Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 11:44 PM   #16
nuttynu
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepwood View Post
My goal this summer is to leave Nashville the beginning of August and get back sometime in September. I've always read the aurora borealis in Alaska is the best in September and that is my goal really, Northern Lights and Arctic Circle/Ocean. Everything along the way is a bonus. I realize that September in Alaska will be colder and might get sketchy but I have to see those lights.
Yes those month will be a bit more colder and rain. So just be prepare , dress warm and stay dry.

:)

nuttynu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:26 AM   #17
Nanuq
Aventurer by Trade

Oddometer: 1,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDuc View Post
Nice to finally meet you at the REI Anchorage store this summer. You coming to Dawson City for the D2D gathering June 20-21?

For those of you interested, there's an info thread about our ferry system in my sig line

Mark H.
Hello AKDuc, it was a pleasure to meet you as well. I would like to make it, I suppose I should stake-out a campsite now. Are you getting any winter rides in this year? How is the amazing Fai right now?
2008 KLR 685- Iron Butt Association #44803
Trippin' in the Yukon & the AK!

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth" - Steve McQueen
Nanuq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:05 AM   #18
AKDuc
Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer: 6,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanuq View Post
I would like to make it, I suppose I should stake-out a campsite now. Are you getting any winter rides in this year? How is the amazing Fai right now?
Just finally getting the studded tires on the KLR. Fai is doing well. I'll tell her you said "hello."

Be great to see you in Dawson City. We really fill up the corner of the Goldrush Campground in town. Fun!

Remember to practice up for the Biker Games too.

And then plan on going up The Midnight Dome behind town for the Solstice party with the locals. Mark H.

AKDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:44 AM   #19
jprism OP
Got Miles & Smiles

Oddometer: 73
Thumb Alaska 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by road tramp mike View Post
I plan on leaving 6/28 and going up the mississippi river and on to ak. Will have plenty of timeas I probably quit work. I live 80 m8 east of you. Contact me if your interested
Sounds interesting. My only plans that are written in stone are my dates. I have already made campground reservations for Denali NP, Jasper/Banff NP and Glacier NP as they are almost impossible to get. Therefore I must leave Nashville on June 11 to meet those reservations. If you are not already set on your dates let's talk.

Jim
Tennessee Traveler #41
Double Darkside #1164
"Got Miles!"
jprism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:47 AM   #20
jprism OP
Got Miles & Smiles

Thumb Alaska 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepwood View Post
My goal this summer is to leave Nashville the beginning of August and get back sometime in September. I've always read the aurora borealis in Alaska is the best in September and that is my goal really, Northern Lights and Arctic Circle/Ocean. Everything along the way is a bonus. I realize that September in Alaska will be colder and might get sketchy but I have to see those lights.
Sounds like you have a great plan but I am stuck with my dates of June 11 to July 12 as I have reservations for Denali NP, Jasper/Banff NP and Glacier NP plus hope for less chance of rain in mid June and mid July.
Tennessee Traveler #41
Double Darkside #1164
"Got Miles!"
Old 01-22-2013, 08:06 AM   #21
ajklik
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
alaska

Ship my Dutch orange tiger1050 end of June to Halifax, pick up some friends in Toronto and then to Anchorage, July 18th approx. Stay there for 2 nights, change tires at Dan's place, and then back to Hailfax.
Wear your adv decals visible!
albert
ajklik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:51 PM   #22
skidlid
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 326
Jim,

I'm leaving a few days before you from Boone, NC. June 2, I believe. Probably pass your house around lunch time! You're gonna love this trip. I made it up to Dawson in 2010 and loved it so much,
I cant wait to go back.

Dave
skidlid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:18 PM   #23
theshnizzle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by kag View Post
I will be rolling out in mid June till mid July. I plan to enter Canada in Montana and head on up to Dawson Creek. Unsure but thinking of taking the Ferry back from Alaska. I lived in Delta Junction AK for almost 8 years an drove it in my truck a couple of times. 1st time on my bike. kind of torn right now as to if i am going to ride my Harley Ultra or my Buell Ulysses. leaning towards my harley simply because if I need mechanical support at least I can get it. I hope to camp the majority of the time but my plan is if its raining hard them a roof and warm bed it is. I've been wet and cold enough in my life.

Looking at solo as the guy that was going backed out.....it happens
so it sounds like you mean the local Harley dealership wont service the Buell? But I thought that Harley sold Bue......never mind....
theshnizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:12 PM   #24
NightProwler
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
plan on leaving ohio on the 29th making way over to montana up through calgary into bannf then to alcan to anchorage and homer back down cassier to glacier np. solo 4 now pm me if interested
NightProwler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:34 AM   #25
jprism OP
Got Miles & Smiles

Thumb Alaska

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightProwler View Post
plan on leaving ohio on the 29th making way over to montana up through calgary into bannf then to alcan to anchorage and homer back down cassier to glacier np. solo 4 now pm me if interested
Sorry but my June 11th departure is written in stone as I have campground reservations in Denali, Jasper/Banff NP and Glacier NP which are hard to get plus I will be doing Jasper/Banff and Glacier on the way home in July. Have a great trip and post some pics when you return

Jim
Tennessee Traveler #41
Double Darkside #1164
"Got Miles!"
Old 02-08-2013, 06:36 AM   #26
jprism OP
Got Miles & Smiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlid View Post
Jim,

I'm leaving a few days before you from Boone, NC. June 2, I believe. Probably pass your house around lunch time! You're gonna love this trip. I made it up to Dawson in 2010 and loved it so much,
I cant wait to go back.

Dave
Thanks Dave, hope your trip is the best. This is my first time going to Alaska and I just can't wait to see the countryside.
Tennessee Traveler #41
Double Darkside #1164
"Got Miles!"
Old 02-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #27
NightProwler
Adventurer

maybe i`ll see you on the road jim, have a safe trip
Old 02-08-2013, 04:32 PM   #28
Cerberus83
The Wingman

Oddometer: 141
@NightProwler - how long is the trip (how many days)? I am planning to ride out to Maine in June (even thought about riding out to St. John in Newfoundland), but not sure if that will happen yet so depending on the days, I may be able to swing it.
Cerberus83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:21 PM   #29
NightProwler
Adventurer

planning on 33 days the 29th of june to july 31st
Old 02-09-2013, 06:57 PM   #30
Cerberus83
The Wingman

Oddometer: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightProwler View Post
planning on 33 days the 29th of june to july 31st
Unfortunately I won't be able to pull that off; however, good luck with the trip!
Cerberus83 is offline   Reply With Quote