ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 07:24 AM   #3091
Dorian
Xlg carbon footprint

Oddometer: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumberjeff View Post
Yes, I have been racing and riding offroad for years. A couple of years back the KTM rep let me borrow a 990 for the Shelton Dualsport ride. Me and the girlfriend had a fantastic time and I have been wanting and waiting ever since. If any of you are in the Tacoma area I usually hang out at the Harmon Brewery or Tap Room and the Parkway Tavern.
Hey Jeff

Glad to see that you've been sucked into the ADVrider vortex. You'll never be the same again

As you know snow is the limiting factor (well maybe not for you) this time of year for any riding ~1,500+ but there are a lot of lowland logging roads and back roads to explore. Congrats on the 990!

- Dorian

www.psermc.org

Dorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:26 AM   #3092
dammitdave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,189
Quilcene Today!

Blast, I forgot to post yesterday! We are riding out of Quilcene today on the low roads. Meet up is at 9am for breakfast at Logger's Landing. We will be looping back to Quilcene for a late lunch. Everyone is welcome to join us. Dave
...what this really wants is an outgoing, gregarious, driven, type A; an extrovert, Alpha male P.T. Barnum salesman type with little time left to examine his life or to worry about knocking things off the coffee table with his tail....John Burns

I got the right gal when gas WAS $19 cents a gallon she's has put up with me for 58 years...AK Bike
dammitdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #3093
purpledrake
No Pretensions

Oddometer: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by dammitdave View Post
Blast, I forgot to post yesterday! We are riding out of Quilcene today on the low roads. Meet up is at 9am for breakfast at Logger's Landing. We will be looping back to Quilcene for a late lunch. Everyone is welcome to join us. Dave
Shucks! I just saw this. Hope that your ride was safe (and warm?). (Post earlier, please/please/please.)
Old 01-19-2013, 07:56 PM   #3094
Steven
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 557
Dammitdave led a great ride today!

Quote:
Dammidave led us on a great ride today. It wasn't very cold, but we did encounter a bit of ice and snow.

We had a nice breakfast at Loggers Landing.

Dave checks his tire pressure before we head out.

My trusty KLR!

We encountered a bit of icy snow.

Michael and his KTM.

Apparently our bikes were tired, they decided to take naps!

KTM's make cool skid marks on the ice!

Dave's bike decided to take a nap also!

Great fun!
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:01 PM   #3095
everycredit
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 270
Yeah, just saw this too. Was wanting to meet with other south sounders.
everycredit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:29 AM   #3096
PNWRR
Carlos Anger

Oddometer: 806
sorry I missed this. What roads did you slide, er, ride on, Dave?

PNWRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:33 PM   #3097
dammitdave
Beastly Adventurer

Yeah, Yeah it was slick......

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWRR View Post
sorry I missed this. What roads did you slide, er, ride on, Dave?

Bill, we managed to do the 120rd that parallels Penny Crk then Snow Crk and Woods Rd. The Hood Canal side of things gets more sun so the farther North and West we rode the icier it got. The 120rd had a good crust of ice on the mudholes, and there were lots of 'em, some snow and downed limbs. We got into a little packed ice on Lord's Lake Rd West of the reservoir, quite a bit from the gravel pit on, on Snow Crk and then got our collective butts bruised getting over to Woods Rd. Apparently there are not photos documenting Andre's tipover so it must not have happened. After coffee at the Long House we toured the back roads to Diamond Point and took the Old Gardiner Rd back to the highway where we split up to head home. It was good to get out for a ride, Thanks Steven!, but I think I'll stay below about 500 feet until the bruise on my hip heals. DD
...what this really wants is an outgoing, gregarious, driven, type A; an extrovert, Alpha male P.T. Barnum salesman type with little time left to examine his life or to worry about knocking things off the coffee table with his tail....John Burns

I got the right gal when gas WAS $19 cents a gallon she's has put up with me for 58 years...AK Bike
Old 01-20-2013, 05:03 PM   #3098
everycredit
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven View Post
Looks like you dropped something in the lower right side of the photo.

EDIT: also in the middle of the photo, of course.
everycredit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:34 AM   #3099
dammitdave
Beastly Adventurer

Giving credit....

Good eye everycredit! Thats the $8 sacrificial mirror from the left side. I didn't dare take my hands of the bars to fold them in and they had been forgotten when we set out. 'Seems small potatoes in the world of possibilities surrounding an un-gracefull dismount on glaze ice. dd

Old 01-21-2013, 06:12 PM   #3100
Gootch
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 830
I'm glad you guys got out for a classic "check the snow levels ride" from Quilcene and the LL. By the looks of things, I'm glad I wasn't with you.
Gootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:41 AM   #3101
dammitdave
Beastly Adventurer

Your memory is still good......!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gootch View Post
I'm glad you guys got out for a classic "check the snow levels ride" from Quilcene and the LL. By the looks of things, I'm glad I wasn't with you.
Gootch, I just kept telling myself "If it doesn't get better in a hundred yards I'm going home".

Old 01-22-2013, 06:25 PM   #3102
Gootch
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 830
Quote:
Gootch, I just kept telling myself "If it doesn't get better in a hundred yards I'm going home".
And 13 1/2 miles (and one KTM on the ground) later. I think my nerves have come back.
Gootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #3103
DANRIDE
A Weeble

Oddometer: 598
Steven has let me put that KLR on the ground a couple of times cause I can't keep my own bikes running Let me know when the snow is gone. Who know's a good KTM tunner.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:15 PM   #3104
erg59
DoesThisKTMmakeMeLookFat?

Oddometer: 320
Hey Dan! how have you been? Are we going riding this year?
erg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:09 PM   #3105
puckinet
Safety third

Oddometer: 345
Man Eric what did you do to Dan? When you jump in he's gone. Dan have some that may be able to help you with your KTM tuning PM me.

08 KTM 450 EXCR
2010 BMW F800GS
Rick
puckinet is offline   Reply With Quote