ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 08:56 AM   #10291
MeterPig
Meh

Oddometer: 17,090
Every item needs a price

Cheers.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:30 AM   #10292
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 15,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeterPig View Post
This is the Rockies Flea Market....I don't think we're as hung up on that stuff as the big show. Pretty informal around here.
A mere mention of an ebay of craigslist ad in the big show will get your ad nuked - not here.
IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #10293
Narsisco Lopez
Addlepated

Oddometer: 2,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakebird View Post
This is the Rockies Flea Market....I don't think we're as hung up on that stuff as the big show. Pretty informal around here.
A mere mention of an ebay of craigslist ad in the big show will get your ad nuked - not here.

Thanks, Blake

That's kind of what I thought, but I'm still sort of a newb around these parts and don't wanna overstep
A Few Past Bikes
: 2003 Suzuki DRZ400E | 2012 BMW K13S | 2009 KTM 990 Adventure
Narsisco Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:23 PM   #10294
Yellow Pig
Allergic to Asphalt!

Oddometer: 7,217
So.....what replacement are you looking at?
Old 01-23-2013, 12:34 PM   #10295
soldierguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 467
I’m getting ready to move to California, and need to clear out a few things before I go. I’m not asking any money for these things, but I do love Australian wine. I’d be happy to part with any/all of this stuff for a bottle…I love any Shiraz, or a particular one called Layer Cake. Hell, even if you show up with nothing but a smile, I'd still give ya the stuff.

Stuff follows:

EDIT: XS650 PARTS ARE SPOKEN FOR. Several boxes of parts that came off of my '78 Yamaha XS 650. Most of this stuff came with the bike when I got it, and I honestly haven't gone through it all. You could likely build about 1.5 engines with what's there. There's a bunch of lights, a couple of alternators (I'd recommend testing and possibly re-winding), a seat in good condition (cover is good, minor surface rust on pan and one small rust hole in the seat pan), and two chrome exhaust pipes (I don't have the header pipes). You may see some oil in the pics...I'm keeping the oil and oil filters. I have what I need for the bike, and don't have room for the extra stuff where I'm going. I'd rather that this all goes at once rather than piecemeal it all.

EDIT: CARGO BASKET IS GONE. THANKS CO-DAN! Yakima MegaWarrior cargo basket. Includes all mounts to install on your car that has cargo crossbars (cargo crossbars not included), and includes a cargo bar to secure or partition your load on the rack. I’ve used this on both an Outback and a Grand Cherokee. 52X48X6.5 inches. Pretty good condition, with some minor scrapes from use and storage. I have three locks and keys to lock the cargo basket to your crossbars (only two are needed, one per crossbar), or you can use it without the locks. A new MegaWarrior is $379 on Yakima’s website. I have a truck now, so I have no need for a cargo basket. It can be taken apart to make storage easier, but I'm not going to disassemble it for ya.

EDIT: RAMP IS GONE. THANKS CO-DAN! ReadyRamp folding aluminum motorcycle ramp/bed extender. 600lb capacity, 98 inches long when laid out flat, 56 inches long when fully folded up, and is designed to be used on a tailgate that is at least 60 inches wide if used as a bed extender. It’s too big to use as a bed extender or cargo partition on my Tacoma, but would work in that role on a full-size truck. A new ReadyRamp for a full-size truck is $289 at Rocky Mountain ATV/MC. I never used it as a bed extender, and have no idea what happened to the straps that are supposed to attach it to the bed, but it’d be pretty easy to figure something out for that.

Miscellaneous ratchet and tie-down straps. An entire milk-crate full of them (a bonus for KLR owners! ). Some are brand new in the package, and there’s a mix of straps designed for securing a car to a trailer or a motorcycle to a trailer. The used ones are in serviceable condition. I’ve used the motorcycle straps and some of the car straps, and I'm keeping the ones that I need to move the bikes. No pics of those…I think we’ve all seen tie-down straps.

All transactions are final, I offer no warranties expressed or implied on any of these items , and any/all of these items are to be used at your own risk, for which I bear no responsibility.

PM me with your contact info, and we’ll set up a time for you to come by. I’m in Fountain, at the south end of Colorado Springs.

'13 Yamaha Super Tenere - my dream bike

soldierguy screwed with this post 01-23-2013 at 04:32 PM
soldierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #10296
CO-Dan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldierguy View Post
I’m getting ready to move to California, and need to clear out a few things before I go. I’m not asking any money for these things, but I do love Australian wine. I’d be happy to part with any/all of this stuff for a bottle…I love any Shiraz, or a particular one called Layer Cake. Hell, even if you show up with nothing but a smile, I'd still give ya the stuff.

Stuff follows:

Several boxes of parts that came off of my '78 Yamaha XS 650. Most of this stuff came with the bike when I got it, and I honestly haven't gone through it all. You could likely build about 1.5 engines with what's there. There's a bunch of lights, a couple of alternators (I'd recommend testing and possibly re-winding), a seat in good condition (cover is good, minor surface rust on pan and one small rust hole in the seat pan), and two chrome exhaust pipes (I don't have the header pipes). You may see some oil in the pics...I'm keeping the oil and oil filters. I have what I need for the bike, and don't have room for the extra stuff where I'm going. I'd rather that this all goes at once rather than piecemeal it all.

Yakima MegaWarrior cargo basket. Includes all mounts to install on your car that has cargo crossbars (cargo crossbars not included), and includes a cargo bar to secure or partition your load on the rack. I’ve used this on both an Outback and a Grand Cherokee. 52X48X6.5 inches. Pretty good condition, with some minor scrapes from use and storage. I have three locks and keys to lock the cargo basket to your crossbars (only two are needed, one per crossbar), or you can use it without the locks. A new MegaWarrior is $379 on Yakima’s website. I have a truck now, so I have no need for a cargo basket. It can be taken apart to make storage easier, but I'm not going to disassemble it for ya.

ReadyRamp folding aluminum motorcycle ramp/bed extender. 600lb capacity, 98 inches long when laid out flat, 56 inches long when fully folded up, and is designed to be used on a tailgate that is at least 60 inches wide if used as a bed extender. It’s too big to use as a bed extender or cargo partition on my Tacoma, but would work in that role on a full-size truck. A new ReadyRamp for a full-size truck is $289 at Rocky Mountain ATV/MC. I never used it as a bed extender, and have no idea what happened to the straps that are supposed to attach it to the bed, but it’d be pretty easy to figure something out for that.

Miscellaneous ratchet and tie-down straps. An entire milk-crate full of them (a bonus for KLR owners! ). Some are brand new in the package, and there’s a mix of straps designed for securing a car to a trailer or a motorcycle to a trailer. The used ones are in serviceable condition. I’ve used the motorcycle straps and some of the car straps, and I'm keeping the ones that I need to move the bikes. No pics of those…I think we’ve all seen tie-down straps.

All transactions are final, I offer no warranties expressed or implied on any of these items , and any/all of these items are to be used at your own risk, for which I bear no responsibility.

PM me with your contact info, and we’ll set up a time for you to come by. I’m in Fountain, at the south end of Colorado Springs.
PM'd on Cargo Basket and Ramp
CO-Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:15 PM   #10297
El Caballo Loco
Pants-free living!

Oddometer: 446
Looking for seconds on the ramp.
El Caballo Loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:43 PM   #10298
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Oddometer: 8,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow View Post
This bike has 492 miles on it 90% street. The options include KTM 14 x 48 gearing-Flatland skid plate- GPR4 steering stabilizer- KTM heated grips- Pro-bend hand guards- Double take mirror- Enduro engineering soft seat- Moose racing day pack. I am selling this bike for health reasons. Firm at $9000.00 call 303 -- 933 -- 0559
Snow,

Thanks for the information on your bike........make that your VERY nicely sorted bike.....good luck on the knees and somebody is going to get a great deal on your bike.....wish I was more local to you.....

and a bit of a bump.....
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:49 PM   #10299
Sir Denis Eton-Hogg
Tap into America

Oddometer: 555
PM'd on the XS stuff

PM'd on the XS stuff
Sir Denis Eton-Hogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:58 PM   #10300
soldierguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Caballo Loco View Post
Looking for seconds on the ramp.
Thanks. As of right now, everything is spoken for except the KLR luggage and ratchet straps. I'll edit my main post if anything changes to the status of the items.

'13 Yamaha Super Tenere - my dream bike
soldierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:21 PM   #10301
Narsisco Lopez
Addlepated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Pig View Post
So.....what replacement are you looking at?

Not prepared to say at this juncture
A Few Past Bikes
Old 01-23-2013, 06:06 PM   #10302
Yellow Pig
Allergic to Asphalt!

Oddometer: 7,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narsisco Lopez View Post
Not prepared to say at this juncture
Bôoooooooooooo!

;)
Old 01-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #10303
Narsisco Lopez
Addlepated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Pig View Post
Bôoooooooooooo!

;)
Working a deal, but let's just say... its F-F-F-F-F-F-F-FAST

Seriously... I've got a deal in the works that could wrap up as early as tomorrow.

In addition, Ron from Motorado would really love to get a chance to sell my KTM on consignment, so if anyone is even remotely-entertaining the idea of getting a 990 Adventure, contact me ASAP... I can possibly work an "ADV SPECIAL" deal before I give Ron a shot at it.

EDIT: The 990 is now resting up for its next owner in the capable hands of Ron at Moto-rado - Anyone who's interested can go see it there.
A Few Past Bikes

Narsisco Lopez screwed with this post 01-24-2013 at 04:40 PM
Old 01-23-2013, 06:53 PM   #10304
rtadlock
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narsisco Lopez View Post
Working a deal, but let's just say... its F-F-F-F-F-F-F-FAST

Seriously... I've got a deal in the works that could wrap up as early as tomorrow.

In addition, Ron from Motorado would really love to get a chance to sell my KTM on consignment, so if anyone is even remotely-entertaining the idea of getting a 990 Adventure, contact me ASAP... I can possibly work an "ADV SPECIAL" deal before I give Ron a shot at it.
http://www.motorado.co/inventory/2009-bmw-k1300s

rtadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #10305
LostAussie
Growing Old, Not Up!

Oddometer: 538
2008 wr250x

Still needing to thin the herd!

2008 Yamaha WR250X. On Craigslist for $3,500. Inmate price $3,300.

Here is a link to the Craigslist Ad: http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/mcy/3567235666.html

LostAussie is online now   Reply With Quote