Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2013, 09:47 PM   #1
Tengai In Toronto OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 186
Bringing a 1983 Primavera back to life

About 8 years ago my mother went through a minor mid-life crisis, buying an old Smallframe to get to and from work. About 4 years later, on her way to work, she checked her blindspot in order to change lanes. When she turned forward again, the Volvo wagon in front of her had come to a stop. Uh oh.

She ended up going through the rear hatch, probably scaring the living shit out of the two children in the back seat. She needed some stitches on her hairline as she was wearing an open faced helmet, and some in her knee, but other than that, just minor bruising!

The bike however, was a little beat up. The leg shield was dented, the front fender was mangled, and the front forks were bent beyond repair.

She replaced it immediately with a new Vespa S and abandoned the '83 in the bowels of my parents' one car garage.

4 years later, I remembered its existence and decided to BBRRRRRING IT BACK TO LIIIIIIFEEE!!!!!

New forks, new wheel bearings, relined the tank, new petcock, oil change, new front fender.....unpainted as of yet....yellow headlight film, plastidipped wheels, army surplus pouches ($4 for the pair) and a sweet red cross sticker....no clue where it's from.

Here she is:

'93 Dnepr MT-11
'83 Vespa Primavera ET3
Tengai In Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote