Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 07:36 AM   #46
zeropoint
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head2Wind View Post
It is possible to mount the OEM fan diverter/shield to a ADVmachines rally fan with mild modification. The part is fairly inexpensive at $4.59 USD.

KTM PN: 60035044050
Thanks man. Only just saw this. I'll look into it.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:04 AM   #47
Goosefeather
Captain Slow

Oddometer: 828
I installed the BDCW kit. Had never removed tanks before, so it was an educational experience. The instructions recommend removing the left hand tank as well as right. I reckon you need to do that to get access - I also loosened the radiator to access the wiring.
Be careful to ensure the screw on the oil breather is replaced square to avoid stripping the thread like I did - had to helicoil it. On reflection, perhaps I should have slotted the fan tab slightly to take the slight pressure of the screw.. 20-20 hindsight!
Goosefeather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:21 PM   #48
fasteddiecz
Panama Ed

Oddometer: 13
BDCW Aux Fan 2013 990 Instal

Goosefeather,
Which year bike were you installing that fan on? I'm working on mine now (2013 baja) and have run into a problem with the female wiring connectors and the installation of the allen screw that holds the beather cap down. I almost stripped the threads out and was bashing up the radiator fins trying to get the unit installed. I stopped and called Kurt at BDCW's for help. He sent me a new bracket and wiring harness where I'm still having problems.

I tweaked the first bracket to get the lower portion to line up with no luck. The new one I was sent had a slightly different bend to it so I though I was scott free, but no luck. Turns out, I still am waiting with Kurt to call me back to confirm, the fan was positioned in such a way that the lower bracket couldn't be pushed in just a bit more to properlly line up the allen bolt and fit over the breather hose. Also the bracket holding the breather hose has to be modified to fit this fan. At least this is what I have found in my case. If you elongate both holes on the breather hold down bracket, it will help prevent inserting the bolt at the incorrect angle. Probably the use of an allen wrench with the angled end will help install the allen screw with some ease.

The instructions for this install should have some more pictures and it should include the following
Step 1 - Remove both gas tanks
Step 2 - After removal of gas tanks, Stop and make a rum&coke, continue fan install tomorrow.
fasteddiecz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:05 PM   #49
grinns
Semper Fi

Oddometer: 1,313
ADVMachines one has worked fantastic for me.

grinns is offline   Reply With Quote