
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
Ed@Ford, glad to see you got your bike, we are probably the oldest two guys with CRF250L on this forum, from what I figure we have 134 years experience between us and we bought CRF250L's, what were we think'in.

John
I've only been riding for 46 years.

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:57 AM   #2331
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish769 View Post
I'm still waiting for my bike.....I'm starting to get a little PO'd. I have a pocket full o' cash but my dealer keeps saying "I'll call my distributor today to see what's up..." This is from one of the huge all-brands powersports dealerships I have bought from several times so I feel like I should wait it out due to some loyalty I guess. I could probably go across town to a Honda dealership and pick one up today and pay a little more. I have a bunch of stuff already purchased for this bike in a box in my basement....my wife thinks I'm an fookin eejit.
I had to wait nearly 12 weeks after putting 10% down for the 2nd one my dealer got. I missed the first one.

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:38 AM   #2332
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish769 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPB View Post
I had to wait nearly 12 weeks after putting 10% down for the 2nd one my dealer got. I missed the first one.

We waited months after being on the list waiting for our LRP...

Go get yours if you can, if one dealer has one and one can't get one why should you wait?...

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:11 AM   #2333
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post

Go get yours if you can, if one dealer has one and one can't get one why should you wait?...
I paid no extra shipping on mine from the dealer in Maumee Ohio (Toledo).. What they do to save shipping costs is to wait till there is a full truckload of bikes coming from Honda to them. Oddly, Honda does not charge them shipping when done that way. If the STORE has to make a special run to the warehouse...then they add shipping. Therefore, it might take a week or a month to get their "shipment".
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:11 AM   #2334
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPB View Post
I've only been riding for 46 years.
Darn...beat me by 3 years
Old 01-19-2013, 08:15 AM   #2335
Krono
Speed Junkie

Oddometer: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post

That strange .. here (in Switzerland) they cant sell them.
All Honda dealers stay with them in shop, although they had high expectations with this model.

Not expensive enough i guess

What is cool is im only one in town to ride one, and other riders keep asking me if it's a 50 or a 125cc

L
Old 01-19-2013, 08:20 AM   #2336
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
That strange .. here (in Switzerland) they cant sell them.
All Honda dealers stay with them in shop, although they had high expectations with this model.

Not expensive enough i guess

What is cool is im only one in town to ride one, and other riders keep asking me if it's a 50 or a 125cc

L
Yup...not $$$$ enough...not a BMW or Ducati
Old 01-19-2013, 08:24 AM   #2337
Harcomo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Quote:
Tnutt, I just installed the Tusk D-Flex Handguards on my stock bars that I purchased from Rocky Mountain ATV and M/C, they are $54.99, I got them in Red. http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...lex-Handguards These fit the bike perfect, finish is top notch, and they look great on the bike. I have used these handguards on several dual sport bike with no problems and very durable. You can also get the Spoilers for the handguards for $9.95 extra, they just bolt over the original guards, and will help in cold weather for better protection. I also got the 1" Tusk bar raisers for $19.99, for 7/8 bar 30mm, they also fit perfect and will work with the cables without any adjustments. http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/...ebar-Riser-Kit

John
Got any close up pictures of the Tusk risers mounted on the 250L?
Harcomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:25 AM   #2338
trainman
Gnarly Adventurer

I guess it just depends where you live, here in Texas they are available and I had no problem in getting one and didn't have to wait. Here in the DFW area after visiting different dealers and looking at the bike, sometimes they would have one and then at other times they wouldn't, but if I wanted one they could get one pretty quick if I was a buyer. Since I have been buying my bikes from the dealer in Georgetown, Texas (by Austin) when I called them they said that they just had sold the one on the floor, but had another in their warehouse and could have it ready by tomorrow. This is a mega dealer and said that sales we good on this bike, but they were available from Honda at their local distributor at the present time so how many did I want. I think what you will find is that dealers in general have to submit to their manufacture on how many bikes (models) they want for that selling year and that's what bikes you will be allowed from them. That is if your planing potential is 12 CRF250L's for the year, that's what you are going to get, 12. This is why some dealers will deal better then others, because they know how many they will get from Honda, if you under estimate sales on said bike you will probably hold your prices higher. Remember this, the bigger mega dealers can twist Honda's arm a lot more then a small low volume dealer can, the result is more of the popular model bikes for him, thus he can get some of Honda's over runs where others dealers can't. Remember the whole world is running on projected sales.
John
Old 01-19-2013, 08:34 AM   #2339
trainman
Gnarly Adventurer

I'm not good a posting pics, but if you will e-mail me direct I can send you the pics, or if someone would be kind enough to post them for me I can e-mail them to you, thanks.

John
Old 01-19-2013, 09:20 AM   #2340
dangerdawg
NooB

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
I'm not good a posting pics, but if you will e-mail me direct I can send you the pics, or if someone would be kind enough to post them for me I can e-mail them to you, thanks.

John
Get yourself a free Google Drive account. You can store up to 5 Gigabytes there for free. Upload yours pics, set them to shared, copy the link and paste it here. Your pics stay there "forever", that is they don't get deleted after 6 months or a year. (very annoying to read a 1 year old thread and the link to the pics is broke)

Riding for 43 years here too...