basketcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #47
George Papadopolis
between

Oddometer: 8,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by basketcase View Post

U of A, class of '80.
Holy crap a Bama fan who actually went there Rare indeed.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:44 PM   #48
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Oddometer: 39,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by basketcase View Post
Hmm. For a buck-fifty at the nearest C store he can him get some cheap cheese to go with that whine.

I watched the game and Te'o was not the only player all but shut out by Alabama. The fact is we ran all over them.

But there's more to it than the Alabama/Notre Dame matchup. Georgia could have also done the deed, or Florida, or Tennessee, or A & M. Welcome to the SEC...

Notre Dame came in believing all the hype they read about their selves and it bit them in the arse.

It is obvious Louisville should have been in the NC Bowl.

Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:42 AM   #49
wiseanhyzer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star-Bellied Sneetch View Post
In those quotes, he does not say that they met in person. He says that she "saw him at one of the games." Those are two different things.
Quote:
TE'O: We met just, ummmm, just she knew my cousin. And kind of saw me there so. Just kind of regular.
Ok. Would you assume that when someone says "we met just, just she knew my cousin" that they had never met in person? That's not "we never actually met in person." That was "we met through my cousin". He knew everyone would assume they met in real life.

What I now think happened: He got "catfished". Big time. But he embellished his relationship with her way too much and made it into something it wasn't because of the media attention. He lied and said they had met. He told his Dad they met when she came to visit him in Hawaii. He said she was the love of his life (even though he'd never laid eyes on her in real life). He talked about being on the phone with her while she was in a coma and her breathing picked up. He publicly built the relationship up into something it wasn't because he liked all the attention he gained from the tragedy.

And now that everyone knows it wasn't real he looks twice as foolish. He got catfished and then he told fishing stories.

wiseanhyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:24 PM   #50
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,756
It seems there are lots of people with invisible girlfriends.

Invisible Girlfriends.

shrineclown screwed with this post 01-22-2013 at 12:55 PM
shrineclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:55 AM   #51
basketcase
lifelong reject fixer

Oddometer: 1,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseanhyzer View Post
Ok. Would you assume that when someone says "we met just, just she knew my cousin" that they had never met in person? That's not "we never actually met in person." That was "we met through my cousin". He knew everyone would assume they met in real life.

What I now think happened: He got "catfished". Big time. But he embellished his relationship with her way too much and made it into something it wasn't because of the media attention. He lied and said they had met. He told his Dad they met when she came to visit him in Hawaii. He said she was the love of his life (even though he'd never laid eyes on her in real life). He talked about being on the phone with her while she was in a coma and her breathing picked up. He publicly built the relationship up into something it wasn't because he liked all the attention he gained from the tragedy.

And now that everyone knows it wasn't real he looks twice as foolish. He got catfished and then he told fishing stories.
I had never heard of that show until this all came up. The kid has to be embarrassed about the thing, but it would have been a lot better to admit it up front. We'll never know with any certainty, but I've considered that he and ND kept the lid on the thing until after the NC game to keep him from being trash-talked or taunted at the game proper.

And while I've had a little fun with it, there is another side to me that sees and has dealt with the pain. For years I worked as a counselor, and there are countless people out in our culture who struggle daily with overwhelming feelings of loneliness and alienation, and who are desperate for a sense of connection. The modern "online dating" patterns and the popularity of those web sites point directly to that reality.

But getting back to the satire at hand, when I look at that photo of the imaginary woman in the shower, my first thought is that she does not look anything like what I expected. Next she could stand to lose some weight -- just saying.

basketcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:17 AM   #52
RhinoVonHawkrider OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,318
This Just In - Manti's GF Back from the Dead

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...6pLid%3D260454

See kids this is why Facebook is for fools.

And yes I know the reasons why U have it, I NEED to tell everyone I just took a poop

Ahhh the dumbing down of society

BTW my coffee is kicking in....
Until the colour of a man's skin - Is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes -Me say war RNM
RhinoVonHawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:56 AM   #53
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Well, at least it is katie dope. That is like being interviewed by a hard hitting reporter like Larry King.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #54
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Oddometer: 39,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
Well, at least it is katie dope. That is like being interviewed by a hard hitting reporter like Larry King.
Don't dare say that in CSM.

Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:13 AM   #55
vettex2
X-Racer

Oddometer: 1,472
the guy is an idiot on so many levels
and
he got his ass handed to him in his last game
Old 01-24-2013, 09:03 AM   #56
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettex2 View Post
the guy is an idiot on so many levels
and
he got his ass handed to him in his last game
Your idiot, is tomorrow's treasure. Wait and see. Naive kid, caught in a bad situation, handled it poorly, (surprisingly, there are apparently other cases of this that are starting to take light....sickos out there). I am sure he did it on advice knowing his agent and I bet the coaches knew too (he is protecting them). Spin just took a bad turn on them. He will rebound nicely and have a great career. Also, he was not the only guy on the field facing the Alabama Hit Squad.

And hey, if half the nation is watching some guy buff 25 girls on TV and take a wife from it, this is really not all that strange.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:08 PM   #57
wiseanhyzer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,540
ESPN is reporting that the "girlfriend" on the phone was a guy. So not only did he get duped into a relationship with a fake girl, he spent hours and hours on the phone with a dude thinking it was a girl. Wow.

wiseanhyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #58
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Quote:
ESPN is reporting that the "girlfriend" on the phone was a guy. So not only did he get duped into a relationship with a fake girl, he spent hours and hours on the phone with a dude thinking it was a girl. Wow.

You are mean. I heard it on the radio.............
Old 01-25-2013, 08:56 AM   #59
liquidsmile
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,351
Quote:

Just when you thought it could not get any more odd. It does.
liquidsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:02 AM   #60
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,828
You know, I was the kid in college who was always respectful of women, treated them nice, Christian values toward relationships, etc... Even I would have had to at least see the girl if I was in a six month relationship. I don't know all the details here, and I doubt anyone ever will, but still... This whole thing is just odd.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: