ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2013, 11:58 PM   #1
The Savage Rabbit OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Weird Things

2012 990 Adventure with 220 miles on it. Twice while riding slowly at low RPM, I pulled the clutch in to down shift and the engine died. I hit the starter button and it fired right back up. I believe I've read about some stalling issues before. The bike has Akrapovics with a map supplied by the dealer for them. Only using 91 octane from name brand gas stations.

Here's another puzzle, on two or three occasions the bike's clock reset to 12:00 upon starting. The battery terminal connections are tight. Hooked the bike up to a tender tonight and it was fully charged in a few hours.

The bike fires up like a champ. No warning lights. No other signs of an electrical problem.

Any thoughts? Wiring harness worn through and shorting in only a couple hundred miles? Battery issue? Fuel map causing stalling and the clock thing is its own problem? Got the 4 year warranty on this one so I'm not overly concerned. I'd just prefer not to waste time taking it in if the dealer won't be able to replicate the issues (I haven't been able to intentionally replicate either issue) or if they are weird Austrian break-in issues which will go away on their own.

The Savage Rabbit screwed with this post 01-23-2013 at 12:07 AM
The Savage Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote