Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 03:48 PM   #736
bavarian
bavarian

Oddometer: 1,769
Hi there - and thank you for your wishes. It's always a pleasure to read your awesome ride report, there's only two I currently read - yours and the Sibirski one. Glad you update it so often, I know how much work it is and I appreciate it!
bavarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:28 AM   #737
RobBD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 305
Happy New Year - looking forward to this years ride reports - you do a great job - Thanks for taking the time
RobBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #738
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Oddometer: 2,159
Cheers guys ive had an easy week around here in Kotor Montenegro its really nice here so just been enjoying some local riding and walks around this beautiful city. Ill start with how I spent the last day of 2012 with an amazing ride up into the hills.

Found a nice place to call home for a little while, dont know why I like this place so much maybe its just the beautiful scenary he he he better hurry Ev lol

rideforsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:16 PM   #739
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

But enough chit chat lets go for a ride up into the hills on the last day of 2012, this is the map of part of the ride today looks fun hey.

The road runs along the lake shore before starting its journey up the hill, heres a view of kotor as I started the climb up.

The first section of road was fun with noone else around so was able to get stuck into it, these Tourance tyres arent the best you certainly get a hell of a lot of movement under you but the plus side is if I was on the Pirellis they be bald already plus nearly going ass over a few times as you push it a bit always adds to the adrenalin levels. Heres another shot of the view from a bit further up.

This is the view looking back to the first section of the ride up as it winds out of Kotor.

And this is looking back down 3/4 of the way up it shows a portion of the road looping back on itself, it's fun but probably a little narrow with a few to many blind corners to be classified as a great ride but still got it up to 120 k's in spots, ok I know thats not fast but you come get your bike up to 120 k's an hour on this and you will be laughing your head off and not cause your having fun but because you will be thinking that guy was a dickhead ahahahah the truth hurts sometimes woo hoo im supposed to be dead already anyway so lets get it on baby ahahaha I have to admit there was a few times when I shit myself a little, but mostly it was fun.

Made it to the top there were some really spectacular views from up here overlooking Boka Kotorska, I have to say this is a really beautiful part of the world.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 01-05-2013 at 04:46 PM
Old 01-05-2013, 04:58 PM   #740
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

While I was up here I thought id try and show my baby a good time and find a bit of fun see if i could sweet talk her into letting me get stuck into her. We found some snow covered roads and I didnt take her on those so i was being gentle.

I was getting pretty excited taking pictures of my baby's ass so took her off to another nice easy riding road where she could relax and get her in the mood.

So ive been gentle, now im being kind.

Lets throw in a bit of romance by sitting an enjoying the view together, then I reckon id have to be a sure thing, come on baby ive been nice gentle and romantic but now im just going to jump on you and hump you all the way back down the hill

Got back down and went down the waterfront after giving my baby a good humping and relaxed by having a ciggarette by the Boka, ok it looks like im having a crap but when you got to go, you got to go. What a great way to see out a fantastic year of motorcycling, 2012, what a Sunday ride thats been.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 01-05-2013 at 05:12 PM
Old 01-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #741
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Im just having a bit of a break from blogging for the new year, been going for a few rides over to Budva and around the Boka and walks into the old town and up to the fortress up the hill, yeah I actually made it I didnt think i was going to but I took my time and step after step my back survived which was an absolute bonus. As I was walking up I was waiting for the step that my back just went yep im done but fortunatly it didnt come, it is usually like that just push it just that fraction to hard and bang shes gone and every step is agony. Ill upload some pictures in the next few days but have been really enjoying relaxing in Kotor.

Im basically waiting for Ev and when I can get back into the EU as its still a bit to cold to be going inland at this stage and its just beautiful here around 15 or 16 degrees celcius sun is shining and ive just been walking around in shorts and tshirt. The days are fairly short so you really only have about 6 hours of daylight to do anything which is a great excuse to do exactly that, nothing. Ill be leaving for Albania in a few days meh im in a really nice apartment with all English tv channels and more importantly the bed is really comfortable 2013 has started off in a relaxing mode but im sure the long riding and travelling will start soon enough ive got a lot of kilometres and countries to cover in the next 9 months.

Heres just a small section of the steps up to the fortress

And the view from the top was really nice too

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 01-11-2013 at 09:37 AM
Old 01-11-2013, 09:43 AM   #742
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

A much as I dont like making to many plans the route I have been researching and probably going to be taking in 2013 is through Albania, Macedonia, Bulgaria, Stans across to Mongolia back up into Russia and across the road of bones to Magadan and then depending on what month I get there either down by ferry to Vladivostok and to Japan and South Korea and across to Alaska but weather will certainly come into play at that point on which way I go.

As you can imagine im enjoying doing bugger all while I can for the next few weeks mentally preparing myself for what lies ahead plus Ev will be joining me as soon as she can finish up so i'll not have a lot of motorbike riding to do but other exhausting activities as well, you know what I mean, listen to her nagging me to death ahahah

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 02-08-2013 at 09:36 AM
Old 01-18-2013, 05:02 PM   #743
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Still alive and hanging out in Kotor Montenegro, the weather has been pretty wet but its not to bad although getting plenty of strange looks from the locals walking aroiund in shorts and flip flops as you can imagine, ok its briskish and there is snow on the hills above Kotor but its still like 8 degrees celcius so not to bad.

Me and Ev have been discussing our route and places we would like to go and shes keen on Romania so that will be a great start, theres a road there I want to ride one of the famous motorbike car roads in the world. So at this stage it looks like when Ev joins me it will be in Bucharest and from there we will decide where we go from there. They just told me I can stay here for the next for free if i like yhat might be an offer to good to refuse so looks like ill be here till later in the week then ill be heading south. Im enjoying my time here its really relaxing and such a beautiful part of the world.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:44 AM   #744
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

It's 21. 01.2013 so that makes it 2 years today since I left home to start this motorcycle adventure. I always said id ride till I got bored, so am I bored yet, "no way" Im looking forward to the next part of the adventure with Ev more than any part so far. I know this ride report could be a bit boring and slow but one thing ive learnt is everyone's adventure is their own whether they are riding through Africa in 6 weeks or taking for ever to get anywhere like me, which ever way you do it its amazing fun riding a motorbike into the sunset, so if you are thinking of doing one dont ever let anyone find a negative reason why you shouldnt, just go for it, you will certainly never regret it.

Bring on the next year.

Oh by the way im still in Kotor Montenegro.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 01-21-2013 at 06:50 AM
Old 01-21-2013, 07:55 AM   #745
thomas.tc.young
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 853
2 years on the road summed up in 50 pages. Crazy to think that's 1/11 of my life. Spent all morning reading your RR, keep posting and thanks for sharing.

thomas.tc.young screwed with this post 01-21-2013 at 08:02 AM
thomas.tc.young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #746
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Had a great chat with Ewa tonight and we have decided on our route across to other side of Russia riding parts of the Silk Road. We have decided to brush Scandinavia and what else I havent seen of Europe for now so we can take out time riding across Turkey Georgia the Stans Mongolia and Russia as it is always dependant on weather going that way, by leaving in March we will have plenty of time to explore and do that trip at a nice pace. I'll definalty be back at some point all things going well, I have loved my time here in Europe and there is just so much more to see.

I'lll be meeting Ewa in Bucharest Romania then heading northwest so I can ride/race along the Transfăgărășan Road, apparently one of the best roads in the world to ride, from there we are heading to Turkey, Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan, ferry to Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkenistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgzstan, Mongolia, Russia and over through Siberia to the Road of Bones and Magadan, from there it will be a cargo boat back down to Vladivostok and then over to Japan by ferry, from there another decison will be made on direction North America or Asia.

So a good years travel ahead should be lot of fun and a but more of the adventure motorcycling I miss. The adventure starts the first week in March and until then I still have Albania, Macedonia, Bulgaria to cruise around. Going to be an amazing ride.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 01-24-2013 at 05:24 PM
Old 01-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #747
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas.tc.young View Post
2 years on the road summed up in 50 pages. Crazy to think that's 1/11 of my life. Spent all morning reading your RR, keep posting and thanks for sharing.

Cheers mate, the next leg of the adventure starts soon im taking some time off here in Montenegro but now I have a plan of attack its all systems go and im keen as mustard to hit the Road again.

My little Polish girl Ewa will be with me for as long as its fun which will be great shes a top chick. We talked about buying her safety gear today but I told her to wait and we will find a lingerie shop together for all her safety gear needs ahahahah
Old 01-30-2013, 03:01 AM   #748
EyeCake
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideforsmiles View Post
Had a great chat with Ewa tonight and we have decided on our route across to other side of Russia riding parts of the Silk Road. We have decided to brush Scandinavia and what else I havent seen of Europe for now so we can take out time riding across Turkey Georgia the Stans Mongolia and Russia as it is always dependant on weather going that way, by leaving in March we will have plenty of time to explore and do that trip at a nice pace. I'll definalty be back at some point all things going well, I have loved my time here in Europe and there is just so much more to see.

I'lll be meeting Ewa in Bucharest Romania then heading northwest so I can ride/race along the Transfăgărășan Road, apparently one of the best roads in the world to ride, from there we are heading to Turkey, Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan, ferry to Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkenistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgzstan, Mongolia, Russia and over through Siberia to the Road of Bones and Magadan, from there it will be a cargo boat back down to Vladivostok and then over to Japan by ferry, from there another decison will be made on direction North America or Asia.

So a good years travel ahead should be lot of fun and a but more of the adventure motorcycling I miss. The adventure starts the first week in March and until then I still have Albania, Macedonia, Bulgaria to cruise around. Going to be an amazing ride.
Not quite sure when you are planning to leave Bucharest but I don't think the Transfăgărășan Road opens from winter snow blockages until late May or early June.
I have enjoyed reading your blog and look forward to the Asian leg
EyeCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:33 AM   #749
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeCake View Post
Not quite sure when you are planning to leave Bucharest but I don't think the Transfăgărășan Road opens from winter snow blockages until late May or early June.
I have enjoyed reading your blog and look forward to the Asian leg
Hey Eyecake, Yeah unfortunalty I just realised that in my research of my next leg, oh well ill find some other good roads to ride and it always gives me an excuse to come back now.

Im still in Kotor Montengero relaxing organising all the visa info, Letters of Introduction and getting all my paperwork back in order after losing it all when they stole my pannier in Prague, its been ok in Europe but from what I can gather all my paperwork will have to be in order when I hit some of the Stans and Russia.

I leave for Albania in a next week for sure this time ive really enjoyed Kotor its a beautiful part of the world and been nice to chill and relax here.

I was talking to Ev about starting her own blog cause it will give a totally different perspective of the adventure, like when she sees beautiful scenary alot of times I just be see nice tits ahahaha

Thanks for following
Old 02-23-2013, 10:12 PM   #750
Channey
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Hi Sheldon, the Transfăgărășan Road is not such a big deal. It is a new road in great condition and you can ride fast on it. However, it is quite short. I went on it last October just before they close.
Hope everything is going well with your visas. Contact David Berghof at Stantours for letter of introduction and visa application for the Stans and Russia. His email address:stantours@gmx.net.

Channey screwed with this post 02-23-2013 at 10:30 PM
Channey is offline   Reply With Quote