The triumph tiger picture thread!

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by scorch, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Gren

Gren Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Lots of cracking tigers in this thread it's taken me about a week to get through it I'll have to get some shots of the my 1050 taken when the weathers warmer up around the west coast of Scotland.....:D

Ps
    Got to ask theres a lot of bikes with the panniers on all the time are they empty if so why not take them off especially if ur only going out for the day..???
  2. blacktiger

blacktiger Tigers R great.

Oddometer:
    Photos never do that colour justice. Those things are luminous.:brow
  3. WVdyhrd

WVdyhrd mudhole 400 guy

Oddometer:
    :clap can't wait to see it.

On the pannier front, I use them. For example yesterday was 23degrees. One box held my tool kit, tow strap, beer, and other bits. The other had a complete dry change of clothing and some survival materail (solar blanket, first aide kit, etc). At least in my neck of the woods, a fail while riding can lead to an actual need of survival/recovery gear. Much but not all of our ADV riding, around here, is in areas that paid (say AMA or AAA) recovery is a pipedream. If you have a way to call them (cell signal is weak in the forest) You tell them where you are and they laugh till you hang up. So a buddy helps, or if solo, you get yourself out.

Also when offroad they provide great grash protection :ricky

I also leave em on the majority of the time when I'm commuting. For the same reasons above. It's almost 100mi round-trip, on back-roads (I'd rather miss work then take interstate). They don't add any measurable mass to the bike (if my handlebars fit through somewhere so will my boxes), and you never know when you may need storage (rain gear, tools, parts, groceries, etc). You never know when a jaunt through the hills will lead you past that awesome thing at a market that you must have.

Personal taste too I suppose. I personally prefer the look of a girlie with the bags on as opposed to off.

Finally, and most importantly, that's where all my stickers are :deal duh
  4. Rusty Rocket

Rusty Rocket Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer:
    I KNEW IT! :lol3

Whenever I ride someones bike w/ panniers in an offroad setting, I invariably run one into the back of my leg. You guys either have bruises on the back of your legs all the time, or you fall alot.:wink:
  5. cbxtc6

cbxtc6 On my Way...

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Alberta 2012
  6. blacktiger

blacktiger Tigers R great.

Oddometer:
    Sounds like you should look at something like a Spot locator beacon. http://international.findmespot.com/
  7. WVdyhrd

WVdyhrd mudhole 400 guy

Oddometer:
    I definitely have. But the cost is a bit much. If I was doing long trips it'd be a must. If solo, and going off the beaten path everyone should let a family member or buddy know where they're off to, just in case.

This was an adjustment for me. Went from a 400 Enduro to the tiger and it happened a few times. The worst experience is if you try to dap in heavy ruts or rocky terrain and your ends up between the bag and the alternatively elevated surroundings!

It just taught me to Keep feet on pegs, stand more, and generally you never know they are there. :deal

You get used to them being there really.

This also isn't too uncommon :lol3 . But I promise when it does, it usually means the risk was worth it. (note this is more likely to happen offroad, not dirtroad). Ya gotta realize many "county roads" in Appalachia invariably turn into mud covered quad trails and such. Once they get kinda nasty you usually don't want to backtrack out without at least trying to get through. It may take me a couple tries, but I promise to be entertaining in the interim.
  8. WVdyhrd

WVdyhrd mudhole 400 guy

Oddometer:
    That is absolutely gorgeous, meaning the bike AND the road. Happy tiger :clap worth quoting
  9. Drunk_Uncle

Drunk_Uncle Long timer

Oddometer:
    I leave my bags on all the time because its easier.
  10. WVdyhrd

WVdyhrd mudhole 400 guy

Oddometer:
    :clap

I've always found drunk uncles to be more concise :)
  11. Dirtmonkey8

Dirtmonkey8 VA is for Riders

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Finally slow enough at work to post a pic of my beast.
  12. DC Chad

DC Chad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bit slippy with that road rubber eh :evil nice in white:1drink
  13. Dirtmonkey8

Dirtmonkey8 VA is for Riders

Oddometer:
    Yeah. We started down one road I didn't think I would get back up without some help. Had to do a lot of foot paddling but made it. The tires did better than I expected, but I am looking forward to wearing them out and getting some treas on there that I won't have to worry about where I go. The Wolfman bags make paddling and dabbing with the feet safe and easy.
  14. burmbuster

burmbuster Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you have the Bridgestones it will be awhile before you wear them out. I finally squared the rear tire enough to convence myself I needed new shoes. Boy what a difference more aggressive tires make!:D
  15. WVdyhrd

WVdyhrd mudhole 400 guy

Oddometer:
    Beer, tiger and music. Who needs much else? She is kind and patient and can take some rough stuff (nudge nudge wink wink). Doesn't bitch, but she does get jealous...she's pretty demanding of my time.

[​IMG]
  16. kid_andres

kid_andres Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Me and my tiger in Ecuador and Peru - South America

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  17. dljocky

dljocky Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice pic. Let me borrow that bike for a month, I'll get those tires wore down for you. :D

18. MingRidesBikes

MingRidesBikes Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just picked her up yesterday and gave her a bath

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. Big Jon

Big Jon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    She's a BEAUTY! It looks like she has a couple of sisters in the garage.Congrats on a really nice looking girlie.:clap
  20. MingRidesBikes

MingRidesBikes Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you sir! yeah she's accompanied by a few dirty bikes, and some sport bikes as well. My roomie and I enjoy our toys.