Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 02:44 PM   #18091
8340SU
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,316
Speedbrain

The Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain finishes an excellent Dakar 2013

The Dakar 2013 has officially ended today with a spectacular victory and closing ceremony. Taking part were all teams who successfully finished the 35th edition of the Mother of all Rallyes. This year´s Dakar started on 5 January in the Peruvian capital of Lima and ended 8,000 km later after 14 stages in Santiago de Chile.

The Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain was considered to be a podium threat upon only its second participation. Although the team ultimately couldn´t quite meet the expectations, the squad led by Team Manager Wolfgang Fischer can be very satisfied with the result. Altogether 12 podium spots were achieved, among them four stage victories. This underlines the ambitions to play a leading role and makes a bold statement for the upcoming rally season and the Dakar 2014.

Wolfgang Fischer, Team Manager Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain: "We took part with a great team and well prepared. The stage victories and the many podium spots have emphasised the winning capabilities of the team.
We all could see that especially Joan Barrada is a certain front-runner. All riders, mechanics and the whole staff have shown fighting spirit despite some challenges. I am happy we all arrived here safe and sound. After the Dakar is before the Dakar, that´s why we together with our partner Husqvarna Motorcycles and the BMW Group will start into the new season already next week."

Stefan Krause, Technical Director Husqvarna Rallye Team by Speedbrain: "We worked for one year towards the Dakar and made enormous progress in the development. The chassis and related components were developed from scratch after the Dakar 2012. The victory at the Pharaons Rally and the runner-up finish at the Morocco Rallye confirmed the concept. The Dakar remains the toughest rally on earth and no test environment can simulate this race at 100 per cent. We´ve shown with our stage results that our bike is presently one of the best on the market. I´d like to take the opportunity to thank all our partners and suppliers for their support."

Berthold Hauser, Dakar Project leader BMW Motorrrad: "Congratulations to the whole team for the fantastic effort. The whole staff did an outstanding job from the word go all the way to the finish line, always working highly professional. Although we had targetted a podium result, we can definitely say that our day performances saw us at the front. The team participated only for the second time with the new motorcycle concept. We collected a lot of valuable experience you can only gather here. Hats off to team principal Wolfgang Fischer for this achievement. The team is well positioned for the future with him at the helm. Things move on and everyone´s fired up for the new Rally World Championship campaign and obviously for the Dakar 2014."
8340SU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #18092
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 45,399
They're so afraid to win. Snooker sure makes some competitors.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #18093
knybanjo
kinda slow

Oddometer: 23,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgunther View Post
22:55 (UTC/GMT), so you haven't missed anything yet. And as it is right now it looks like the underdog in the snooker match is hitting back. =/
WooooHooooo

More Snewkah!!
Old 01-20-2013, 02:53 PM   #18094
knybanjo
kinda slow

Thank you AZ-Twin!!

I missed the Live show yesterday....catching it now!

Old 01-20-2013, 02:55 PM   #18095
8340SU
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,316
Double Bike Top Ten and Quad Victory for Yamaha in 2013 Dakar

Yamaha Racing France’s Olivier Pain completed the final stage of the 2013 Dakar Rally in eighth place to hold on just outside the top five in sixth in the final standings. The Frenchman’s Dakar has been a rollercoaster, leading the rally for five stages before mixed luck dropped him down the standings and required a fight back.

Fellow Yamaha rider Frans Verhoeven finished today’s final stage in 11th position to secure a top ten place of ninth in the final standings. The Yamaha Netherlands Verhoeven Team rider has also experienced the highs and lows of the Dakar, after an impressive start fighting with the front riders Verhoeven was hit by bad luck and forced into the catch up game. Catch up he did, taking an impressive stage win on Thursday and completing the 2013 Dakar in ninth position. Today’s final stage saw him denied eighth in the final standings due to a lucky escape when he missed a turn and dropped his bike into a ravine. Verhoeven was able to continue, securing his final position of ninth.

Pain’s French team mate Michael Metge had a late surge, the Yamaha Racing France rider wrapping up today’s stage in 14th to take 18th overall.

Yamaha Racing Argentina quad rider Marcos Patronelli never looked in doubt for the quad title, the Argentinian rider effortlessly defending his substantial time lead, finishing today in third to take the Rally win with a margin of one hour and fifty minutes. Patronelli led a Yamaha one-two-three in the standings.

“I had an amazing first week, leading the rally for five stages. Then, a small navigational mistake cost me dearly,” said Olivier Pain. “I started the first week further back and had a run of bad luck. I fell on my back and, during the same stage, I got a hole in my tank and lost loads of time. Then, I hurt my elbow. I calmed down for a while in order to recover, and over the last few days I managed to claw my way back up the classification. Now I'm sixth. I was aiming for the Top 5, I'm just outside it but the first week makes up for it all. It was a nice Dakar for me.”

“It was a very dangerous last stage,” Frans Verhoeven said after he finished the special in the village of Limache. “The first part of the stage was 100 kilometers and it was filled with many ongoing turns. To be honest I took a lot of risks. In the first 50 kilometers I was very fast but also very precise. Afterwards I heard I had opened a one and a half minute gap on Pizzolito. That would have been more than enough to pass him in the standings. Unfortunately I lost the bike and it slid downwards into the ravine. Luckily it got stuck on a big rock. I had to climb down to recover it. It didn’t take much time, but there was a big hole in the fuel tank. I knew I had more than enough fuel and took the risk to open the gas again. It took me a minute, I think. Now I am ninth with just a few seconds difference to Pizzolito. It’s fine like this. I realize it could have been much worse. For now it’s just a matter of getting to Santiago and find my hotel. I am looking forward to a bath and a bed.”
8340SU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #18096
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,964
Next year F5 Team Captains need to put a new rule in the F5irehose Rulebook, Code 147-13.5C: "No snoo, snooo (ack! I can't say it) shall clutter up the Dakar coverage".

That's all....
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #18097
skibum69
slave to gravity

Oddometer: 5,011
wow, looks like you all had fun, I missed pretty much the whole event this year due to other important commitments
RIP ITsteve, ride in peace my friend
save $5 on a new smugmug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk
skibum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #18098
knybanjo
kinda slow

A possible 4 frames remaining!!

....but he only needs one.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #18099
XSpearsX
Dakar Widow

Oddometer: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy1 View Post
Thanks Sandi! After everything you (and us) went thru with him to get there, we need that pic!
Should have pix soon! He didn't show up when they called his name this am (first one of the day).....sigh...oh no, here we go again. Where is Luis?????? He wanted to wait and cross with his brother. So he showed up later.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:11 PM   #18100
Evil Invader
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 639
Na, blondie looks tired.

M Motoadventures
Evil Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:15 PM   #18101
Lobster Grrl
Ground feeder

Oddometer: 2,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by XSpearsX View Post
Should have pix soon! He didn't show up when they called his name this am (first one of the day).....sigh...oh no, here we go again. Where is Luis?????? He wanted to wait and cross with his brother. So he showed up later.

That is so Luis! Showing up late for his medal
Glad he waited for his brother though, they both earned it
Lobster Grrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:24 PM   #18102
knybanjo
kinda slow

Today's Supercross Main....isn't snooker great!

Old 01-20-2013, 03:28 PM   #18103
Mad Cow
Dakar Addict!

Oddometer: 546
Selby just missed a red

MY BLOG
Mad Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:36 PM   #18104
XSpearsX
Dakar Widow

Oddometer: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster Grrl View Post

That is so Luis! Showing up late for his medal
Glad he waited for his brother though, they both earned it
And.....he was pushing it lol
Old 01-20-2013, 03:44 PM   #18105
Mad Cow
Dakar Addict!

Oddometer: 546
Robertsons gone off for a pee!

Why can't he just piss his pants like they do on the Dakar?

Alledgedly

MY BLOG
Mad Cow is offline   Reply With Quote