ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2013, 11:54 AM   #1
SportsGuy OP
icanhazdirt?

Oddometer: 538
Playing on FS62 yesterday (video - no bike, sadly)

Picked up a new Contour +2 on Saturday, took the truck up to FS62 just past Startup/Sultan to play a bit and see what the trail looked like. Glad I did not take the Enduro R - would have been too cold, slippery and unfun for sure. I had planned to ride the bike, but Noon temps told me otherwise, so the truck was called on.

Pulled together a relatively tame video from the day, though - almost lost it a couple times playing WRC hero, and managed to grab some air when I thought the snow pile I was headed for would yield...and didn't...LOL No drama, just mild suprrise - but the Tacoma took it all in stride.

There's some fun riding up here in the summer with a few less travelled, yet open, trails around, and a nice one that leads down to a lake - great for a lunch break in the woods. Nothing here would be considered technical, though, so if you go, expect gravel roads with maybe a few small mildly technical spots off the main roads. I played around back here for a couple hours last summer, so there is enough road to spend time on, though the longer roads linking to other areas were all blocked when I went in - a couple of those were open yesterday.

SportsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:03 PM   #2
KTM Explorer
Dirt Whore

Oddometer: 194
Where *is* that at?
KTM Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:23 PM   #3
SportsGuy OP
icanhazdirt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM Explorer View Post
Where *is* that at?
Take Highway 2 (Steven's Pass Highway) towards Steven's Pass. You'll go from Monroe, through Sultan, through Startup and through Goldbar. After leaving Goldbar, you'll cross the Skyhomish River - just after Reiter Road.

Add another 5 - 8 minutes on Highway 2 and on your right-hand side, you'll see FS62 heading up the hill. There's a sizable "parking" area just before the gate - which I've always found open.

There are a lot more trails back there when the snow is gone. Some head up into the mountains more, others towards the valleys. One common issue is they all seem to dead end without connecting to any other roads or looping back.

On the map it's labelled as NF6200 - street sign calls it FS62...go figure...

SportsGuy screwed with this post 01-23-2013 at 01:42 PM
Old 01-23-2013, 02:05 PM   #4
KTM Explorer
Dirt Whore

Oddometer: 194
AH! Big (yellow?) gate and goes immediately up hill...........?
KTM Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:17 PM   #5
SportsGuy OP
icanhazdirt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM Explorer View Post
AH! Big (yellow?) gate and goes immediately up hill...........?
Bingo. But, so many roads in the woods out here match that decription...LOL But yeah, that's the one...