Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2011, 07:49 PM   #16
Misery Goat
Positating the negative

Oddometer: 74,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckerdD View Post
I am not sure they still do this. I called my Am Fam agent about riding to SA. He said we don't cover you at all outside the USA (And Canada). That was less than a month ago. Dave
Your standard Amfam policy will have an outside the US exclusion. It could be BM has coverage through his umbrella policy which follows him outside the US.

Same as it ever was

My Wanderlust
Misery Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #17
tumbler45
tumbler

Oddometer: 100
SOAT in Columbia - held up for 3 days

A group of us have just disembarked the StalRatte two days ago and are in Cartagena. We have had a problem with the SOAT, it will not be available to us until Monday afternoon. The agent has arranged to have it in place and email us copies Monday. We are wondering if how risky it would be to depart Cartagena before we have the actual official paperwork of the SOAT. The agent has promised to be available to explain the situation to any officer we might have a problem with.

Are there any other option available to us? Is how risky is it to depart Cartagena for points further south in Columbia?

Thanks!
tumbler45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:57 AM   #18
crashmaster
ow, my balls!

Oddometer: 4,956
All depends on how lucky you feel. I was checked for SOAT at a police checkpoint (Berlin Pass) only once in Colombia, and I spent a lot of time there and went through numerous police checkpoints. But, get in an accident and you will wish you had it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumbler45 View Post
A group of us have just disembarked the StalRatte two days ago and are in Cartagena. We have had a problem with the SOAT, it will not be available to us until Monday afternoon. The agent has arranged to have it in place and email us copies Monday. We are wondering if how risky it would be to depart Cartagena before we have the actual official paperwork of the SOAT. The agent has promised to be available to explain the situation to any officer we might have a problem with.

Are there any other option available to us? Is how risky is it to depart Cartagena for points further south in Columbia?

Thanks!

crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #19
ApexJeff
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
Insurance

Del, Ken and I paid an extra $170 to leave on Saturday,, with an annual policy, works for us since we plan on storing moto's until next Jan. Jessica's mom, did the paperwork, in hind site we both questioned handing over the $60, should of got our own insurance which was a couple blocks down the road. Jessica SHOULD HAVE known and Manfred, AND Stahlratte about procedures. She just F'd around on Friday afternoon. We went to Santa Marta on Saturday with numerous checkpoints and not being stopped with military smiling and waving us through. Military is super, but local police might be an issue? We left this morning and are now in Aquachica, not being stopped.
ApexJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:54 PM   #20
tumbler45
tumbler

Oddometer: 100
We left Cartagena Sunday morning, just arrived in Medellin a few hours ago. Didn't get stopped anywhere along the way. It was definitely a bit risky, but I understand we are now 100% insured. We did come across a pretty bad ass bullfight about 5 hours south of Cartagena (and yea, i did get in the ring!)

Good travels,

www.facebook.com/thefuegoproject.com
tumbler45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:45 AM   #21
Lcdc
n00b

Oddometer: 2
that sucks

So... there are actually NO insurance for bikes if it gets stolen... period?
Lcdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:02 PM   #22
bananaman
transcontimental

Oddometer: 6,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcdc View Post
So... there are actually NO insurance for bikes if it gets stolen... period?
Right.
bananaman is offline   Reply With Quote