User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2013, 08:25 AM   #11
Tucos
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 307
I have Wolfman racks made by backroads moto and the expedition soft bags, and pelican storm hard cases. I like the expedition cases for heavy off road use but if you are in and out of the bags a lot, it becomes a pain in the butt. I used the pelicans for a trip to copper canyon and was much happier due to ease of access to documents, etc. I also only packed about half of each case and was able to fit my jacket and pants in them, locked up, when eating or whatever. I had an encounter with a log that ripped one of the pelicans off of the rack. The mounting setup for the hard cases bent, as designed, and saved the rack and cases from any damage. Berg Briggs from backroads moto sent me a couple new easy to change pieces and I was back to like new condition. On the copper canyon trip, my buddy on a GS with Jessie's, had a tumble. The aluminum bent and one side would not close and the other had a hole ground into it. I am not saying that wouldn't happen with the pelicans but I hit that afformentioned log pretty hard and the case was still square. Good luck with your choice there are a ton of good products.
Tucos is offline   Reply With Quote