Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 09:03 PM   #1336
KG6BWS
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
2nd time you asked.

i'm pretty sure i gave you an answer, you put yourself on the waiting list, then cancelled out.

if still interested, put yourself on the waiting list again, and pay when your # is called.

the policy is everyone has to pre pay. .
Whoops, must have missed the reply. Sorry about that.

Dont remember putting myself on the waiting list though.

Im just thinking of maybe running out out for the day on probably saturday. Not camping or hanging out. Although as of a couple hours ago, it looks like I might have a new job working 6/10's with a few 7 day weeks thrown in for good measure so it may not matter.

Justin
01 F650GS Dakar
KG6BWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #1337
J Lewis
Numb Nuts

Oddometer: 500
Just a note to any of the riders on the fence about taking one of the JLR classes leading up to the event.

The March 23,24 (weekend before) is heavy with "on-tour" riders heading to the rally and I suspect will fill up in the next few weeks based on the inquires I have been getting.

The special WED Mar 27th class, arranged by some of the guys on this thread earlier has plenty of openings now but as always happens a few guys get decide to go and then it might fill quickly since I'll have to limit this class size because I can't get my usual assistants during the week. And I like to keep the student/instructor ratio in check.

And here is the worst part, when I do my magic show on Saturday (or is it Friday?) you will wish you learned all that stuff earlier so you could have put it to use.

And since I'm totally pimping my classes here, here is the free offer to everyone here:

If you have a question about riding technique or bike setup, PM me through ADV and I will answer the question back to you and possibly post the good ones in this thread (If Joel wants me to).

I can answer 9 out fo 10 questions without referring to a reference manual.

And fi you are on the waiting list for this ride and want to do something similar there is an event called "AltRider's Taste Of Dakar" taking place in Pahrump, NV Feb. 23-25 with a similar feel yet the give-aways won't stand a chance to Joel's raffle.
J Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:03 AM   #1338
KowBell
Slo-Mo-Shun

Oddometer: 6
Wed Mar 27 special.

I'm interested in this jimmy Lewis class. Where can I find info on it? That is if I make the transfer from the wait list to the in list.
Thanks
KowBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:11 AM   #1339
moto-treks
Back Home

Oddometer: 1,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Lewis View Post
Just a note to any of the riders on the fence about taking one of the JLR classes leading up to the event.

The March 23,24 (weekend before) is heavy with "on-tour" riders heading to the rally and I suspect will fill up in the next few weeks based on the inquires I have been getting.
I'm counting the days

Moto-Treks
moto-treks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:57 AM   #1340
ConTeacher
DirtBikeStuff.net

Oddometer: 225
Thumb The Raffle Keeps Getting Bigger!

A Dual Tool Plus kit consisting of a Promach Dual Tool and a Tamper Resistant Oil Cap.

If you ride a BMW R1200 this new tool will lighten your load and make it more compact. Made of anodized, CNC machined, 6061-T6 aluminum, the Promach DualTool is 1 1/4 inches in diameter by 1 1/2 inches long and weighs in at only 1.8 oz. The outside tool is for spark plug cap removal, and if you can't get a good enough grip on it, just insert a screwdriver through the hole and you've got a T-handle. This tool can be used on the BMW Oilhead and Hexhead models, from 2003-2012. The hex tool is designed to fit your front axle for wheel removal. It has a 22mm hex that will fit the R1200, K1200S, K1200R, and K1200GT front axles, and has a 19mm hex on the other end for socket or wrench use. You can also help out a friend with an F800 BMW since the 19mm hex will fit that bike. It has a 3/8 inch square drive on each end, designed to fit your ratchet or torque wrench.

http://ConTeacher.whereamiriding.com

ConTeacher screwed with this post 02-07-2013 at 06:05 PM Reason: At request of vendor
ConTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #1341
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,674
Was Jan. 18th the cutoff date?
AZ TOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:54 PM   #1342
sopascat
aka "DevilCat"

Oddometer: 3,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ TOM View Post
Was Jan. 18th the cutoff date?
Yes, I see they haven't updated the list yet. I'm sure they'll get to it shortly.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:08 PM   #1343
KowBell
Slo-Mo-Shun

Oddometer: 6
Will take site 38 if available

#38 Paul (campbp)
#129 Jesse (Jandreno)
#130 Chad

Not too fussy about campsite. Would like the three of us together. Will have one van, one pickup and one tent.

Thanks
KowBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:22 PM   #1344
FYYFF
Forever young...

Oddometer: 1,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by campbp View Post
#38 Paul (campbp)
#129 Jesse (Jandreno)
#130 Chad

Not too fussy about campsite. Would like the three of us together. Will have one van, one pickup and one tent.

Thanks
Done.

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:33 PM   #1345
BogeyMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 433
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FYYFF View Post
IN LIST

42. Tony (BogeyMan) - BT3 - D2 - Berg FE570S
Wow! I guess I made it.

I'd better work on making sure the bike (and the body ) actually work.

I'm not fussed about campsite - the whole point of this for me is to meet new peeps.
http://photos.boggis.com
BogeyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:53 PM   #1346
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,674
IN #42
AZ TOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:09 PM   #1347
GSequoia
Where are my tools?

Oddometer: 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyMan View Post
I'd better work on making sure the bike (and the body ) actually work.
I hear you there. I need to get on making a deck for my trailer, putting my D606s on my extra wheel set (having a hell've a time finding a HD 17" tube), and tryign to remember to go they gym so I can be less of a big soft wimp!
GSequoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:45 PM   #1348
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ TOM View Post
IN #42

easy now tom......

now you got a job to get ready to do galacticgs's 300+ mile loop.....

ERSIN UPDATED THE IN LIST TODAY. IF YOU ALREADY PAID AND NOT IN GREEN, WAIT TILL TOMORROW MORNING, AND THEN LET US KNOW. HE'S WORKING ON THE LIST AS WE SPEAK.

there will be available spots, not sure how many. this is your chance. PAYPAL TALKS. send me your payment and you're IN. we will still be actively collecting until this FRIDAY.

starting next week, we will focus on the event and planning details.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #1349
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Lewis View Post

The special WED Mar 27th class, arranged by some of the guys on this thread earlier has plenty of openings now but as always happens a few guys get decide to go and then it might fill quickly since I'll have to limit this class size because I can't get my usual assistants during the week. And I like to keep the student/instructor ratio in check.

And here is the worst part, when I do my magic show on Saturday (or is it Friday?) you will wish you learned all that stuff earlier so you could have put it to use.

And since I'm totally pimping my classes here, here is the free offer to everyone here:

If you have a question about riding technique or bike setup, PM me through ADV and I will answer the question back to you and possibly post the good ones in this thread (If Joel wants me to).

I can answer 9 out fo 10 questions without referring to a reference manual.

And fi you are on the waiting list for this ride and want to do something similar there is an event called "AltRider's Taste Of Dakar" taking place in Pahrump, NV Feb. 23-25 with a similar feel yet the give-aways won't stand a chance to Joel's raffle.

jimmy, by all means post them up.

this is probably the best thread where the readers and participants are looking for answers to their crashing issue....

i won't deny it, i'm also in the special needs category... btw, i rode last weekend and did over 500 miles, probably 200 miles of dirt, rocks, mud, snow and ice. little sand. i survived, all those times, i keep on playing on my mind what you said, to stay in control by keeping your balance. came home with no holes in my pants and jacket....

it's your call when to do the riding basics. both days are fine. probably friday is better since there's the saturday raffle. this way the participants get 2 whammys 2 days in a row. still, your call and we will make adjustments.

thanks jimmy for being supportive and helping us all to become better riders.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:17 PM   #1350
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConTeacher View Post

A Dual Tool Plus kit consisting of a Promach Dual Tool and a Tamper Resistant Oil Cap.

If you ride a BMW R1200 this new tool will lighten your load and make it more compact. Made of anodized, CNC machined, 6061-T6 aluminum, the Promach DualTool is 1 1/4 inches in diameter by 1 1/2 inches long and weighs in at only 1.8 oz. The outside tool is for spark plug cap removal, and if you can't get a good enough grip on it, just insert a screwdriver through the hole and you've got a T-handle. This tool can be used on the BMW Oilhead and Hexhead models, from 2003-2012. The hex tool is designed to fit your front axle for wheel removal. It has a 22mm hex that will fit the R1200, K1200S, K1200R, and K1200GT front axles, and has a 19mm hex on the other end for socket or wrench use. You can also help out a friend with an F800 BMW since the 19mm hex will fit that bike. It has a 3/8 inch square drive on each end, designed to fit your ratchet or torque wrench.

damn bill, you keep on stealing my show....

just kidding. really you're doing this event and the particpants a very big favor. last year, we have to buy many of our raffle prizes. this time, we could channel the extra $ to charity and couple of projects. thank you bill.

NSFW screwed with this post 02-07-2013 at 07:09 PM