ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #136
Honda55
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Quakertown, PA
Oddometer: 201
Anybody know where I can buy a masterlink for the chain? Local dealer says it is a 532 and they can't find one for it? Took the chain off to remove the wheel and needed a quick masterlink and this happend.


Andrew
Honda55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:02 PM   #137
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer
 
Grainbelt's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Minnyhappiness
Oddometer: 26,775
You should have been able to remove the rear wheel with the chain intact. Just have to loosen the tensioners all the way and slide the axle forward in the swingarm.

That being said, bike bandit seems to have them.
Grainbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #138
Honda55
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Quakertown, PA
Oddometer: 201
Dont know how i didnt see that. Thanks
Honda55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:02 PM   #139
CavDoc
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Jersey Shore, but not NJ
Oddometer: 26
Just found this thread and figured I'd check in! I have a 2009 FZ6 that I bought as my first bike when I came home from deployment at the very end of 2009. I've got about 12,000 trouble-free miles on the bike so far and it's been a gem! I do have a bit of a "thunk" coming from my front fairing that I need to sort out and some vibes up there - but I plan on tearing it apart and tightening everything up (and yes, I need to do a TB sync!).

I'm curious how you guys get 9k miles out of a rear tire - at 12,000 miles I'm about to put on my third front tire and I'm on my third or forth rear tire!

CavDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:58 PM   #140
Honda55
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Quakertown, PA
Oddometer: 201
Buy a better quality tire? Or take it a little easier with that right wrist.
Honda55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #141
BanjoBoy
Studly Adventurer
 
BanjoBoy's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Northern CA
Oddometer: 874
Congratulation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CavDoc View Post
Just found this thread and figured I'd check in! I have a 2009 FZ6 that I bought as my first bike when I came home from deployment at the very end of 2009. I've got about 12,000 trouble-free miles on the bike so far and it's been a gem! I do have a bit of a "thunk" coming from my front fairing that I need to sort out and some vibes up there - but I plan on tearing it apart and tightening everything up (and yes, I need to do a TB sync!).

I'm curious how you guys get 9k miles out of a rear tire - at 12,000 miles I'm about to put on my third front tire and I'm on my third or forth rear tire!

Glad ta see yer dirt'in it up.

__________________
2007 FJR1300
2007 FZ6 (Dirt bike)
BanjoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:08 AM   #142
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored
 
HaChayalBoded's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: BRC \ NYC
Oddometer: 7,341
Think I'm gonna let the Ventura rack go, not what I'm after. Anyone interested? Comes with a few top racks and the waterproof bag,
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:14 PM   #143
Honda55
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Quakertown, PA
Oddometer: 201
Any pics? what size bag?
Honda55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:51 PM   #144
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored
 
HaChayalBoded's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: BRC \ NYC
Oddometer: 7,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda55 View Post
Any pics? what size bag?
Here ya go, bag is 51 liters.


More pics here

Yamaha FZ6-N rack from Ventura | Leading Online Motorcycle Luggage Store



And a video here.

Ventura Bike-Pack System - YouTube
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:35 AM   #145
Honda55
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Quakertown, PA
Oddometer: 201
A little too big for my uses, but Im sure someone will snag it.
Honda55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:58 PM   #146
1Scorpion
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: West central Fl.
Oddometer: 38
Hi Guys ! I just bought a 2005 blue FZ6 with just over 12000 miles on it. I've only ridden it twice but it's quite a bike. I've got loads of riding experince. On lots of different bikes. But I really like this one for our Sunday morning breakfast rides. I think it will make a great light weight sport tourer. I have to admit after looking quickly thru this post I never would have thought of anyone taking it off road. I'll stick to the pavement with mine.
1Scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:17 PM   #147
BanjoBoy
Studly Adventurer
 
BanjoBoy's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Northern CA
Oddometer: 874
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Scorpion View Post
Hi Guys ! I just bought a 2005 blue FZ6 with just over 12000 miles on it. I've only ridden it twice but it's quite a bike. I've got loads of riding experince. On lots of different bikes. But I really like this one for our Sunday morning breakfast rides. I think it will make a great light weight sport tourer. I have to admit after looking quickly thru this post I never would have thought of anyone taking it off road. I'll stick to the pavement with mine.
Yeah, but when the roads are iced up, there's more traction in the dirt!

__________________
2007 FJR1300
2007 FZ6 (Dirt bike)
BanjoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:03 PM   #148
mrphotoman
Beastly Adventurer
 
mrphotoman's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: KBR27
Oddometer: 1,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Scorpion View Post
Hi Guys ! I just bought a 2005 blue FZ6 with just over 12000 miles on it. I've only ridden it twice but it's quite a bike. I've got loads of riding experince. On lots of different bikes. But I really like this one for our Sunday morning breakfast rides. I think it will make a great light weight sport tourer. I have to admit after looking quickly thru this post I never would have thought of anyone taking it off road. I'll stick to the pavement with mine.
What do you use for a Thursday brunch ride?
mrphotoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:20 AM   #149
CavDoc
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Jersey Shore, but not NJ
Oddometer: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrphotoman View Post
What do you use for a Thursday brunch ride?
I heard the Speed Triple was a good Thursday bike...and that an old GS was for Monday brunch.

Whereas the Panigale R is the only acceptable Saturday afternoon bike.
CavDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #150
1Scorpion
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: West central Fl.
Oddometer: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrphotoman View Post
What do you use for a Thursday brunch ride?
I work during the week. So I ride my work truck on weekdays. That plus I only have the one bike for now. I find I only ride one at a time anyways.
1Scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014